Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 18 Oct 2018

Post subject: The "innocents"

This is something I thought of shortly after the movie ended. It's a theory that would only be explained in a sequel, or sadly, may never be explained. However, since it doesn't hurt saying it; I'm posting here.

When watching the movie, I picked up on something curious. We're told that Alessa HATED the town. She HATED (Caps for emphasis) the people and wanted revenge. Yet, from what we can tell, a large number escaped. Why?

Perhaps, because they were "innocent" of any crimes against Alessa.

Think about it. You can easily pick out the people that Alessa wouldn't have had any reason to be angry at.

They are: (Reasons after names)

1.) Her mother (Mother is god in the eyes of a child)
2.) The Sheriff (He burned his hands trying to save Alessa, and later carried her away.)
3.) Rose (Mother to Alessa's good side)
4.) Cybil (This is a stretch, but Cybil had saved a child much like Alessa.)
5.) The Nun (Possibly not involved, protected baby Good Alessa)

And sure, there would be more.

Why were they spared? Is there something to this?

-----------

Before I go, let me field a theory put forth by a friend of mine.

He theorized, that the "demon" had wanted to punish those affiliated with the witch hunters. Those who had killed so many innocents in the past. The demon then, didn't have any reason to hate people like the Sheriff or Rose, since they hadn't really done anything wrong. Further, given the way the Sheriff acts, it's possible that he was Alessa's father.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Apr 2006
Notes left: 43
Yeah thats not really a theory all that stuff is pretty much stated in the movie. This stuff is only disscussed in about a million different threads.

Post subject:

wait...PH in the movie tried to kill cybil and rose...and PH is supposedly created by alessa's hatred..because she created the dark with the help of the reaper..or can the reaper do things without alessa? i see the only "safe" person in silent hill is alessa's mother

Post subject:

PH was pure chaotic rage. PH tried to kill /everyone/ and as far as we know, Alessa's mother was safe. Though, since we never really see PH and her mother interact, it's not cut and dry that she was always safe.

Post subject:

DAms, there is no reason to act like an ass.

repsac,

I have thought about the idea that the innocent escaped Silent Hill and the guilty were pulled into her Hell creation. But why would the Brookhaven hospital nurses be there (as monsters - already judged)? What would leave us to believe that they weren't innocent?

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Aug 2005
Notes left: 521
its probably because of thi

mother is safe because she is her mother.

rose helped alessa take revenge

cybil. alessa did try to kill cybil. and rose at the same time. u know the scene with pyramid head. all the creatures are being controlled by alessa.

why did u mentioned the nun? she wasn't mentioned in the past history of silent hill as far as i can remember

the sherif. for that exact reason. he helped save her. kinda like what her mother did aswell. oh also the nun and sherief aint exactly in silent hill are they. we have no idea when the bad stuff started. sherief could of left by then.

Post subject:

What about Alessa's nurse, doesn't Dark Alessa flat-out say that she was innocent? Also, whenever they are escaping into the church, one of the cultists mentions that her daughter is still outside. I can't remember her daughter's name, but I'm pretty sure she called her her "little ____." Maybe she was just talking about Anna, I don't remember.

Finally, when Gucci talks about the people who died in the town fire, he says that some of them deserved what they got and some of the bodies were never found. It sounds to me like some innocent people got killed in the fire, and I'm assuming that this was a different fire than the one that resulted from the witch-burning.

It looks like there was a second fire that Alessa was somehow responsible for. I think they talk about the witch-burning related fire being the "first fire" somewhere in the movie. I think that the "second fire" was the one that caused the evacuation of the town and set the coal seam ablaze; I also believe that the "second fire" was the one that the cultist disappeared during. It makes no sense for their bodies to have disappeared during the "first fire."

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Feb 2006
Notes left: 23
Last seen at: That town....
repsac wrote:
5.) The Nun (Possibly not involved, protected baby Good Alessa)

The nun (at the orphanage, you mean?): She was in Toluca County, yes. But Toluca County is not sumed up by Silent Hill and only Silen Hill. Brahams, Ashfield, and several other towns are in Toluca County as well. I think the orphanage, and therefore the nun, were in Brahams.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2006
Notes left: 102
Last seen at: Houston
The first fire could be easily contained. The second fire was caused by Alessa and Evil form. Brookhaven Hospital was in great shape before all hell broke loose.

Post subject:

I thought about the nun for some time, and the thing which made me lump her in with the "innocents" was the fact that she seems to know a great deal about what happened in the past to Alessa. She's right there as Gucci relates the past events and doesn't seem too shocked.

The nurse, wasn't totally innocent though. Dark Alessa said that her only crime was curiosity. At that point, Alessa was angry at everyone who had hurt her. Stands to reason she would see a person who was treating her like a freak show, as being guilty.

The other nurses, well, that's in the wind. Perhaps they did not help little alessa as much as they could; or were connected to the cult somehow.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 May 2006
Notes left: 168
Last seen at: Missouri
Prehaps she was just angry at the nurses in general.

Post subject:

TessannaDelone wrote:
Prehaps she was just angry at the nurses in general.

I agree. Look at the facts:

- Allessa is in a constant state of suffering because of a prejudiced, fanatical cult burning that was not deserved.
- She was mocked and abused by nearly everyone in the town. She was an outcast.
- In the least, the people that didn’t outright mock her sat idly by while she was mistreated by the others.

She refers to Gucci as one who “tried to help”. Notice Gucci was not sucked into her Silent Hill hell. This might be because he resided in Brahams at the time, but it might have been because he proved his merit to her by saving her. The nurses may not have shown her any reason to be spared.

She is burning in her skin, in a constant torturous prison everyday. She sees the beautiful nurses in the hospital, they can’t help her. They can only look at her in pity and disgust. Maybe she wanted them to feel some of that ugliness and pain.

Post subject:

You know something I wondered. What is the likelyhood that Gucci was her father?

Post subject:

repsac wrote:
You know something I wondered. What is the likelyhood that Gucci was her father?

Not very likely considering that Gucci would most likely of mentioned it when talking to Rose's husband.

Most likely Alessa's birth was Immaculate in nature so Dahlia couldn't tell Christabella who the father was, because THERE WASN'T ONE!

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 May 2006
Notes left: 1937
Or maybe, we're just reading too much into this "who's the father" business, as with the absence of the corpses of people who died in Silent Hill. Most likely Gans just intended it that way to build up ambiguity in the plot and blur any clear-cut lines that would otherwise strip the mystery off the storyline

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Nov 2006
Notes left: 19
Gucci said in the car with Chris somehting along the lines of "these were good people (referring to the people of Silent Hill and the fires from the mine), some perhaps deserved this though".