Are you ready for Silent Hill 2? (Game Spoiler)

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

jsunderland67
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by jsunderland67 »

I'd actually be crawling aorund on my nether parts too.

What do you feel about the movie was cheated. I felt nothing was. I came out of the theatre thinking, besides the plot change, practically 95 to 98% dead on. And I'll tell you the truth, for someone like me whose into these games and watched the movie non stop not even I understand the ending, but then again when it comes to the movie and the games, not everything i understood. Now even though the ending did not give us anything openly enough to show a sequal or a movie series ending I still liked it. It makes you wonder and think.

But again what do you mean when you feel the movie was cheated?
Only the Dark One opens and closes the door to Silent Hill.
Dark-dreamer
Just Passing Through
Location: Aberdeenshire, Scotland-the middle of west-freakin nowhere

Post by Dark-dreamer »

Well I understand taking it in a new direction,but I personally have alot of disdain for Witch-hunting, and torture movies, and for me it was ike an amalgamation of those, the movie was perfect, frightening and really well done, up until the part where they first enter the church, to me it transformed then, into one of those old torture movies, and yet it was still Silent Hill.
It was a fantastic movie, the effects could not be better, and I really liked the monsters, and i practically leapt out of my seat when Pyramid Head first appeared.
It just wasn't the Silent Hill I knew, it was like the best bits of the game, had just been smooshed into a strange plot, to be honest, I disliked the slaughter scene at the end, I personally think it would have been better to have them all running out of the church, and meeting the darkness outside, as though they're was no escape from their own hell!! It could have been like Lord of the Rings mixed with Silent Hill, imagine Pyramid Head cutting a swathe through all the siinners, but still in a ritualistic way, punishment for their sins. thats what pyramid head is all about in Silent Hill 2 isn't he? he skewers Maria/Mary in front of James, and then he comes for him.
Also i thought the barbed-wire up the skirt scene was entirely unnecessary, that may due to the fact that i'm gyeanaphobic but still Yes Christabella was pretty twisted, okay very twisted but as my friend Wendy said to me, "She believed what she was doing was right!"
As for the ending, It was very Silent Hill, not really clear on what was going on, but I really wanted a resolution, are they dead? I personally don't think so.
As a final note, I had already imagined the movie a certain way, and i was slightly dissappointed when it didn't compare. It maybe because i'm a writer. I think the beginning of the movie should have had the title theme from SH1, because how amazing would it be to see that on a massive screen in front of you, or to hear it rather. Secondly my ending would have been the car unable to start, and them walking through the mist, with the theme of promise that plays near the start of Silent Hill 2, it just fits so well. And right at the end of the song, jump straight in there with You're not here, which was done so well at the credits, I was desperate for the toilet but i still stayed right to the end.
So there you have it, my mixed review of the movie, and my persoanl vision of how it should have been done. Point blank I loved it, but there were scenes i had difficulty watching and still do sometimes.
Anyway it's been great talking to you, what would you have changed in the movie? added a monster, Character, song, I'd like to know,

Till then
In my restless dreams, I see that town, Silent Hill!
The first started the legend, The second enhanced it's splendour,
The third followed the first, adding to its greatness,
The fourth took a side-trip. The film was off-centre, but all share the name,
Of the town that has taken me, and it won't let me go!