Which Parts Made Your Audience Laugh?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

lumpo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by lumpo »

So now your stereotyping huh? Well I don't judge people until I get understand their personality. Then again, I do hate those ladies who laugh really load and at everything during movies.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

What I meant is that the vast majority of teens I've seen in theatres talk, answer calls, kick the backs of other peoples' seats, and are just generally rude as sin.
lumpo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by lumpo »

Okay that's understandable. Stereotyping is just as bad as racism though.

I don't blame you though, that's why I watch movies when I know no one else will be in the theater at the time.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

At least stereotyping doesn't0 have to necessarily involve that whole "hating people of a certain kind" thing...
volpe3fuego
Just Passing Through

Post by volpe3fuego »

LoL The only parts that gave me the giggles were

1) when Dahlia got hit in the head by the rock
2) at the last "It's mine!" by Dahlia when she fell trying to get @ Rose's locket
3) when Rose said, "F*ck you, you stupid cop" to Cybil

That's about it though, everything else I took extremely seriously and shuddered at :shock: I agree with Vixx when I say that that Climax was NO laughing matter; it's honestly the sickest death scene I've ever seen.
The Game..what's up with that? Who's his manager: Milton Bradley? ~ Edge making fun of Triple H,WWE
11x20
Hope House Careworker

Post by 11x20 »

When I saw it, I heard a few chuckles when Dahlia got hit in the head with the rock. I actually laughed a little too, but I felt bad for Dahlia throughout the entire movie. I think she became the most tragic character, really.

I think there were other parts that got some laughs, but not many. I think I got a fairly mature group of theater-mates that time.
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=420479#420479/][img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/404errord/waltersig1.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5020211/1/Afterlife][ e x a m i n e ? ][/url] [url=http://11x20.deviantart.com/][dA][/url] [url=http://11x20.deviantart.com/gallery/#A-F-T-E-R-L-I-F-E][project page][/url]
volpe3fuego
Just Passing Through

Post by volpe3fuego »

11x20 wrote:When I saw it, I heard a few chuckles when Dahlia got hit in the head with the rock. I actually laughed a little too, but I felt bad for Dahlia throughout the entire movie. I think she became the most tragic character, really.

I think there were other parts that got some laughs, but not many. I think I got a fairly mature group of theater-mates that time.
That's great that you were with a mature audience that night; ending up sitting with mature people is so rare at the movies. That's why I refuse to go to the movies during the 6, 7 or 8 o'clock showing because that's when the little rugrats are out. Anyway, I agree, I sympathized more with Dahlia and Cybil. I felt bad for Bennet because she cared and was concerned; she was just trying to do her job and that's what got her caught into that whole mess. Just like Rose; trying to do her job as a mom and find out what was ailing her daughter and she gets dragged into Silent Hill :(

But anyway back to the topic *ahem*, I think almost everyone laughed @ that part when Dahlia got hit with the rock cuz it just came outta no where XD Poor thing, tho...she who cast the first stone got what she deserved, IMO. But man, what a scene! I was like, "OMFG!" That reminds me, another part that made me laugh was how fast Rose lost her newly acquired weapon, the kitchen knife. Granted it helped her find that hidden room and it wouldn't have really helped her that much later on, but it was better than nothing and it dropped >_< I remember my sister and I throwing our hands up in the air and saying, "Great..."

Cybil: "You're going back to the station."
Rose: "Are you kidding?"
Cybil: "Nnnnnnnnnope!"

And the way she violently grabbed Rose after she said, "How do I even know she is your daughter?"
The Game..what's up with that? Who's his manager: Milton Bradley? ~ Edge making fun of Triple H,WWE
crazyhorse
Just Passing Through

Post by crazyhorse »

People usually laugh at movies that are disturbing because it is unsettling to them. Laughter blocks that feeling and gives then an anchor of security . Some people laugh because they are immature. Either way, when people laugh inappropriately at stuff, it ruins the movie for me.
1337_cait
Just Passing Through

Post by 1337_cait »

I'm not sure if this entirely counts or anything, but I seriously died a bit inside when watching it with my aunt and cousin over their house. It was the equivalent of watching it with a movie theater audience. At the beginning when Rose trips over the trashcan, my aunt goes "Oh she's a clumsy bitch, isn't she?" I laughed a bit at that. Then when Cybil takes off her coat, my aunt found it necessary to make a comment about her boobs. "She has some nice tits."

The other time I watched it over my best friends house and that's when I just lost it. Of course the infamous "OMFG CYBIL'S A DYKE LOL." At the part where Cybil is approaching Sharon in the car, after she says "Hey there.", my friend proceeds in mocking her and putting on this deep, manly woman voice and was making her out to be a pedophile. It may not sound too funny but man, I loled all over the room D:
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I'd slap your friends. Unless it's an Uwe Boll movie and is therefore meant to be made fun of, I can't stand people talking while I'm trying to watch a movie. It's irritating as hell.
Fack
Just Passing Through

Post by Fack »

I just laugh because now it reminds me of the Zero Puntuation review of SH5 where he says a pointless side quest should be put in where you 'play as Sean Bean doing something completely f***ing useless.' And it just shows Sean Bean throwing a paper airplane. Mind you before hand I think I'de just laugh at like said, some of the dialogue. And the obsession with burning stuff! :P
I don't care.