The Way It Ended. Ideas for the Sequel. Share Yours!

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

HuMaNoId X
Just Passing Through

The Way It Ended. Ideas for the Sequel. Share Yours!

Post by HuMaNoId X »

We all noticed dark Alessa transfered herself to Sharon's body right?. When the movie ended she did that creepy smile so thats my take on it and I know everyone noticed it by now ( saw it twice already! )

I've been thinking and a good way to make a sequel with material of SH 3. Christopher walks inside the house. Still feeling the presence of Rose he suddenly hears something upstairs. When he reaches his room theres a baby in his bed. When he reaches to take a look he gasps, the baby looks exactly like Sharon when she was a baby.

I think its a good way of starting a sequel, then we get the whole Heather story. What do you guys think??. I loved the movie so much I've been wondering how a sequel could work with the story of Silent Hill 3 since our good friend Christophe Gans said if he does a sequel it would be SH 3. Give thoughts of how you think a sequel will work I think it will start a cool topic in the forums!

Last edited by HuMaNoId X on 23 Apr 2006, edited 2 times in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think at the end of the movie he finds Sharon in her bedroom, only Rose remains in the other world (she got stabbed in there and everything). That's why Sharon left her mother at the end.

As for the sequel, I would expect it to be with a grown up Sharon. But really, what's the point with making a SH3 movie? It had no decent story at all, it would make a terrible movie.
HuMaNoId X
Just Passing Through

Post by HuMaNoId X »

I think getting a new character in the sequel would be better. Anyhow must of us have to admit that we game fans will BITCH about any little change they do to video game movies, and I don't think Gans wouldnt want to disrespect us since he stayed true to the material.

Remember that Heather was supposed to give birth to a new god. It would be cool to see what the character may go thru in a movie and I think the story of SH 3 is good enough to not change anything from it. My opinion anyway :idea:
Hell_is_Silent
Cafe5to2 Waitress
Location: Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties.

Post by Hell_is_Silent »

I'm torn. I'd like a new character in the sequel, but this movie set's itself up for a sequel perfectly. And they should NOT skip directly to the story of Silent Hill 3, it is primed for Silent Hill 2.

Chris senses that his wife is still alive and returns to find her in Silent Hill (roughly the plot of SH2 - Could even receive a phone call instead of a letter, and since the messages are scrambled, he could misunderstand her and understand it as "she's in silent hill). There, through the magic of a writer better than myself, he finds Alessa/Sharon there instead of his wife. (Perhaps her mother moves on to the next world, and she returns to her true home).

Then that sets up for the 3rd movie...
[img]http://myspace-237.vo.llnwd.net/00776/73/23/776203237_l.jpg[/img]
Darkest Dream
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Darkest Dream »

Phil_Osirus wrote:I think at the end of the movie he finds Sharon in her bedroom, only Rose remains in the other world (she got stabbed in there and everything). That's why Sharon left her mother at the end.

As for the sequel, I would expect it to be with a grown up Sharon. But really, what's the point with making a SH3 movie? It had no decent story at all, it would make a terrible movie.
i comletely agree with you. So... I am wondering if SH2 movie coming up, as rose's husband decides to look for her in silent hill once again and got sucked into it, entering silent hill's darkside world... encountering rose's husband (i forgot his name) anyway his personal demon like his struggle and hardness of being apart of his wife and daughter... much more sensible or? and that sounded much like sh2-ish story...
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a267/Dombrowski26/headlinebizarro.gif[/img]
HuMaNoId X
Just Passing Through

Post by HuMaNoId X »

Good ideas for a Sient Hill 2. But as much as we like it to be Silent Hill 2 for the next movie ( since its the best story out of all the games ) it won't be that story. Christophe Gans said if he gets to do a sequel it will be based on SH 3 since its the sequel to the first game. He has said it it many interviews. He definetly wants to create a movie based on Silent Hill 2 but I think he will do it as a 3rd movie ( if the series stretches for a trilogy ). Check out some of his interviews.
StinkBomber
Gravedigger

Post by StinkBomber »

Letter from Wife, go to Silent Hill, eventually meet up with Rose again in the grey world, if only for a moment, then somehow leave the whole bizarre episode with a baby in his arms. It'd be a weird mix of Silent Hill 2 and 3, so I'd expect people to throw in Eddie and Angela, or at least a mixture of them.

Course, this is Chris I'm talking about. I think a sequel would be about him simply because during the first movie all of his side-story was buildup TO that frustration he must feel being alone in a family home, with his wife and kid's voice still on the answering machine.
www.stinkbomber.deviantart.com
HuMaNoId X
Just Passing Through

Post by HuMaNoId X »

Hey thats a good one!!!!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

How does this sound? Again I agree with stinkbomber about the sequel. Chris could get a letter from Rose or Sharon telling him to go to silent hill to find them which causes him to look for his family in Silent Hill. When he gets there he finds his family and then they try to leave. However, Alessa who is inside Sharon, doesn't want or allow them to leave. They have the whole climatic sequence and in the end, Rose dies. Chris defeats Alessa/Sharon and receives a new baby and leaves Silent hill.

All of this is even if they make the second like this and if they even make a third movie:
If this is done and Gans is allowed to make a 3rd, he can base the third movie on the third game. Heather goes to shopping mall, bad things happen, heads back home, and finds her father, Chris, dead. She learns that these horrors began in Silent Hill and then goes there to fight the evil for revenge.

What i would like is that while Heather is in Silent Hill she finds a man who has appeared in a random hole in the wall and says that he was locked in his apartment and a hole appeared which lead him there. That could be Henry. Then Heather and Henry can find out about Claudia and Walter Sullivan and finally have the last silent hill battle against them. What do you think about that?
overachiever547
Gravedigger

Post by overachiever547 »

I'm rather disappointed they're deciding to do the sequel (if they make it) based on SH3... SH2's plot was much more interesting and emotionally involving
Hurm...
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

Yeah, I agree. I think they should depart entirely from what the plot of the first movie/game and go with the plot of game 2. NOT use the characters of Rose and her husband, but do James and Mary.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I don't think they should make the second game starting from the end of the first movie with Chris. The ending to the 2nd game is so amazing, and it couldnt be executed correctly with the backstory of the first movie.
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

The ending to the 2nd game is so amazing,
Yeah, and think of the effect it would have on the 'common audience' XD
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I agree with Spaniard's theory. I really want them to put Pyramid Head in the movie if they make another, for he was so awesome in the first one....he would complete any Silent Hill movie
Kiroptus
Just Passing Through

Post by Kiroptus »

If Gans make a sequel he must either present an original storyline or make SH2 but making it 100% faithfull. Merging SH2 with SH1 by making James as Christopher and Maria as Rose, is just awful, its horrible, its disgusting.

It will lose all the magic from SH2, James' story is a tragic love story that is made more effective because in the end we found out that he
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
killed his wife
, if they take that out, it they take out the whole Mary's disease and her suffering and replace it with Rose's first journey to SH then making a Rose clone to punish Christopher (like Maria - Mary), it will suck so much that its just unthinkable.

If he plans to adapt SH2 (which if done right could be a truly great masterpiece) he must get from scratch and getting nothing from the first movie besides the town, its a terrible idea to connect the storylines just for the sake of it and I am impressed that people here would agree to such a ridiculous idea as that. :x

But Honestly I find Gans to be a bit stupid, he used certain elements from SH2 just for the sake of it, it could have been left out for a possible SH2 adaptation, like PH, the concept of "husband looking for wife" and the final boss, he managed to taint a possible future SH2 sequel already, if he does it, it will have a "deja vu" feeling because of the concepts he used in the first movie.
Fatal_Sims
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fatal_Sims »

It should be based on Restless Dreams and NOT Silent Hill 3. I would love to see James and Mary's story go to the silver screen. Theirs deserves it the most.

I would be happy to accept a few changes like what they did in the movie. But I agree what Kiroptus said.
Kiroptus
Just Passing Through

Post by Kiroptus »

SH2 Spoilers
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
A SH2 movie doesnt need changes, it needs fixing. Especially in the dialogues:

"You are not friends with that Pyramid head thing are you?"
"Eddie... Have you gone nuts?"
"Thanks!" to Maria, in the hospital, way light-hearted.
"Mama? Mammaaa!!!!" The burning stairs scene is beatiful, but take out that part where she sees James as her mother, it will look silly in the big screen.

And so on, also they can cover more background from Eddie and Angela, like showing more of the monsters that they faced (I think Eddie had a dog monster, it would make sense).

A SH2 movie doesnt needs huge changes like SH1 when there was Harry to Rose, the cult and Alessa. Major plot points were changed, SH2 already has a perfect plot and its very deared by us, I see no point in changing huge points on it, maybe the only acceptable change is by giving Laura a diferent background because that thing of "I am kid, I met my motherly figure at a hospital while she was in bed and with a terminal disease" I mean, since when does kids have such an easy access to terminal patients in a hospital? Besides that the story is perfect and ready to go.
Fatal_Sims
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fatal_Sims »

Change or fixing they are the same. Any small change or fixing in your book I will accept but I hope they won't ruin the story just because of it.
ivs
Just Passing Through

Post by ivs »

I think they can adopt Chris to play James in the next movie. Perhaps Rose didnt die in SH and somehow, somewhere, it wasnt explained but Chris killed her out of frustration. If you look at the end of the movie when Rose is driving off, there is 1 piece of paper left on the road. Is it a note for Chris? One of Alessa's drawings? Funny how they'd just leave 1 lying there when there was at least 2-3 when she first arrived.
Fatal_Sims
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fatal_Sims »

^ Please not that. They shouldn't make connections just for the sake of it and ruin the plot of Silent Hill 2.