Pointless Charaters in Your Opinions

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Inner Eye
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Inner Eye »

Not that she was pointless, I just hated the way they portrayed Dahlia. She was supposed to be the crazy bitch that tryed to kill her child to give birth to God. Instead they portrayed her as an outcast and pathetic woman, and such a horrible, by that I mean evil, character needed to be portrayed as an totally evil and unlikable person.
Resident Cajun and Wolf.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Actually, I can see Christophe's intent in including the character of Anna- she was just so horribly scripted that all his ideas for her fell flat. Really, I believe Anna was supposed to be a representation of what the cult does to people in it and possibly a portrayal of what Alessa would have been like had she not been hated by everyone.
Inner Eye
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Inner Eye »

^
Possibly, but he showed what the Order does to people, when they kill Cybil.
Resident Cajun and Wolf.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

^ Yes, but I felt he wanted to add a more in-depth, almost sympathetic approach to the true brainwashing occurring at Christabella's hands. Too bad Avery fucked that for everybody.
Msgrim
Just Passing Through

Post by Msgrim »

Roger Avery needs to stick to those bullsh*t almost comical ganster filcks and leave horror alone!
[img]http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/2082/sigmsgrimnk3.jpg[/img]

To Thine Own Self Be True -----SHAKESPEARE
PyramidHead1036
Just Passing Through

Post by PyramidHead1036 »

Overall though I think he did a decent job. The movie entertained me, and that's what I go see a movie for. It's when I got to nitpicking all the details that I found things wrong...

the scene where its raining and chris gets out of the car to talk to gucci, for example.

he was in his car.. and yet.. as he gets out of the car he is already completely soaked like he'd been standing in rain for 20 minutes.

?_?
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

^Check the water on both sides of the bridge for another flick flub
Msgrim
Just Passing Through

Post by Msgrim »

There's alot more then that. The whole how is Gucci still young is a real good one. I've watched this film obssessively and just realized that neither Rose nor Cybil ever introduced themselves yet they know each other on a first name basis. This is either a off camera thing or a mistake. I would suspect that Cybil, since she's a cop would've found out her name if she ran a license check, but that wouldn't account for Rose knowing Cybil's first name.
[img]http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/2082/sigmsgrimnk3.jpg[/img]

To Thine Own Self Be True -----SHAKESPEARE
MillsLayne
Just Passing Through

Post by MillsLayne »

I honestly thought all of the Order members were pointless. I know in SH1 they talked about cults and stuff, but you never actually saw anything like that. The town was always just pretty much abandoned except for a few people. There should have been less Order BS and more puzzle solving (complete with grotesque scenes).
I am Jack's colon.
[img]http://www.bumperart.com/ProductImages/2004081616_Display-25.gif[/img][img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolchaser.com/thumb-726335.jpg[/img]
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

MillsLayne wrote:I honestly thought all of the Order members were pointless. I know in SH1 they talked about cults and stuff, but you never actually saw anything like that. The town was always just pretty much abandoned except for a few people. There should have been less Order BS and more puzzle solving (complete with grotesque scenes).
Because watching someone pull a bunch of pieces around randomly makes a good movie...?