Anyone notice which character Rose was representing??

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I think it's pretty obvious that Rose's clothes changes are symbolic. It would be physically impossible for her clothes to change color as quickly as they did during Alessa's truth-telling and not admit to some kind of supernatural reasoning to it. It's also pretty clear that red outfit=in the core of Alessa's hate.
Nicole
Just Passing Through

Post by Nicole »

I think that it's just showing how she naturally just got dirtier throughout the events of the movie.
...in bed.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Nicole wrote:I think that it's just showing how she naturally just got dirtier throughout the events of the movie.
Really? So she just happened to walk into a giant pool of blood in 5 seconds, but we never see it?
Justicar333
Just Passing Through

Post by Justicar333 »

I noticed the changes during the movie. Personal take was a mirror of the SH life meter. 8) I remember my first time through the games, the average color shifted more to red, due to taking more dmg/having less health items left. Maybe more to it, but just figured it was a nice nod to game fans.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

^ I doubt that's the right interpretation, but that's the most interesting one I've ever read.
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

I'm sure it's just a cool little nod to Silent Hill 2, but Rose is not Mary nor is she Maria. :?
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

ummmmm.... Im pretty sure shes representing Harry :P come on guys, thats what the movies based off of. I think they just added P-Head to make us happy knowing we love the ol heartbreaker. I MEAN REALLY! HE KEPT KILLING MY BITCH!
Tobor
Just Passing Through

Post by Tobor »

WOWZA! were on to something here. haha
There was a hole here, now its gone.
MillsLayne
Just Passing Through

Post by MillsLayne »

Yeah, she represented Harry Mason more than anyone. Her daughter goes missing in Silent Hill, and she's trying to find her. Plus, she teams up with Cybil (just like Harry).
I am Jack's colon.
[img]http://www.bumperart.com/ProductImages/2004081616_Display-25.gif[/img][img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolchaser.com/thumb-726335.jpg[/img]
Misplaced_Soul
Just Passing Through

Post by Misplaced_Soul »

yes, in the first movie she is representing harry, but in the up coming sequel she will be representing Mary/Maria, since Chris (Sean Bean) will be going back to silent hill without Thomas Ducci to find his wife representing James... see the twist?
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Yordi/MisplacedSoulSig.gif[/img][/url]

Where am I going?
How did i get here?
What is this place?
Aamon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Aamon »

I like all these ideas people are coming up with, though it makes it hard to choose one that seems right... I'm guessing her clothes changing doesn't MEAN anything, but it is one of those things for the gamers to identify with... "Omg she's dressed like Mary/Maria! That is soooooo cool!" Or something like that.
TheRedOne

Post by TheRedOne »

Misplaced_Soul wrote:yes, in the first movie she is representing harry, but in the up coming sequel she will be representing Mary/Maria, since Chris (Sean Bean) will be going back to silent hill without Thomas Ducci to find his wife representing James... see the twist?
You've got to be kidding...
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Misplaced_Soul wrote:yes, in the first movie she is representing harry, but in the up coming sequel she will be representing Mary/Maria, since Chris (Sean Bean) will be going back to silent hill without Thomas Ducci to find his wife representing James... see the twist?
There is no official plot. That's just some fan synopsis.
TrueHorror
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TrueHorror »

Fullofhate87 wrote:Rose's clothes "changed color" because she constantly got blood on her from the environment. Laying on floors/walls... Pyramid Head throwing bloodyness at her... blood from wounds.. There's nothing... spiritual or emotional about her clothes changing color..
I kept reading this thread hoping to be able to stop once SOMEONE threw some common sense into it. Thank you.
TrueHorror
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TrueHorror »

JRamirez35 wrote:
Nicole wrote:I think that it's just showing how she naturally just got dirtier throughout the events of the movie.
Really? So she just happened to walk into a giant pool of blood in 5 seconds, but we never see it?
Bruce Willis clothes changes colors faster than hers in Die Hard. So there. Was the change in clothes spiritual and supernatural in that movie too? You sweat, you get dirt, you get blood...its also just a subtle cool little detail they did. nothing more, nothing less...this is what production designers do.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

TrueHorror wrote:
JRamirez35 wrote:
Bruce Willis clothes changes colors faster than hers in Die Hard. So there. Was the change in clothes spiritual and supernatural in that movie too? You sweat, you get dirt, you get blood...its also just a subtle cool little detail they did. nothing more, nothing less...this is what production designers do.
Please watch the Making Of before you post about this topic again. Rose goes through over 100 different colors because THE CHANGE IS SYMBOLIC. Cybil's clothes also change color. Wha tyou just posted as a reply has absolutely nothing to do with what I said, and I'm curious why you wasted time posting it. It still remains that it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for Rose's clothes to suddenly turn from grey with blood spots to completely red if it's anything other than symbolic.