A theory on the "terrible mine fire" and aging

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

DaneCrystane wrote:Like someone said before, i dont think dahlia aged as much as she hasnt bathed and is constantly covered in ash, lookin like a hobo
Yeah, I think I am now leaning towards the thought that all of the "age inconsistencies" can really just be attributed to the make up jobs not being very impressive to show the aging of Gucci/cultists/etc.

Also, Dhalia’s face doesn’t actually look that older than Christabella’s. It’s just white and dirty. If they had wanted to emphasize her looking 30+ years older and Christabella looking younger, they probably would have popped on a big plastic nose or something. Her “aging” look could possibly just be there to emphasize the effects of the life of an outcast in a post-apocalyptic environment.
DAms
Just Passing Through

Post by DAms »

Christobella was taken care she got first dibbs on everything. Dahlia had to actually fend for herself. But i think they did look older enough to be at least in their fifties.
DaneCrystane
Just Passing Through

Post by DaneCrystane »

So it is either, no one aged and just looking like a hobo, they aged but bad makeup, some people have no doubts in their mind they look older, or maybe they age VERY well (got pictures of my dad when he was my age and he looks the same today, +30lbs)
Tofu the 5th Survivor
Just Passing Through

Post by Tofu the 5th Survivor »

Ok I uderstand what all of you are talking about, but when Rose and "Sharron" leave Silent Hill at the end of the movie aren't they pnly allowed to leave SH because Sharron is in realty (Alessa or the demon)? and now Allessa's powers reach outside of SH and now Sharron and Rose can travel freely around the world but they are still dead?

I dont uderstand all of it but Im starting to.
Do you not know that we will judge the Angles
Do you not know that we will be judged by the Saints
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

DaneCrystane wrote:So it is either, no one aged and just looking like a hobo, they aged but bad makeup, some people have no doubts in their mind they look older, or maybe they age VERY well (got pictures of my dad when he was my age and he looks the same today, +30lbs)
Yup. Glad this thread cleared everything up! :?
Silent Vamphyri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Vamphyri »

To me it seems like Christabella was the only one that did not seem to age much. Perhaps it is because of her "faith" type power that has kept her intact? Since she's the leader of all the crazy cultists, she would have the most power & be able to stay the same. But would it be her choice to stay younger looking?

Hmm, I think I've stated more questions than actual answers!
DAms
Just Passing Through

Post by DAms »

To me in the flashback Dahila, Christobella, and Gucci all looked to be in about their twenties.
DaneCrystane
Just Passing Through

Post by DaneCrystane »

Silent Vamphyri wrote:To me it seems like Christabella was the only one that did not seem to age much. Perhaps it is because of her "faith" type power that has kept her intact? Since she's the leader of all the crazy cultists, she would have the most power & be able to stay the same. But would it be her choice to stay younger looking?

Hmm, I think I've stated more questions than actual answers!
I say either faith or soap kept her young looking.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

While not directly related to this movie or its story, I think I may have an explanation for why people see the "hell" spreading.

In a story I once read, and in turn saw on TV, ghosts who were seeking revenge for their deaths started causing trouble in this old train tunnel.

Over time, (about 100 years) as they became more and more powerful, the ghosts effect moved further and further. Before long, they could effect outside of the tunnel.

I think, the spreading of the fog, is similar to this.
samddmas
Just Passing Through

Post by samddmas »

Sorry if this has been mentioned but imo it seems like the foggy Silent Hill is being covered in ashes. Ashes from the mine fires, to me that suggests this verison of Silent Hill is quite recent still to the disaster that saw the end of Silent Hill. So perhaps they are stuck in time?

Being punished for their crimes by not being allowed to break out of this isolated area.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

repsac wrote:While not directly related to this movie or its story, I think I may have an explanation for why people see the "hell" spreading.

In a story I once read, and in turn saw on TV, ghosts who were seeking revenge for their deaths started causing trouble in this old train tunnel.

Over time, (about 100 years) as they became more and more powerful, the ghosts effect moved further and further. Before long, they could effect outside of the tunnel.

I think, the spreading of the fog, is similar to this.
That sounds quite like the Subway gohst in SH3!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ant_garland wrote:what about lisa she was about 20 in the flash back and still looks the same shes obviously not a monster and she remained in the otherworld
As a reply to ant_garland Lisa was punished by Alessa for looking in at Alessa at the hospital. It is hinted when Alessa says something about being punished for just being curious.