Which monster did better his job? (scaring people)

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Gemzkai
Just Passing Through

Post by Gemzkai »

I love the janitor. He was very icky and gross. Just fantastic!
"This is a local shop for local people. There's nothing for you here." - Tubbs from the League of Gentlemen.
Matto
Just Passing Through

Post by Matto »

Prinny wrote:I didn't really like the monster crowds in the movie though....a PH walking slowly alone in a corridor is more scary to me than PH walking along with 1000s of CG bugs - it just becomes an action flick then.

Seems scary enough to me with the bugs included, but that's just my opinion. They needed the roaches to be with PH anyway because without them, the fact that the actor portraying PH was on stilts would be visibly evident. Just in case you didn't know.

None of the monsters really scared me. The nurses were awesome. Alessa took the cake, though. Barbed wire hospital bed of doom with a traumatized occupant.
Nanjiz
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nanjiz »

The nurses almost made me jump first time I saw the movie =)
Power and chaos!
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

to be honest... nothing scared me, or hardly startled me. i found this movie to be rather lame, mainly because i couldn't get over harry being changed into a female. really, what the hell and why?

i did appreciate the visuals, though.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

l'd have to say it was great to see all those monsters but, none of them were scary. the gray children the first wail was a little eerie. the lying figure sucked. the roaches were roaches *stomp, crunch*. pyramid head was too slow to be an actual threat, unless say you try to board yourself up in a room instead of running. the nurses were far too slutty (even with those faces, if they had no weapons, l'd've porked 'em). the janitor, again with the slowness. and finally, alessa, cool razor wire, not scary. and l'm through!
CorbinWelles
Just Passing Through

Post by CorbinWelles »

Sute88 wrote:
starsail1929 wrote:^I agree I liked the lying figure. I thought it was cool too to see them all wandering around by the hill when Cybil shoots the one.

I didnt care for the roaches with Pyramid head. I thought they shouldve been on their own or something - when that one roach got in and turned over with that face :lol: too funny.

I didnt like the nurses at all; it looked like Michael Jackson Thriller video. Not scary! I thought the make up job was awesome, but they should have been more spread out. Was a cool scene though, all cutting each other up.
The roaches were gross, I did not like their faces at all D:

And, the nurses.. definently did pull off a Micheal Jackson thing, I really didn't like that.. it seemed out of character.. psh, they didn't do THAT in the game.. >_> It would have been better if they were scattered about, not in a mass group like that, because they're all just there, no mystery.
I actually mentioned something like that, Mute your movie and play MJ Thriller when she finds the nurses! WATCH THE MAGIC! XD
Memories of life, memories of death, right here it's all the same.
So come on over to the other side and let go of this life of pain