2 Cults?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

2 Cults?

Post by Anonymous »

Christabella's has her own little religion... Don't know if we should go as far as calling them a cult, because their beliefs mirror that of Christianity...

However, Dahlia is a different story... She's not a part of Christabella's cult-- yet she's no wandering fool either. She had the power to summon Pyramid Head. But where does this power come from? Was she aware her daughter carried the seed of Sammael within her? I believe so.

In the little flashback, we see Alessa being taken away from Dahlia... If she was attempting to raise Sammael, why in the hell would she put this "demon spawn" into the hands of Christian fanatics?

In the game, Dahlia burns Alessa herself, in an attempt to call Sammael's power out... In the movie, the Christian Fanatics burned Alessa- and it had the same effect on her... It awakened the power of Sammael... Obviously, Christabella's little crew were not aware of what would happen... But was Dahlia? I believe so.

I don't think Dahlia's purpose has changed at all... The only change in Dahlia, is that she seems more innocent... But is she really? She weeps for her daughter, and then she mutters some sacreligious nonesense.. Is Dahlia's cult, still present?
Grimwar
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Grimwar »

If Samael actually existed.

Anyway. Dahlia of the movie was an outcast of this cult. She was part of thier order, but when they meant to burn Alessa and she finally realized what happened she split from them.

Pyramid head is not under her control. He is part of the powers of Silent Hill itself. A tool of punishment and torture. Dahlia wasn't even around in the school when PH first appeared.
[nothing right now]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well, she wasn't around when PH first appeared... Yet she sent him after Anna... It was made obvious that Dahlia summoned him to kill Anna... I'm not trying to say that she has total control over Pyramind Head, but she should recieve some credit in his appearence infront of the church... And the fact that she does have SOME Powers in Silent Hill, makes my theory quite plausible.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Surviving Silent Hill is horrible and tough enough. Dahlia should have some influence in Silent Hill to make it past many of the monsters.
Grimwar
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Grimwar »

She did have some influence in Silent Hill. She was Alessa's mother, and not so much the focus of Alessa's anger.
[nothing right now]
Biomechanical
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Biomechanical »

SH3 Spoiler:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
There are actually 3 cults in Silent Hill, for the 3 gods.

One cult mainly worships Xuchilbara/Valtiel/(the Red God)
One cult mainly worships Lobsel Vith/(the Yellow God)
One cult mainly worships the Holy Mother/(the Main God)
[b][color=red]User is no longer active[/color][/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/biomechanical923/pulp.jpg[/img]
douche
Abdiel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Abdiel »

For what it's worth I agree with you Proudclod.......or at least I really want to.

The bit in the finale where Dahlia walks amongst the severed body parts of the cultists is much like a devious general surveying the aftermath of a battle. I think she planned it all in order to assure the final eradication of the cult. I think she can now take her rightful place as leader of the Order, now that the sacred places of the Puritan witch-hunters have been fully desecrated by Alessa's power.

I think (or rather I hope) that Dahlia allowed the Witch Hunters to burn Alessa for her, and likewise that Dahlia helped to lure Rose to Silent Hill in order to use her to infiltrate the witch hunters.

Her final "Why did she not kill me?" line was just a load of bullshit to throw Rose of the scent.

So yes.......2 Cults for the win!!!!!
[url=http://homac.proboards33.com/index.cgi?board=fanfiction&action=display&thread=1165333554]A roleplay about the Valtiel Sect? Preposterous!![/url]
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

I disagree, that all sounds way too convoluted. When I saw her walking amongst the carnage, she looked dazed, and her reactions all indicate surprise at what Alessa was doing, but complete disinterest in the fate of the cultists. The flashbacks all show Dahlia as distraught and unwilling to relinquish her daughter.

If I have to assume her role in a sequel, it would be one of the following:

1. She attempts to retrieve Sharon to replace Alessa, to be her Alessa again. She certainly acted that way when she saw Rose's locket, and she kept Sharon hidden and temporarily safe from Cristabella.

2. She believes that Sharon harbors the demon and attempts to kill her (going by the "Alessa, what have you become?" line).

Now, I know that it would befit Dahlia, at least, that of the game, but she was always a suspicious nutbag and only seemed to make only a minimal attempt to even show the pretext of being a loving mother. The Dahlia of the movie showed considerable compassion towards both her daughter and to Sharon.
Obswalq
Just Passing Through

Post by Obswalq »

ProudClod wrote:Well, she wasn't around when PH first appeared... Yet she sent him after Anna... It was made obvious that Dahlia summoned him to kill Anna... I'm not trying to say that she has total control over Pyramind Head, but she should recieve some credit in his appearence infront of the church... And the fact that she does have SOME Powers in Silent Hill, makes my theory quite plausible.
Actually, Alessa summoned Pyramid Head to kill Anna.
[url=http://myspace.com/cayurband][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/theamalgamut/cayursmall.jpg[/img][/url]
Hell_is_Silent
Cafe5to2 Waitress
Location: Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties.

Post by Hell_is_Silent »

"Actually, Alessa summoned Pyramid Head to kill Anna."

Right. Dahlia did not control the dark creatures Alessa did. Dahlia was safe among them because Alessa did not want her mother dead.
[img]http://myspace-237.vo.llnwd.net/00776/73/23/776203237_l.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hell_is_Silent wrote:"Actually, Alessa summoned Pyramid Head to kill Anna."

Right. Dahlia did not control the dark creatures Alessa did. Dahlia was safe among them because Alessa did not want her mother dead.
While Dahlia may not control the creatures of Silent Hill, she can call them up at will, and Alessa will bring them out... It's like being the right hand of the devil.

For those saying that Dahlia is innocent... She seems to have 2 sides to her... One of these sides, mutters sacreligious comments, calls up Pyramid Head to kill anna, and is Alessa's right hand... Yet the other, she weeps for her daughter, and looks like a caring mother... The two don't go together.
Stained Purgatorial Alter

Post by Stained Purgatorial Alter »

The reason Pyramid Head appeared at the church was because the world was transforming to Dark Silent Hill. You always see him in the Dark world. The Dark School and the Dark Church/Town. Pretty much, he comes with the territory.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Heathers_Guy14 wrote:The reason Pyramid Head appeared at the church was because the world was transforming to Dark Silent Hill. You always see him in the Dark world. The Dark School and the Dark Church/Town. Pretty much, he comes with the territory.
Dahlia points at Anna, and pyramid head appears to kill her... Is that some coincidence?
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

ProudClod wrote:
Hell_is_Silent wrote:"Actually, Alessa summoned Pyramid Head to kill Anna."

While Dahlia may not control the creatures of Silent Hill, she can call them up at will, and Alessa will bring them out... It's like being the right hand of the devil.

For those saying that Dahlia is innocent... She seems to have 2 sides to her... One of these sides, mutters sacreligious comments, calls up Pyramid Head to kill anna, and is Alessa's right hand... Yet the other, she weeps for her daughter, and looks like a caring mother... The two don't go together.
Only once does she appear to summon any monster, that being Pyramid Head. She acts sacrilegeous to a faith that cast her out and roasted her own daughter over an open fire. And, is Alessa really a demon? We only have Cristabella's word that says so. Note that Alessa never killed anyone who didn't cause her harm (except Lisa, but she seemed to regret that). She did come close to killing Rose and Cybil, but that was before she was certain of their intentions. During that final scene, she slaughters everyone else. Why preserve Rose? You can argue that she still loves her mother, and might use Sharon for her own ends, but Rose serves her no purpose. I think she spared Rose (and Dahlia) because, basically, they did her no wrong.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well, if she can call up Pyramid Head, who's to say she doesn't have ANY Power? Even if her power lies in Alessa. Point is, she has atleast some influence over the town... I believe she has more purpose in the story, than being the screaming, crying, finger pointing mother of Alessa.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ProudClod wrote:
Heathers_Guy14 wrote:The reason Pyramid Head appeared at the church was because the world was transforming to Dark Silent Hill. You always see him in the Dark world. The Dark School and the Dark Church/Town. Pretty much, he comes with the territory.
Dahlia points at Anna, and pyramid head appears to kill her... Is that some coincidence?
She doesnt point, she does this...
ant_garland
Gravedigger

Post by ant_garland »

yes thats it

its the sign of the devil even though Anna hit her with stones she wanted to warn her that the devil was behind her so she did the sign of the devil
User has been Trolled. And rightfully so.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

If Dahlia could summon PH, then she could cause the darkness to descend as well, cuz what real summoning power do you have if you can only do it under specific circumstances.

Now about the Cults, Is the cult in the movie supposed to be good in some way, despite their fanaticism? They seem to be anti Claudia and her birthing the God to cleanse the earth, which is my exposure to the cult, sorry I haven't played 1.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Silent Hill 1 and the movie are not the same, so no worries on understanding the game. The cult people are just crazy, they were burning a 10 yr. old girl cause shes a bastard child. So u decide if they're good or not.
Grimwar
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Grimwar »

Besides if she could summon PH, wouldn't she have done it to Anna when they were in the Hotel and Anna was harassing her there?
[nothing right now]