STOP MAKING UP SHIT AS YOU GO ALONG. HERE'S THE FACTS:

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Smoky
Just Passing Through

Post by Smoky »

Wow, thank you for that, Krist! I understand it much better now. :D

I don't even wanna think of how long it took you to do that!
Listen, all I want out of life is for my bank account to have 58,008 dollars in it, so that when I read my statement upside down, it says "BOOBS".
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

As "lame" as it sounds, i think they're all dead. Sharon says in the film "there was no apocalypse, you all burned in the fire you started... and nothing can save you because you're already damned" to me that means they're dead. and like someone else mentioned, Gucci and Chris couldnt find Sharon, Rose nor Cybil's body either, yet they exist in the SH world.

even with that, i dont see a problem with people choosing to believe either or. there are various ways people will view and interpret events in the film. anyhow, i hope they make a sh2.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

If their bodies are no longer in the physical world, why does it MATTER if they're alive or dead?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Because uh... their bodies are no longer in the physical world? They were never found so people want to know what happened. We want to figure out whether or not they died and their souls are stuck in purgatory, or by some unexplainable reason, they were sucked into Alessa's hell and will live until they are judged. i believe that they died in the fire. one, because the film says they all burned in the fire. two, because Alessa didn't have powers at the time of their deaths and or disappearance. It wasnt until she spent some time in the hospital that her hate began to grow and then the dark one shows up and she merged with it.

anyhow, i like the idea of them being alive better, but to me, all signs point to them being dead.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

But if their bodies are gone regardless, it doesn't really matter. Plus, the film doesn't say they died in the fire. In fact, it was reported that they fled the scene and/or dissapeared. Besides, if Alessa doesn't have powers at the time of the burning and they already died, how would she be able to force their souls out of wherever they went? Your argument is based on assumptions anyway, since Gans himself proposed that the possibility of Alessa being a psychic with split personalities is just as likely as the possibility of a demonic force.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Rose saying "you all burned in the fire you started..." could be taken as them dying in the fire. seriously, how else would you take that?

And true, how could Alessa keep their souls stuck in her own hell, if she's powerless? well, i could also turn that against the folks who believe the townspeople are all alive and pose the question, "well how could she have kept the people there if they're alive? how come they didn't just leave the town?" I mean, the town was evacuated. the police searched everywhere and like it's been stated, there were no bodies found. And if Anna was a small child when Alessa was sacrificed, why is she even trapped in SH in the first place? I dont remember seeing any children present at the sacrifice. if everyone is aging, how come Anna doesn't look like a 40 year old woman? i mean it's been 30 years hasn't it? she looks like she's in her early 20's if you ask me. And sorry, Christabella doesn't look as if she's aged a day. she's still the same middleaged woman throughout the whole film. the only one who ages is Dahlia.

you could come up with good arguments for why you think they died in the fire or for why they're still alive, but my guess is, whether they're either or, the dark one prevented them from leaving. Once Alessa's hatred grows and she merges with the dark one, she can then manipulate the town herself. which explains why Phead and Alessa's nightmare world of SH comes and goes.
jester
Just Passing Through

Post by jester »

I never took Dahlia to have aged either. She just took the rough road, no baths, no personal care, no clean clothes. Kinda like a homeless person.

Whe the Reaper is telling Rose the story she explains that the towns people are in a state of lost confusion and do not believe they are dead. They go on living, but in a different realm and they think it is just their bad luck. Since they believe they are the good guys and built a church based on their beliefs they are sorta safe from the 'darkness'. When Dahlia said "Only the dark one opens and closes the door to Silent Hill" that may be true by the God making it so becuase they can not escape or because since that is where they died, that is where they are stuck.

Telling the truth to the townspeople like Rose was supposed to do made the people actually stop and think that maybe their beliefs are a bit extreme, that Christabella was infact a bad person and not one to follow. After learning this the Reaper was able to get Alessa to recieve her vengeance. They had to stop believing to get their souls harvested. ...Er I totally forgot what else I was going to say.....
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/a7xjester/punishmentbannercopy.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

You said enough Jester, that was a marvelous contribution.

But I think we can agree that the alive/dead issue is moot, as Silent Hill doesn't seem to draw a line between life and death in Otherworld.