The Cult Members/Fog/Cybil/Rose

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Bettie Bloodshed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

The Cult Members/Fog/Cybil/Rose

Post by Bettie Bloodshed »

Okay, I am SURE this is somewhere in the forums, but I havent seen it, and honestly, the sheer amount of stuff that has been posted in the past few days has been staggering. Sorry to be adding to it.

Here is my thoughts:

Cybil: Dead
Rose: Dead
Cultists: Dead.
Sharon: ?.

I have been thinking about this for a while. Rose speaks at the end on how all the cultists are damned, etc trapped after the fire they started with alessa burned them or something like that.

And we see that Christopher (sean bean) travels all around the town and never sees the cultists either. Everyone in the 'fog' is dead. And it is there they live unaware of their physical death. This allows them to live on the alternate plane. Cybil died when her bike careened into the guardrail: we see it broken at the end, and I assume she went over the side. Rose died when they got in the car wreck. I honestly haven't formed an opinion about Sharon's state.
I assume dead/just a simple part of Alessa. The cultists died in the fire, but for killing an innocent are stuck as well.

This allowed Alessa to bide her time and torture those who had harmed her, and eventually exact her full revenge.
[i]We live like vampires...we love like killers...we all die like infants, and we trust like mirrors.[/i]
[img]http://i1.tinypic.com/1zqslko.jpg[/img]
[i]It's the pain and the sex disguised as innocence....slow suicide. Like it or not, its what we do.[/i]

Thanks Dish01 for my sig and avi.
Hjartu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Hjartu »

I suppose it's possible, but I personally dislike the 'everyone is dead' theories.
It's a typical twist, in my opinion. It's been done too many times.
Hell_is_Silent
Cafe5to2 Waitress
Location: Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties.

Post by Hell_is_Silent »

If Rose died in the car wreck, why didn't anyone find her body? It would have been in the car.
[img]http://myspace-237.vo.llnwd.net/00776/73/23/776203237_l.jpg[/img]
Bettie Bloodshed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Hell_is_Silent wrote:If Rose died in the car wreck, why didn't anyone find her body? It would have been in the car.

I dont think so. I think it would have gone to that 'other' plane. The foggy silent hill. That is the silent hill that people who are called to it end up in. At least in the games (and yes, the people in the games aren't dead, I know)

I say this is how it could be, because Cybil had to save that child (as said in the exposition) but she seemed to react to Silent Hill like it was something new (the foggy silent hill). Again, being dragged into the town, the 'foggy' town after death.
[i]We live like vampires...we love like killers...we all die like infants, and we trust like mirrors.[/i]
[i]It's the pain and the sex disguised as innocence....slow suicide. Like it or not, its what we do.[/i]

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

They didnt die in the crash.
Bettie Bloodshed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Gritty wrote:They didnt die in the crash.

Give me hard proof of that. Some explination to your statement.

I am just putting out a theory.

Hjartu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Hjartu »

Gritty wrote:They didnt die in the crash.
Agreed.
It didn't seem like Rose had a serious head injury when she woke.
You could argue that her body in the foggy world doesn't reflect her dead body, but that's pushing it.

Not to be rude, but I don't believe you have any hard evidence for your theory either.
Stained Purgatorial Alter

Post by Stained Purgatorial Alter »

I seriously doubt she died from hitting her head like that. Harry got in the crash and whacked his head and he didn't die. I personally think that Rose and Sharon are stuck in the Foggy World. Like Dahlia.
Bettie Bloodshed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Heathers_Guy14 wrote:I seriously doubt she died from hitting her head like that. Harry got in the crash and whacked his head and he didn't die. I personally think that Rose and Sharon are stuck in the Foggy World. Like Dahlia.

Well aren't we supposed to think Harry died in the bad + ending?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I once hit my head REALLY hard against the dash board when I was a kid and I'm fine. :shock:
Bettie Bloodshed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Gritty wrote:I once hit my head REALLY hard against the dash board when I was a kid and I'm fine. :shock:

;) I would beg to differ ;)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Bettie Bloodshed wrote:
Heathers_Guy14 wrote:I seriously doubt she died from hitting her head like that. Harry got in the crash and whacked his head and he didn't die. I personally think that Rose and Sharon are stuck in the Foggy World. Like Dahlia.

But this the movie(different take) with a different character. The bump on the head wasnt enough to cause death, they prolly did that to confuse some viewers. Its cool tho, believe what u want, I know I am.

Gritty wrote:
Bettie Bloodshed wrote:

But this the movie(different take) with a different character. The bump on the head wasnt enough to cause death, they prolly did that to confuse some viewers. Its cool tho, believe what u want, I know I am.
That's true but in the first game we are led to believe that the true ending is the Good ending, where Harry survives and you are given another baby (Heather.) Cybil dies.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I don't think the cultists were kept in foggy Silent Hill to be tortured... I think foggy Silent Hill is their ESCAPE from torture, whereas alternate Silent Hill is Alessa's world... Where her horrors become a reality... Why was the Janitor a monster? Because she was terrified of him... Notice how he was wiggling his tounge? He raped her... And that sexual fiend image of the Janitor was the way she viewed him... How about the gray children? She was always picked on as a kid... Everyone in her school despised her, and called her a witch (Close enough... As she carries the seed of Sammael)... What does this mean? Alternate Silent Hill is the incarnation of Alessa's nightmares.

If Alessa COULD torture and kill everyone... She would... Why didn't she? Sammael's full power was not with her... Where is the other half of his power? In Sharon. Alessa played Dahlia and Rose like puppets, to get to Sharon... Which is why, only when she got to Sharon, the anti-cultist's faced her wrath...

As for the cult... I don't believe we see any cult members, other than Dahlia in the movie... Cristabella, is not a part of a cult... She's a part of the anti-cult, a witch hunting religion, that was probably a counter to Dahlia's cult... Dahlia DEFINITELY has power in Silent Hill. She summoned Pyramid Head for gods sake!

So...

Cult:
Dahlia
Unknown father (Probably Kauffman, even though he doesn't appear in the movie)
Unknown others

Witch Hunter anti-cult:

Cristabella
Anna
Church-folk

Dahlia seems very vulnarable in the movie, but is she really? Like I stated before-- She summons pyramid head. She's also not a part of Cristabella's crew... Therefore, we have to assume, she did WILLINGLY attempt to summon Sammael into her child. Who helped? The father of the baby, even though we don't know who that is... How in the hell would she ever summon a demon? A fallen angel? The help of a cult... And obviously, not Cristabella's cult :)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Unlike SH1 where Harry escapes the foggy world, Rose and Sharon are trapped in the foggy world.

Ive also heard a plausible theory that the mist will soon leave them and they will return to the normal world. But then again, Im not sure
Fersevis
Just Passing Through

Post by Fersevis »

Just a small comment. People keep bringing up the lack of a body found by the police concerning Cybil/Rose's death. When Christopher and Gucci first arrive in the city, and Gucci gives Christopher the rundown, at one point he's talking about the fire and says "...some of the bodies weren't even found." I'm not saying I agree that they were all dead, but I projected that this meant many of the cult members bodies were not found either.
StinkBomber
Gravedigger

Post by StinkBomber »

I believe Rose died as soon as she made a deal with the "other" Alessa. More specifically, after being stabbed by Christabella. Sort of a "give up everything even my soul" for her daughter sort of deal.

Sharon... she's blank. The wild factor for a sequel.

We also know Dahlia isn't dead, am I right? She existed in the Grey World just fine.
www.stinkbomber.deviantart.com

The reason I think the bodies of the members of the town were never found is because they got turned into monsters. Like the Child Demons are the children that made fun of Alessa in school, the Janitor is the janitor in her school that molested her, the Acid Spitters are a representation of Alessa being trapped in her own burned skin and the acid is the hate she had.
Rose and Cybil's bodies were never found because they went into the Foggy world.
StinkBomber
Gravedigger

Post by StinkBomber »

I just remembered this; notice that the bump on Rose's head seems to get more pronounced during the whole scene with Alessa. I mean, REALLY obnoxious, like walking dead.
www.stinkbomber.deviantart.com
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Why does everyone think they're dead? Life after Death was never a theme in the games... Gans promised to stay true to the series... I mean, Harry got away with Heather, right?

I know someone will say "Life after death IS a theme! How baout Mary/Maria?!"... That's not an example of life after death-- It's an example of James torturing himself, looking to be punished for his sins, and looking for a second chance... Kind of an oxymoron, but he's definitely not in his right mind.

I believe the foggy world is Dahlia's realm... And she doesn't exactly want Alessa/Sharon and Rose to leave just yet...