Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 16 Aug 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:

I have been reading some interesting idea's for the sequel, but If they decided to send Chris into Silent Hill looking for Rose in the sequel wouldn't that ruin the whole Feminine law to Silent Hill?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Feb 2006
Notes left: 71
Requiem wrote:
Could be a possibility that it was only Dark Alessa that stayed with Rose and Sharon is still trapped somewhere in Silent Hill, maybe with Dahlia. Could be that Dahlia had a deal with the Demon too 'cause she obviously had some kind of connection with the 'Hell' side. (example the hex like gesture towards that girl, then PH automaticaly transporting beside her, tearing her apart in front of Dahlia but she comes out unhurt)
Her reward would be another daughter or one that at least resembles her Alessa. (could be a trick on the Devils part)
Rose still believes she is with Sharon and tries to 'contacts' Chris to try and pull them out from whatever realm they are in.
But soon finds out that the key to returning his wife back 'here' is to return the 'good' Alessa back to the source. ie. The Return To Silent Hill.

no i think the dark alessa posses sharon remember you hear rose telling sharon to keep her eyes closed it will all end soon and she opens them and you see the dark alea giving her one freaky smile lol and then sharons not the smae kind clingy girl again shes distracted not talking wont hug her mum walks off when they get home so i think sharon is posessed by the dark alessa and shes keeping rose in the silent hill reality for some reaon hopefulyl to find out if they make sorry hopefully whennn they make number 2

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Feb 2006
Notes left: 71
Kiroptus wrote:
If Gans make a sequel he must either present an original storyline or make SH2 but making it 100% faithfull. Merging SH2 with SH1 by making James as Christopher and Maria as Rose, is just awful, its horrible, its disgusting.

It will lose all the magic from SH2, James' story is a tragic love story that is made more effective because in the end we found out that he [spoiler]killed his wife[/spoiler], if they take that out, it they take out the whole Mary's disease and her suffering and replace it with Rose's first journey to SH then making a Rose clone to punish Christopher (like Maria - Mary), it will suck so much that its just unthinkable.

If he plans to adapt SH2 (which if done right could be a truly great masterpiece) he must get from scratch and getting nothing from the first movie besides the town, its a terrible idea to connect the storylines just for the sake of it and I am impressed that people here would agree to such a ridiculous idea as that. :x

But Honestly I find Gans to be a bit stupid, he used certain elements from SH2 just for the sake of it, it could have been left out for a possible SH2 adaptation, like PH, the concept of "husband looking for wife" and the final boss, he managed to taint a possible future SH2 sequel already, if he does it, it will have a "deja vu" feeling because of the concepts he used in the first movie.

and the mother of god wasent born in the sielnt hill movie was it, but they came up withg a diffrent ending. they take ideas from games not make games into movies exactly the way the games are. i no what you saying but they could use it succesfully if they want, same a silent hill 3 they could take ideas from that to and make a sucessful movie from it

Please don't double post, use your edit button

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 18
Perhaps it was just me, but I really didn't care for Silent Hill 2. In all honesty i found it rather boring (never cared for the Anti-hero kinda guy). That being said, the way they ended the movie, it is set up to play out as SH2, but on a different level. Had a child been delivered on Christopher's door step, then we could assume that SH3 was the background for the movie, but thats not how it happened. Now with Chris racked with guilt over leaving his wife at the mercy of Silent Hill he recieves a letter from Rose telling him that she is in fact a live, and she has Sharon. However we already know that Sharon is actually dark Alessa. I see the possiblility that Chris plays out the movie with the same drive to find both his child and his wife. Roz (Rosa, Reise, whatever name you give her) is Rose's double, punishing him for giving up on her and Sharon and returning home. Along the way we meet Eddie and Angela who are going through similar trials. From here it could go several ways; Dahlia tries to get Alessa back from where ever she is and ends up Resurecting the Demon. Or Roz merges with Dark Alessa creating a completely different monster, fighting Chris for abandoning their family, and when Chris defeats it a baby is left behind. In any case, with how the first movie was written there are going to have to be huge adaptions to either story, wether SH2 or 3, so either way it is going to be different, and personally i don't mind that. the purpose of the movie was to be entertaining, and something fun and enjoyable. Now, it was different than the game, but personally the elements that were in the move from the game gave me a thrill and adding new and unseen things made it fun as well so that you didn't always know what was going to happen next. I would rather enjoy an adaptation of SH2 because i would like to see Gans spice it up a bit.

Post subject:

is it just me, but I really can't imagine eddy's character being in the sequel to the movie.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 May 2006
Notes left: 142
Here are a few ideas:
1) Chris goes back to SH with a shotgun, finds PH, but they decide to team up, buy a van, and search the country solving mysteries
2) Rose and Sharon are in bed like nothing happend (did chris ever check the bedroom)
3) In the first 5 minutes, a baby is given to chris (on the door step, finds it in the bed, at the grocery store behind the milk, idk) and says "17 years later" SH3 starts
4) They finnaly find the bodies in the church, maybe an unconcious, amnesia 9 year old or an infant. "17 years again" then there is a run in with members of the cult who wernt in SH when it went foggy. (about the church thing, the movie takes place in what? 2 days tops? i dont remeber saying they sent in search parties for the city, only that they wernt in the car, and especially in a toxic city it would take them a lil while to search every building, so maybe they walked off in realworld (like sharons nightmare) and the cops just havent found them yet, Gucci and chris seem to be the only ones who got out of there cars, let alone actually went into the CITY of silent hill)

I dont know which i like more, PH solving crimes and eating Pyramid snacks or poor search teams

Post subject:

Silent Hill 2: Pyramid Head Kills Everyone. Including Trevelyan.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Apr 2006
Notes left: 330
Last seen at: Monkey Island
I'd bet money on idea 2 with DaneCrystane's ideas.

But I think we all like the van and mystery solving idea.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

we can only hope, we can only hope
(new theory, an alternative to number one, Chris and PH find a time portal that takesthem to 1942, they hop into a tank and go beat up nazis, or maybe they will rent out an apparment together in new york as they try to make ends meat and find true love for PH, OR they go back to highschool, dealing with puberty, jocks, the prom, and trying to talk to girls.) aww the akwardness of it all

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 671
^Best. Idea. Ever.

I, personally, hope they go in chronological order and do SH2 next with new characters. If they don't, then I'd like to see Gans try to adapt the SH4: TR storyline. Challenge the man.

Y'know what I don't hate?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Dec 2005
Notes left: 85
I hope this wasnt mentioned before..

How about this: Sharon and her daughter are home- and they are gone too.
Three years after, her husband is in deep despair. He is close to suicide and all he wants is his wife and child back.
Then he finds a letter, wich says that Sharon waits for him in Silent Hill....

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Problem though is that that doesnt fit the SH2 spoiler, looses coolness and shock, plus gans said he wants to do SH3 next. though i guess he could go back to SH2 after

Post subject:

Donnergott wrote:
I hope this wasnt mentioned before..

How about this: Sharon and her daughter are home- and they are gone too.
Three years after, her husband is in deep despair. He is close to suicide and all he wants is his wife and child back.
Then he finds a letter, wich says that Sharon waits for him in Silent Hill....

Many times stated, but instead with Rose being the mother and Sharon being the daughter :wink: . I think it is the best idea, although it would (as DaneCrystane said) be a deviation from the original SH2 plotline. This of course doesn't matter though, because Gans has already deviated from the game world with his adaption of SH1.

I do believe Gans did say he wanted to do SH3 next, but he also stated that he wanted to do SH2 in the first place, but felt he needed to establish the Silent Hill envirnment. Either way, I think his alteration of Harry Mason's character to Rose was partially for the purpose of setting up for a SH2 like story with Chris.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Apr 2006
Notes left: 63
Last seen at: ISLE OF WIGHT UK
i reckon they should do sh3 with shannon as heather and that whole thing. As for being a fan and bitching about the changes that directors make, i think thats a little piontless. if it was exactly the same as the game then you would know what was going to happen and i t would ruin it. i like what has been done with silent hill 1 and would love love love to see a sequel

disturbed angel

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

the best part of SH2 for me was when you find out that [spoiler]james killed mary[/spoiler] but it wont fit with the movies because [spoiler]well, chris didnt kill them. but if gans (which i dobut) would go crazy he could say that SH1 didnt happen and chris just killed them some how. it kinda fits... a man and his wife but that could be anyone really[/spoiler] Plus if gideon is right that he wanted SH2 first then he isnt going to alter it anymore and base it off of this one. Probably make it seperate like the games, maybe a couple cameos and the town will link it

Post subject:

I say it should be its own story. Thats basically what the movie was. Only a few parts of it tie directly to the game. It was still good though.

Post subject: The way it ended and ideas for the sequel

I remember the first time I saw Silent Hill. When it ended, I was like... 'is that it?' When I saw it a second time, I caught some things I missed the first time, but still the ending was like...'what?' And then I saw it a THIRD time and....yeah, I started thinking...'Hmmmm...'.

Being in love with the Silent Hill games, I desperately wanted to piece this entire thing together. SO, here it is:

When Rose and Cybil both wrecked their vehicles around the beginning of the movie, they couldn't have died. To say that Silent Hill was all just in their heads would have destroyed the point of the movie. I mean, why even make the movie in the first place if 95% of it is just an illusion? So, let's just rule that concept out all together.

Ok. Damn, this is gonna be hard for me to put down in words, but I'll try. Ok. Rose is dead. No questions. SHE IS DEAD. And you know what? I think she knew it. Before the final battle at the end, Rose was stabbed by Cristabella (however, I can't remember if it was through the heart or not). When she was crawling away and started to bleed the dark Alessa out through her wound, did anyone hear what she said when she looked up? She said 'for Sharon.' Right there, she gave up her life so her daughter could still have one. As the battle was ending, The dark Alessa merged with Sharon (the good Alessa), therefore creating the original Alessa. And you knew, too. As Rose and Sharon were leaving the church, did you notice the way Dahlia looked at Sharon ('OH my God! My daughter....')? Ok. Now, for some reason I just feel that THIS is what's going on. Rose is driving back home with Sharon. She calls Chris saying 'I'm coming home' and everything. But the way she said it...I don't know. Almost like her words were empty. Like she was mesmerized and her mind was in a different state. Chris picks up the phone, but all he gets is a bit of static and mumbled words. Later we see him asleep on the couch waiting for Rose and Sharon to return. When they arrive, Rose goes directly over to the opposite couch and stares at the couch where Chris should be laying, but he's not there. The way she sat there staring at nothing...just waiting for something she couldn’t have anymore...her own life back. She knew she was dead. She left Silent Hill because she wanted to believe that everything would be ok and return to normal if she just left that town. But it just couldn’t be. It’s bittersweet in a way. Rose gave up her life for Sharon and now she can never return home. Forever trapped in the fog of Silent Hill. Sharon (who is now the original Alessa) knows what’s going on. That’s a little obvious. You know, the way she looked up and smiled. And I have to add, the song they chose right before the credits rolled....BRILLIANT. I believe it was the ‘Lost Carol.’ It was taken from Silent Hill 3. The ending song ‘You’re Not Here’ was also taken from SH3.

Sequel? Yes, PLEASE. Same director, too. Gans did a fantastic job. Now, I know a lot of people want the sequel to be Silent Hill 2 and then 3, but I don’t see that happening. I know it was that way in the game series, but I strongly believe it shouldn’t be that way with the movies. Silent Hill 3 was a continuation of 1, so 3 should be the sequel. Silent Hill 2 is a stand alone anyway. It can always be done afterwards. For a sequel, I think the whole idea of Chris going to Sharon’s room and finding a baby might be pushing it a little. Even though that would have been a great concept (you know, being faithful to the game and all), it wouldn’t really fit in with the movie. I think Sharon will grow up and forget who she really is, changed her name, detective finds her, wants to tell her about her birth, and so we go from there...or somewhere along the lines from there.
Well, if anything, Sean Bean better return as Chris and Jodelle Ferland as Sharon/Alessa or I’m REALLY gonna be pissed. :evil: And if Rose and Dahlia do make an appearance, it had better be Radha Mitchell and Deborah Kara Unger.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Nov 2005
Notes left: 166
Last seen at: Brookhaven Hospital
Phil_Osirus wrote:
I think at the end of the movie he finds Sharon in her bedroom, only Rose remains in the other world (she got stabbed in there and everything). That's why Sharon left her mother at the end.

As for the sequel, I would expect it to be with a grown up Sharon. But really, what's the point with making a SH3 movie? It had no decent story at all, it would make a terrible movie.

i completely agree with you... and it leave a space for a sequel to sh2... since that rose is stuck in silent hill world and christopher isn't so, much sensible that chris decides to explore silent hill and sucked into it as if trying to find her wife in there, much similiar to sh2 isn't it?

Post subject:

I cant help but wonder if they are going to make the next SH movie like they did the games. Maybe it will have the story of SH2 put into it. Or maybe it will tie in with the last one. Knowing Hollywood they probably will make some sort of connection with the first one.

Post subject:

1. I want a simular story like sh2

2. No lame actors like that girl(she was a terrible actor)

3. Maybe put in Valitel or perhaps make a new creature with myst?

4. Don`t put to many creatures in the movie, number 1 was to many of em

5. Chilling athmospere to raise the scare factor

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next