Anyone notice which character Rose was representing??

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

InsideTheMirror
Just Passing Through

Post by InsideTheMirror »

Fullofhate87 wrote:Rose's clothes "changed color" because she constantly got blood on her from the environment. Laying on floors/walls... Pyramid Head throwing bloodyness at her... blood from wounds.. There's nothing... spiritual or emotional about her clothes changing color..
Im with him. There are alot of things in Silent Hill that have meaning but the cloths changing is nothing more than the effect of being showered with the kindness that Silent Hill has so much to offer.
Your the man now dog!
www.ytmnd.com
mikey mike
Just Passing Through

Post by mikey mike »

her hair reminds me of Heather more than anything but I did notice that too. and apparantly no one noticed that Sean Bean sorta looks like James if you squint really hard. plus he's searching for his wife in SH just James is. probably reading too much into it

stuff like that is the reason why Gans is such a god send
Evil wakes in vengeance, be careful what you choose
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

mikey mike wrote:her hair reminds me of Heather more than anything but I did notice that too. and apparantly no one noticed that Sean Bean sorta looks like James if you squint really hard. plus he's searching for his wife in SH just James is. probably reading too much into it

stuff like that is the reason why Gans is such a god send
I agree, I noticed that too. He reminded me more of Harry though. But bc he's searching for his wife AND his daughter you can pretty much say he's like either of them.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
patient_mannequin
Just Passing Through

Post by patient_mannequin »

It's kinda dumb but my sister pointed out that Rose fell through like a fence window with a whole in it, and James from SH2 fell onto the gate/fence
Never forget to reload the clip...

"Everything in Silent Hill is not what it seems to be.."
Sylvine
Just Passing Through

Post by Sylvine »

jthomp1286 wrote:
Fullofhate87 wrote:Rose's clothes "changed color" because she constantly got blood on her from the environment. Laying on floors/walls... Pyramid Head throwing bloodyness at her... blood from wounds.. There's nothing... spiritual or emotional about her clothes changing color..
Thank you, there it is right there.

Quit trying to read more into something simple! Her dress kept getting blood on it, blood leaves stains, and I don't know if you noticed, but Rose didn't have time to wash her dress.
But reading something into something simple is so much more fun... and 100+ costumes for one character do, in fact, imply a greater meaning...

The thing is, the red of Rose's clothing is too bright, imo, to be caused by blood only. Blood is actually of a rather dark colour, and dried up blood becomes a rusty brown. While Rose's clothes get something like Image near the end. Rose also doesn't suffer that much damage; the dirtf from tripping/lying around is not that significant, since she only did that at school. I'd say she got most of it on herself during the nurse slashup action... but THAT much? I don't know.

Anyway... I'm just gripping every little detail I can get that supports my OWMN-Theory, so... don't take it too seriously ^_~

~Sylv
"Broken Prophets Speak In Riddles... As Do Fools And Dreamers And [i]Gods[/i]."
- Arphalia

-------
[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5712]Silent Hill Satire #1: PH vs PH![/url]
[url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=185208#185208]Silent Hill Satire #2: Fanatics![/url]
zaftgirl
Just Passing Through

Post by zaftgirl »

hmm and towards the end, she also loses her cardigan x.x'''''

I don't know how it is possible to get her clothes TOTALLY BRIGHT (pretty) RED! She doesn't get beaten up as what Sylvine mentioned. Maybe the nurses were still busy murdering each other after Rose was done dealing with Alessa in the final room and she had to cross back the previous room where the nurses are in order to return back to the church.

I don't even know HOW she gets the elevator to work. I think it only goes down, not up, yes?

Or maybe Lisa in the final room was crying blood. -_- maybe she was using Rose's shirt for a handkie or something.

OR when Alessa went into Rose's body in the final room, she made Rose bleed or something before automatically healing her wound?

She did hug Rose and Rose showed signs of being in pain there. I guess Alessa ripped open her skin to go into her body and then automatically heal her wound.

That is the only theory I can find for why Rose's clothes became bright red in what we assume as blood.
28/m/nazareth
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by 28/m/nazareth »

Radha wasn't chosen as the actor for Rose because she resembles Heather or Mary, she was chosen because Gans saw a certain vulnerability in Radha that he wanted to translate to film. He needed an actress that can be vulnerable and strong at will.

About the hundred plus wardrobe, Radha had to do tons of stunts. Sometimes outfits can get ruined this way and they need to change.
Risk Racism: Putting all the yellow pieces on Asia
jester
Just Passing Through

Post by jester »

Radha looks kinda like Heather, but in the movie, doesn't act like her at all, until the end when she gets guts. Her determination to get her little girl back is like Harry, but Harry wasn't as freaked out or frightened like Rose is.

As for her clothes, I think they get dirty and worn, ugly looking. It might represent her journey from fearful to strong. From pure to unpure-realizing how wicked people can be.
zaftgirl wrote:Or maybe Lisa in the final room was crying blood. -_- maybe she was using Rose's shirt for a handkie or something.
haha, I like that.
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/a7xjester/punishmentbannercopy.jpg[/img]
shayne123
Just Passing Through

Post by shayne123 »

I think she represents Harry, hence her goal;to find her missing daughter, into the depths of Silent Hill.But her features resembles Heather alot...blond,lookin'-dirty,short and messed hair,and brown leather boots..! :)
Confrontation can draw to Conclusion...in a way or another.
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

not really man i dont think it was on purpose true rags are similar but these arent same clothes
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

you have to be dumb to believe that her dress is all blood at the end. if her entire dress was red like that from blood spills and dirt,it would be on her skin alot heavier than it is.and her dress changes colors after alessa tells her the truth,becouse it was grey when she went through the door from the nurses and was red when the lights dimmed down and she took her hands off her face.no blood was around her at that moment.so it was red before alessa went inside of her and before she went into the church.it cant be blood unless its another oversight on the creators part.even if it was blood,it wouldnt cover every bit of her dress unless she went swimming in a pool of blood.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

You're applying conventional real world physics to Silent Hill. *thwacks you with a news paper.* No. Bad.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

yea,i guess thats true.cant be doing that. :lol:
toadstool
Gravedigger

Post by toadstool »

no body we know, shes defintely not heather or cybil, not dahlia either. just some new character.
they should make the movies like the actual games.. how cool would that be?!
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

about as cool as are hopes were making it before it came out.
Berra87
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Anyone notice which character Rose was representing??

Post by Berra87 »

sexybeam wrote:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I noticed that at the start of the movie Rose was dressed as Mary from SH2, then as the film progressed and the blood poured, her dress turned red, her hairstyle changed and her mascara multiplied - just like Maria.

Crazy...
I didn't notice that ... good theory! :D It fits quite well now when you mention it. But did you know that the main character was not meant to be a woman at first? It was supposed to be a guy, much like Harry in SH1. But that was changed because they felt the character felt more "feminine" in the script. Personally, I prefer a female main character for a horror above a male one. :mrgreen:
/ Birger, Dark Fantasy Author and former Silent Hill Fan Movie-Director (Was known as "Berra" back in the day)

Check out Birger DarkFantasy Tales on YouTube
for Dark Fantasy Book related videos and Stories.

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

they should make the movies like the actual games.. how cool would that be?!
Not at all. I'm not paying money to see a movie that I've already seen in game form.
But did you know that the main character was not meant to be a woman at first? It was supposed to be a guy, much like Harry in SH1. But that was changed because they felt the character felt more "feminine" in the script. Personally, I prefer a female main character for a horror above a male one.
Wrong. The original plan was to have nothing but females, but someone decided that they needed some males, so we got the plot with Rose's husband.

The main character was ALWAYS planned to be female due to the heavy Mother/Daughter themes.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Berra87
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Berra87 »

AuraTwilight wrote: Wrong. The original plan was to have nothing but females, but someone decided that they needed some males, so we got the plot with Rose's husband.
That is true. But Gans himself has stated in an interview that the very first plans was to include a male main character (since the game features one) but that was very quickly dismissed probably partly because of the mother/daughter relationship that you stated, and that the character seemed more like a woman.

If I'm not totally out in the blue, I even think this is stated in the interviews on one of the movie disks.
/ Birger, Dark Fantasy Author and former Silent Hill Fan Movie-Director (Was known as "Berra" back in the day)

Check out Birger DarkFantasy Tales on YouTube
for Dark Fantasy Book related videos and Stories.

Pyramidhead777
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramidhead777 »

If that were true wuldn't rose be sick.
Nightmareish Waltzer
Just Passing Through

Post by Nightmareish Waltzer »

I'm gonna have to go with the implied themes mentioned in the Featurette for the film (the one I saw on STARZ anyhow), that Rose's clothing changes the further her journey takes her into Silent Hill's otherworld, much like her character progresses from completely frightened, nearly hopeless given the bleakness of her situation, to strong and determined to reclaim her daughter from the jaws of Hell itself. I just embelished that, by the way.
There's a hole in the wall. Naturally, the smart and sane thing to do would be to stick your hand inside it or crawl through it.