Your Silent Hill Movie Experience?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Gillespie wrote: All in all a great experience, Fun for the Whole Family! :twisted:
Wow, now that's some kick-ass line! :D

I was on first Silent Hill movie projection, with almost full cinema. There were some giggling and talking people, but after first town transformation, they all just shut up. I was with my friend. She was totally shocked when Grey Chidren appeared, covering her eyes, then jumping on nurses scene. And I... I was suprisingly terrified, because I wasn't excpecting such scary and disturbing show. I was sitting and keep saying: "Oh, F*ck!". In fact, I'm almost not swearing while watching the movie, but this time... I was so trilled and excited about how good it is... I just needed to express it in some way ;).

I'm going tomorrow, again. Hopes it'll work like this again.
swedish
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by swedish »

Honestly, there were some rowdy guys in my viewing but overall they actually made the movie more enjoyable. Before I explain this, I have to tell that I live in Honolulu, and in almost every movie you can always count a bunch of Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders with heavy pidgin accents hamming up the movie for you.

For instance, when Rose crashed the car and slammed her head on the wheel and made that juicy thud sound, one of them laughed loudly and then the whole theater started chuckling (I thought it was funny too). You have to understand that it was no laugh, but a laugh that you can only hear from these Samoan guys. It's the kind of laugh that makes you laugh, because it sounds so stupid and funny at the same time.

There were also some unintentionally funny parts in the movie, like when Alessa held up her arms towards Sharon and they spontaneously caught on fire. The same guy laughed out loud again, and so did a small number of us in the theater.

And when Rose encountered the Demon Nurses, one of the other guys from the same group shouted "Nice rack man!" My thoughts were the same too, heh.

And after Rose got passed them and ran and pushed the door, and the whole screen turns pure white for 10 seconds, the laughing Samoan said, "Ey, too bright uh?"

The real kicker came when at the ending where Rose and Sharon drive back home, all peaceful and serene when I heard a fart. Me and my friends actually thought it came from the movie and were like WTF, when we heard suppressed laughter from Mr. Samoan and his buddies.

Now, if there were annoying girls with cell phones going off and chatting through the movie, that would've pissed me off. But these guys actually made my Silent Hill movie experience alot more funnier than I thought it would've been.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6124/maiwaifuit1.jpg[/img][/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I saw the movie yesterday with a friend of mine. There were nine people in the theater. I was really very excited, but i must say i don't think the movie is that great. I was glad that they sticked with the game story, but i like the game 1000 times better. For people who never played one of the games (like my friend) it must have been very strange when Rose's world changed, also when her husband was looking for her in the school corridor but she was in a "different world". Nah..nothings better then the games :D
Phantom Allure
Historical Society Historian

Post by Phantom Allure »

Actually, that sort of twist and imagery has been done before in many films in the past, so it's not that confusing to non-gamers. It would have been more confusing if they attempted to explain all the nuances and details of the game storyline in a 2-hour timespan.
[url=http://www.marvindmartian.deviantart.com]Deviantart account[/url]
[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8271]My SH fanfic novel[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6642]Monster design set 1[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6974]Monster design set 2[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7970]Monster design set 3[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7213]Bosses design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6446&start=30]Commission design[/url] l [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7463]Manga sample pages[/url]
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

I saw the movie the day it came out with a few of my friends, my luffy, and my little sister(who was forced to come. Hahaha. :)). We got to the theater at around 2:30, just after my sister's school let out(we got there in ten minutes thanks to the Speed Racer antics of my luffy). There weren't that many people at the theater so we got to pick our ideal spots.

There were some teen brats(classic 'Mean Girls') who would not shut up through most of the movie. Several people around them(including us) told them to shut up, to which they replied 'It's a free count-riiii.' to which I replied, 'If you don't shut the fuck up I am legally and morally obligated to smack you.' I eventually got so pissed that I left the theater and bitched at the manager for forty minutes.

I missed nearly half of the movie(I didn't get to see Christbella get wire-raped D: ), but I got free tickets for my group, so I went to see it again that following Wednesday. :)

My second experience was great. Most of the people there had played the game, apparently. A group of us went to Starbucks afterwards to discuss the movie. :D
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

I swear I posted in this thread but I didn't see my post so whatever. I saw it 11:59 on 4/20

Everyone was a pothead that was there, not sure how many were fans. It was awsome, a few laughs but nothing else but quite theatre.

Second time I saw it was the day after and it had the usually people that didn't shut up, dumb cellphones and a fucking BABY, WTF. Anyhow wasn't as bad as some movies I've gone too, but soon I'm about to yell at ignorant people who don't turn their phone's off or have babies with them, especially during LOUD scenes like the grey children. Baby didn't shut up till after Rose leave's the cafe.
[img]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2263/scyronah6.gif[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Scyron wrote:I swear I posted in this thread but I didn't see my post so whatever. I saw it 11:59 on 4/20

Everyone was a pothead that was there, not sure how many were fans. It was awsome, a few laughs but nothing else but quite theatre.

Second time I saw it was the day after and it had the usually people that didn't shut up, dumb cellphones and a fucking BABY, WTF. Anyhow wasn't as bad as some movies I've gone too, but soon I'm about to yell at ignorant people who don't turn their phone's off or have babies with them, especially during LOUD scenes like the grey children. Baby didn't shut up till after Rose leave's the cafe.
Yeah, I had some parent-of-the-year material in the theater when I saw it too. You might as well bring your baby to an Ozzy Osbourn concert. What the heck is wrong with these people?

My viewing had the standard pimple faced teenagers trying to impress their girlfriends, chatty women talking about their kids soccer tournament, and the big fat guy with a beard that laughs really, really loud at inappropriate moments. Oh yea, and the parents with their 3 and 5 year old children that walked out after the obligatory Cybil F bombs. Lovely.

In fact the atmosphere flat out sucked. The theater I went to was small, old, and smelled like feet, and the laughing and yelling from the teen crowd there made the movie seem like a comedy. I guess that’s what I get for paying $4 a ticket. :)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Question is, who's feet?!!!!!! :o
manong janitor
Gravedigger

Post by manong janitor »

Went to see the film with my friends and it was ok during the first half of the film.

Then these retards at the back started throwing popcorn at us.

I took out my lighter and used it as a torch to see their faces and told them they'll be going home with broken noses if another popcorn hits us.

They stopped and left before the film finished.
Miasmal_Justice
Just Passing Through

Post by Miasmal_Justice »

I love Cybil wrote:Question is, who's feet?!!!!!! :o
It was ME!

MWA-HA-HA-HA-HAH!!!! :twisted:
XIII Death "Uniqueness lived fully"
King of Cups "Sustaining Desire"
Judgement XX "Daily Rebirth"
V Cups, VI Cups, VII Cups "End of Illusions, Fountain of Youth, Dreams Lived"
IV The Emperor "Pioneer of Love", O The Fool "Zero as Model", IX The Hermit "Healing". That's [b]me[/b], Baby.
Synthetic
Gravedigger

Post by Synthetic »

Saw it by myself durring the day, eating sushi.

I fucking rule.
[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m154/Melvold/SyntheticSig.jpg[/img]
"You shouldn't wound what you can't kill"
Dead Mind
Just Passing Through

Post by Dead Mind »

I rented it and saw it by myself at night, expecting it to be scary, eating popcorn. I liked the movie, but it could have been better, and it could have been scary.
Encryptorx
Just Passing Through

Sadness

Post by Encryptorx »

What are if u people ? u have no idea how this movie is totally weak... ? look far from the simple movie and stay focused on a insane mind... no scary no soundtracks no impulse no fear nothing.... they could make a wonderfull movie and wasted that with this... cliche effects and a fool ending..that girl horrible and sucked(Alessa), 1,2, monsters...nothing more...no intensive adrenaline... i dont know how to say more what the hell they made with this movie ?
the game is much better, and the trailler tool... i´m reallllly sad.... i dont know more what to say with this simples words...
whocares444
Just Passing Through

Post by whocares444 »

I have a feeling your first language isn't English.
Miasmal_Justice
Just Passing Through

Re: You have betterest human speak then efls in who-ville...

Encryptorx wrote:What are if u people ? u have no idea how this movie is totally weak... ? look far from the simple movie and stay focused on a insane mind... no scary no soundtracks no impulse no fear nothing.... they could make a wonderfull movie and wasted that with this... cliche effects and a fool ending..that girl horrible and sucked(Alessa), 1,2, monsters...nothing more...no intensive adrenaline... i dont know how to say more what the hell they made with this movie ?
the game is much better, and the trailler tool... i´m reallllly sad.... i dont know more what to say with this simples words...
:shock: ...Umm..... :lol:

Translation: What's wrong with you people? You're all idiots. This movie was terrible. You're either insane or simple. It wasn't scary, had a terrible soundtrack, it wasn't scary, and was just....bad. They could have made a wonderful movie, but they just wasted it on this.... Cliched effects, and a stupid ending. That girl was horrible, and truly sucked. There were maybe one or two monsters that were cool. Nothing more. It lacked life. I don't know what else to say, except What the Hell were they thinking with this movie!?!?!?

The games were alot better. Even the trailer was good. This movie made me depressed.....I don't know what else to say with these simple words (?)...; End Translation.

And now, my response (:lol:)

Well...let's work backwards, here. How the hell can a trailer be better then a movie? It's a freakin' commercial!!!! It doesn't even count as a form of media. Just a plague on your tv or movie screen (but those are just some peeves of mine :P). Now I don't know if you know this, but the movie wasn't trying to be better then the games. It was trying to be good, and it was trying to live up to the games image (of which it most definately did), but it's not supposed to be better then the game. If you try to do that, you end up with Alien Vs. Predator or Alone in the Dark.

Okay. What was wrong with the monsters? You need more detail dammit. The monsters weren't from the original games (some to most of them, but still), but it's not like there was any problem with them. They were cool, and freaky, and un-natural. In short, they're the most beautiful things a true Silent Hill fan is gonna see on the big-screen.

How could you judge a ten-year olds acting prowess? Seriously, I mean....She's a freakin' Kid! It's not like she was some 40 year-old who went to all of the best acting schools and wrote a thesis on drama. She's a kid. Leave her alone. I thought she was pretty good as Satan (or whoever the hell it was supposed to be). :twisted: I'll have to remember that :twisted:

The ending was ambiguous and artistically in-genius. I had mixed feelings about it till I watched it a second time, and realized what it says in the ending. "No matter how far you run from it, the second you have glimpsed evil, you can never go back." And also of course, one must suspect exactly which form of Alessa Rose took with her when she left Silent Hill, and that's food for the brain. All in all, no matter what you think of the ending, it is not a "fool ending". It's truly a fantastic ending. Anything else may have worked, but it wouldn't have really portayed it's message in quite the right way.

:cry: And Sean Bean's story is so heartbreaking :cry: :lol:

The games weren't supposed to be nessecarily scary, you know. It was atmosphere. Now....Terrible music? I don't know if you realized this, but the music was done by the original games composer, so wither A. You didn't like the music in the games either, or B. You don't have any idea what you're talking about. This isn't a question of taste at this point. The music is perfect. End of discussion.

"look far from the simple movie and stay focused on a insane mind":......WTF!?!??! Seriously, dude. I haven't seen anything that fucked up since "All Your Base are belong to us. You are on your way to destruction". That's just insane.

I think we have more of an idea then you, man. Literally speaking, at least. 4 year-olds have made more sense then you. Maybe English isn't your second languagw, or maybe English has devolved to such a point that everything without a brain can understand you, or something. I'm really trying to challenge your opinion with respect, but it's really hard to do that with someone that you can't understand. I'm not saying that's your fault or anything though. I don't know.

In the end though, I will have to chalk this up to opinions and taste. <shrugs> Originally I was just gonna translate it and leave it for others. :lol:
IV The Emperor "Pioneer of Love", O The Fool "Zero as Model", IX The Hermit "Healing". That's [b]me[/b], Baby.
valtiel_unknown
Just Passing Through

Post by valtiel_unknown »

when I went to see it, it was not only amazing, but it is my favorite movie of all time. its been a while since then, and I have the dvd now.

In the theatre tho people we immature, cell phones were ringing, and rude comments about the movie were said. Lets just say it was a good thing I had my baseball bat in my car :)[/b]
Congratulations, Rose... You've made it. Your Reward, The Truth!
Wayward Soul
Gravedigger
Location: Purgatory. Neither Heaven nor Hell will accept me to their Kingdom Gates.

Post by Wayward Soul »

I saw it the day when it came out, I think it was a noon showing so there was no one else in the theater with so I got to watch it all by myself. The theater was so dark that the only light in there was coming the movie itself, and the movie was so long that it made my seat shake. It was fucking sweet movie experience that I might never get again, I will enjoy it whenever I get the chance. :mrgreen:
[url=http://robb-wayward.deviantart.com/][color=blue]Some walk on the path of Light[/url][/color]
[url=http://youtube.com/user/RobbWayward][color=red]Some walk on the path of Dark[/url][/color]

I shall walk on both paths.
Encryptorx
Just Passing Through

Miasmal_Justice resp.

Post by Encryptorx »

u may right, of ur point of view, and yes, english isnt my 1 language and i dont speak or write it a long time.

and i respect everyone who watched and liked it, i just speak a little of my opinion...
the movie could be much better, they have all effects and atmosphere to do so, but..no way i didnt like it, about the music..not the Real music,, but the impact of music and effects could be better too

anyway i just think that can..be better next time...

-- :o about ur translate...i dont say that they r stupid , just say that really can be much real game atmosphere, like sh1 , really nice effects and soundtrack.

and movie has just that creatures ? maybe a fewer more can do the job.

that´s it 8)
Miasmal_Justice
Just Passing Through

Re: Miasmal_Justice resp.

Encryptorx wrote:u may right, of ur point of view, and yes, english isnt my 1 language and i dont speak or write it a long time.

and i respect everyone who watched and liked it, i just speak a little of my opinion...
the movie could be much better, they have all effects and atmosphere to do so, but..no way i didnt like it, about the music..not the Real music,, but the impact of music and effects could be better too

anyway i just think that can..be better next time...

-- :o about ur translate...i dont say that they r stupid , just say that really can be much real game atmosphere, like sh1 , really nice effects and soundtrack.

and movie has just that creatures ? maybe a fewer more can do the job.

that´s it 8)
Oh no no no I didn't mean any disrespect, or to make fun of your english, I was joking around- you know, freindly-like. It's ignorant to be like "LAWLAWL U CNAT SPELKL DERRRRRRR!!!@!@!!@!" I was poking fun, but in a good way, you know?

Anyways, that was a bad translation I know, I just did the best I could. I was wrong there but still, pretty good for my first time, eh :P

I think I understand what you're goin' on with music. I'm taking my Bachelors in Music right now and I have a good ear for music. I understand what you're getting at, but all of the scenes where the music stood out for me was Alessas judgement scene, and the end with the wailing german chick (no objectifying intended :lol: ). Not in a bad way though; I thought the music in those scenes was fantastic. In any case, I was kind of annoyed by how un-climactic the music in the scene with the grey-children was. It was just too normal and un-interesting to build the proper terror for an army of crazy screaming side-ways headed little bastards. Still, they did make up for it with the fact that they were an army of side-ways headed screaming little bastards :P

In any case, once again I chalk it up to opinions and personal taste. If everyone was the same, life would be boring as hell (Like Silent Hill without the monsters).
Encryptorx
Just Passing Through

Post by Encryptorx »

yep, that´s it... i work with video editing and music composing , have my own musics and like almost all silent hill soundtrack, i agree with some music part of movie but ..u know other could be more Strong dirt... and no offence from u.

In any case, once again I chalk it up to opinions and personal taste. If everyone was the same, life would be boring as hell (Like Silent Hill without the monsters).

tottaly agree