Who the hell is the father of Alessa?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Gillespie wrote:If it wasn't a big deal then why nitpick where it wasn't needed?
Oh, you know... Just in case you happen to have the Pope over for coffee or something and dropped the term to look cool. That would be pretty embarrassing.
DaneCrystane
Just Passing Through

Post by DaneCrystane »

Its the mailman/repairman/deliveryman/pizzaboy/gardener/pool boy/(chirstabella's bf? HAH) point is i just dont think that it was anything special "sinner"=little miss one night stand "sin"=an end result (embodiement) to that sin
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

a demonic father would explain why an evil such as the reaper responded to alessa's anguish.
Ragdoll
Just Passing Through

Post by Ragdoll »

I think that Allessas father simply had a fling with Dahlia and left her after she became pregnant, so the whole "She didn't have a father like the other children" meant that everyone thought it a disgrace that Alessa was from a one parent family.
DaneCrystane
Just Passing Through

Post by DaneCrystane »

Lucy wrote:I think that Allessas father simply had a fling with Dahlia and left her after she became pregnant, so the whole "She didn't have a father like the other children" meant that everyone thought it a disgrace that Alessa was from a one parent family.
I love it when people agree with me *panda high five*
BrokenCircle
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by BrokenCircle »

Well aparently you guys haven't heard of the "Inquistions" or any of the beliefs that stemmed or followed them. One belief was that witches (all women by the way) gave themselves to demons/devil in whole as part of the bargain for power. Which of course means to get nailed by them(among a dozen or more patriarchial discrimnations against women but ahhh I digress.) Dahlia's sister may have felt that the only to save her was for her to give up her sin (Alessa) up. The reference to Sammael being an incubus is interesting since these demons have been thought to seduce and have sex with women. In some cultures they are thought of as ethereal; so no proof of conception could exist. Also SH is a universe of grey and just because some one is born of evil and sin doesn't therefore make them evil. To keep things simple though Sam took it upon it's self to nuture the hate within it child to destroy it's bitter enemy.
I cast the first stone but you drew the first drop; a war is what life is with many battles, victories and defeats.
It matters not who dies first for all stories must end with such sadness but know the middle provides the hopeful dream we simmer in.
As time is in itself relative so is our lives to those we surround ourselves with. To me though it is all inconsequential for I have dreamt my end and know it is as boundless as my life even in the infinite of the abyss.
-Raymond E Lozensky
mr.emergecyhamma
Just Passing Through

Post by mr.emergecyhamma »

jerberson12 wrote:ok it is clearly stated we dont know the father of Alessa, But who are the parents of Sharon? All i know is:
Rose adopted her from an orphanage. I know Sharon is the good side of Alessa but where did she really come from BIOLOGICALLY? Alessa's uterus? If magically, how? Did evil alessa had a Magic wand and said abracadabra?

PS If youll tell me Sharon is Alessa's daughter, that was 30 years ago and Sharon was only like 10
you seem to be forgetting that
1 this is a movie
aaaand
2 it takes place in a little west virginian resort town called Silent Hill.
aaaand
3 alessa is alessa, if she wanted to have a baby that vcould be adopted from an orphanage then, you know what? she could.
if you don,t get it by now, you havent been paying attention.

Edit: Cmon now, she,s practically the god of death, she doesnt need a father.
vendor=?
huh? radio? whats going on with that cd player?

REMEMBER KIDS REMEMBER HAS 3 E'S 2 M'S AND 2 R'S. NO ONE LIKES A /B/. NO NOT EVEN GOD. NO NOT EVEN SANTA. NO NOT EVEN MY CAT CASCADE. IN FACT SHE HATES A /B/ SO MUCH SHE HAS ATTACKED ME MORE THAN ONCE WHILST I WAS BROWSING. O RLY? NO. NO RLY. STAY OFF OF /B/. --MR. E HAMMA +_+
FLAmePURifiesAll
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FLAmePURifiesAll »

I really think that the father is Kaufmann! Everybody, think back to the first SH game for a second. Remember? Weren't Dahlia and Kaufmann together? I mean, yeah, it's been a really long time since I played the game, but I DO remember something about Dahlia and Kaufmann being Alessa's parents (more of an inference you have to make when you're playing the series) but it's there, I'm pretty sure...
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

If anything, it wouldn't completely surprise me if the Janitor had raped Dahlia and Alessa was the product of it. Dahlia probably would have felt it was something She'd done wrong, and carried the secret to her grave.
That would mean the Janitor raped his illegitimate daughter. Ew.

As for the people who mentioned the Virgin Birth, I'm just imagining God trying to have a daughter for the Second Coming, then after the whole movie deal, he's like "Fuck, I screwed up."

But seriously, Alessa's human with human parents, and all her supernatural powers are wholly and purely the Demon's.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

There's a man running for sheriff in my town with the last name Gillespie...

:O Conspiracy!

Personally, I think Alessa was the product of a one night stand, or something that Dahlia would be ashamed of. Perhaps with someone the church didn't approve of?

._.
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Weren't Dahlia and Kaufmann together?
No. They weren't. He wasn't Alessa's father in the game, and he's not the father in the movie.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Keeva
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Keeva »

[quote="HunterX"]Reaper makes more sense than "dark alessa" the power existed before and totally separate from Alessa, she's much more than "dark Alessa".

Alessa - is now all evil alessa

Sharon - the good part of alessa that is now separate from her

"Reaper" - demon/Samael that granted alessa's darkest desires, and just now happens to look like a 'dark alessa' but thats just a form....remember Christobella said do not trust what you see the demon will take a form that can influence you! Christobella knows more about this shit than Rose.

Reaper has many names right, so reaper is a convenient name since thats one she gives...I'll call you Ravern, that is the name you give. Sure there could be other ways to identify you, but why make it confusing.[/quote]

OK, they explained this in the games. There was no demon that mad manifest Alessa's desires. It was just that her hate and pain from Dalia's was so palpable and strong that it gave birth to the Alternate Side. Let's not forget, she's not really human. She was made in order to give birth to a demon God/Samael, whatever you call it. So it's not too far a stretch of the imagination that she had the power to do dark and horrible things. But her being burned to a cinder didn't help her become a loving being, now did it? We learned in SH1 that Dalia wanted Alessa's power, and Alessa sensed Dalia malicious intentions, so she hedged. Dalia eventually did make Alessa birth Samael, hence the ultimate boss battle, but Dalia did not care for Alessa's reluctance, so she was immolated, and Alessa wanted to get even. Enter the Alternate Side, with Alessa's dreams made manifest.
"That which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
December Man
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by December Man »

Alessa's father is Barney the Dinosaur...

Seriously, on IMDB someone said that Alessa's father is Colin. LOL
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5149/smallershsig8jd.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

OK, they explained this in the games. There was no demon that mad manifest Alessa's desires. It was just that her hate and pain from Dalia's was so palpable and strong that it gave birth to the Alternate Side. Let's not forget, she's not really human. She was made in order to give birth to a demon God/Samael, whatever you call it. So it's not too far a stretch of the imagination that she had the power to do dark and horrible things. But her being burned to a cinder didn't help her become a loving being, now did it? We learned in SH1 that Dalia wanted Alessa's power, and Alessa sensed Dalia malicious intentions, so she hedged. Dalia eventually did make Alessa birth Samael, hence the ultimate boss battle, but Dalia did not care for Alessa's reluctance, so she was immolated, and Alessa wanted to get even. Enter the Alternate Side, with Alessa's dreams made manifest.
1) The movie is NOT the games. It's a new story entirely.
2) Alessa was human, but she was impregnated through magic.
3) Samael doesn't exist. That was a lie.
4) Well, Alessa was pretty loving. I mean, she goes to martyr means of trying to spare Earth the wrath of God and such.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Heather
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather »

I seriously think she is just the result of a fling between Dahlia and some guy she may have knew. Te fact she she wasn't married at the time of having a child and had no plans to do so, would have resulted in a great stigma toward both herself and her child (Alessa). It's only in the past 10-20 (give or take) years or so that it has become socially acceptable to be a single mother.

As for Colin being Alessa's father, that is pretty stupid. There is no proof that he is connected to Dahlia is any way, he was just a part of a sequence of events that really screwed Alessa up.
[img]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3387/newsh2nk0.png[/img]
Fatal_Sims
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fatal_Sims »

It's strange why I have this feelings that Gucci could be Alessa's father.
Keeva
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Keeva »

Fatal_Sims wrote:It's strange why I have this feelings that Gucci could be Alessa's father.
LOL! Gucci? :D
"That which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
Fatal_Sims
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fatal_Sims »

^^ Yep, Gucci. Strange, I know. :lol:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, it's better than virgin birth/Daughter of God/Satan/Herself crap.

Unless you think Gucci is God/Satan/Herself like in that dumb thread. In which I gouge your eyes out.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>She was made in order to give birth to a demon God/Samael
False. In the game, she was born naturally & raised to be a priestess of the Order, just like her mother.

>It's strange why I have this feelings that Gucci could be Alessa's father.
Gucci would've been about thirteen years old when Alessa was born. So: No.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.