Dahlia Gillespie

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Rachel
Just Passing Through

Post by Rachel »

I still don't think that any of them are actually dead at all. Not even Dahlia.
Heather
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather »

I really liked the character of Dahlia in the movie, in fact I'd say I liked her alot more than in the game. Perhaps I'm biased because she is played by Deborah Kara Unger; but still I really felt for her through most of the film.
[img]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3387/newsh2nk0.png[/img]
Adrasteia
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Adrasteia »

I think there are some circumstances in favor of everyone's being still alive and some against. In favor: Anna looking for food as if eating is still a concern, the Jeep's being found directly after the bridge unharmed, although we clearly see Rose and Sharon drive for a considerable distance before the purported crash. Against: poisonous fumes in the town, living off scavenged SPAM for 30 years?, continuation of foggy world outside Silent Hill. Since this obviously isn't the most scientifically sound movie, we are probably safe to assume that the normal laws of reality don't necessarily apply. Pretending for a moment that everyone is still alive, if Alessa had actually transported all the characters into an alternate universe/world/state of being, I suppose it's possible that they wouldn't have any contact with the polluted air. Possibly they were in a state of limbo but not actually dead. That could eliminate the need to eat. Also, Anna doesn't appear to be at least 30 years old. I suppose she could be, but she looked more in her early twenties to me. I don't think dead people breed. On other other hand, maybe the whole business is the drug-addled dream of a bum sleeping under a box in NYC somewhere and none of it makes any sense. I guess there are arguments for both sides, and I suspect that the reason the DVD commentary was left out is that Gans wanted to allow room for speculation. The games certainly are open to interpretation, so it's likely the movie would follow in that path. Either that or they're going to scalp us later for the Super Special New Bestest Edition Ever.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

In the movie Dahlia passes from a bitch to a victim of the cult that realizes her errors too late... is a good character that always had an inner conflict... I never thought said this but I pity Dahlia; also she looked beautiful when Alessa was alive!!!
Storm
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Storm »

Heather wrote:I really liked the character of Dahlia in the movie, in fact I'd say I liked her alot more than in the game. Perhaps I'm biased because she is played by Deborah Kara Unger; but still I really felt for her through most of the film.
yeah i agree. however i haven't yet seen her in the game, i don't think i wana see Dahlia bad. i love her in the film. i really felt for her throughout the film and i love the music played at the abyss edge when Rose first meets her.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/Sexy_Solis/919554_20040510_screen015.jpg[/img]
Sig Courtesy of the Great & Powerful Milfy!! :mrgreen:
Cynthia87
Just Passing Through

Post by Cynthia87 »

since this is the thread for Dahlia, i just wondering is she evil or good? because in the movie she seems so innocent because all she wanted to do was to protect her daughter... and in the game she killed her daugther so i am kind of confuse.......
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

^ You sort of answered that for yourself. Dahlia is not the same in the movie as she was in the game.
I won't go into the game Dahlia, since this is the movie section. Now, different people have their own ideas about her character in the movie; I think that she is good, despite her mistakes.
Plus, would Alessa have
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
spared her at the end
if she was bad? No. She most likely would have known it and killed her.
Dahlia has a lot of good in her. She is clearly not on the side of the cultists. Aside from her moment of failure, where she gave in and handed over Alessa, it's pretty strongly insinuated that she loves her daughter and is on Alessa's side. She also tries to guard Sharon.

Let's see if she's in the second movie, and what happens. Some people believe she might recreate the Order. I personally think that's unlikely, and hope it doesn't happen. That'd mean a bit of changing on her movie character's part, for the worse.
Cynthia87
Just Passing Through

Post by Cynthia87 »

Thx phantomess for your reply ^^, i thought Dahlia was really pretty when she was a human ..... now i understand this is a whole new story lol ....sorry for being so dumb :<