24. Fiery Fate [4:03]
25. A Blasphemer [6:14]
26. Mother's Instincts [2:03]
27. Coming Home [1:48]
28. Ghostly Silence [9:29]
Latraxus
Just Passing Through

Post by Latraxus »

ant_garland wrote:Lying figure attacking Anna..what does she do throw stones at it or something

lolol. No, they just show the making of it while their going on about Michael Cota (think that's his name) playing the lying figure... you ever see that picture of her standing outside disgruntled by the elevator door, like one of the first pics released of the movie, it's that part, he sprays at her and she goes against the wall, then you see cybil come in and shoot at it.. eventually, when they go abck to it, you see cybil aiming her gun underneath the car, which would've been awesome cuz i remember freaking out in the games when those things would come crawling out from under the cars

hotel* door

Please don't do that, just edit your post. We do not allow double posting.
dka13
Just Passing Through

Post by dka13 »

there WILL be a rerelease, cuz in the special feature it shows a few scenes NOT in the movie, i beLIEve there gonna release a DC version....fuck i hope thwey will
[b][color=red]Your signature has been removed. Max size is 580x100.[/color][/b]
Ethos

Post by Ethos »

:S Your sig is enormous.

I'm hoping for a rerelease too. I thought the special features were fun, but it felt a bit incomplete to me.

Outtakes, a blooper reel, cast commentary, director/script writer commentary, lalalalaaa, more stufff lalala. Lol.

/bitch bitch bitch/? Lol.
Hell_is_Silent
Cafe5to2 Waitress
Location: Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties.

Post by Hell_is_Silent »

Yeah, except you can expect another DVD release, considering how passionate Gans is about Silent Hill, I'd count on him doing a commentary. Not to mention that Roger Avery is also a frequenter of the commentary tracks.
I took the lack of a commentary as a clear sign (not definite proof) of a future DVD release.

Oh, and about the extra footage. I hope they put it into the film (at least a good portion). I'll always have this theatrical version if I don't like the new version, and frankly, I hate deleted scenes on a disk. They don't exist to me. If they don't get included in some release of the film, they might as well not show them to me. At least collage them together into some sort of short film.
[img]http://myspace-237.vo.llnwd.net/00776/73/23/776203237_l.jpg[/img]
RecurringNightmare

Post by RecurringNightmare »

you also get a Bonus Disc called "Creating The Experience" which contains trailers for "The Silent Hill Experience" and the upcoming game "Ørigins" and making of The SHE.. nothing to wet your pants over though ;)
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

I've stated this in the Easter Eggs thread so excuse me for repeating myself, but the UK version - due for release on the 4th Sept. - proports to have a commentary on it (see here for Play.com's details). Unless Play.com are wrong, it seems weird that the UK would have a commentary and the US don't. :\
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Darkh4
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkh4 »

What's really silly is, when you start the movie it brings up one of those disclaimer screens where they state that the views expressed in the commentary aren't necessarily the views of the movie studio or publisher. Even though there doesn't seem to be a commentary on the disk.
And thus we see the heavy stone, and also the steep hill, and look! There's Sisyphus, waving madly. Is he greeting us, or warning us?." -Tycho
RecurringNightmare

Post by RecurringNightmare »

um, my disc has commentary..
Silent_Hill_Tourist
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Hill_Tourist »

The DVD comes out tomorrow for me. but I'm not planning on buying it straight away.

There was an advert for the DVD on tv the other day when I was watching with my mum and og course the advert was showing all the violent, gory, scary bits and I'm just thinking: "I really hope my mum doesn't think I'm some kind of freaky psycho for liking this".
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/justatouristoptimized.jpg[/img]
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

Vixx wrote:Unless Play.com are wrong, it seems weird that the UK would have a commentary and the US don't. :\

They are wrong, because my DVD came yesterday 2 days earlier than the release date, and it has no commentary. :x
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
jsunderland67
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by jsunderland67 »

Hey Silent_Hill_Tourist. Don't worry about that too much. My dad went to see it with me the 7 times I saw it in theaters, and he didn't seem to have that thought at all. He actually kind of liked it. If you think your mom might think weird of you being into something like that. You could say that about anyone who goes to see a movie like that, or if you wanna go deeper, put that type of thought to the DIRECTOR'S who have the gaul to turn that thought into a movie in the first place.

But yes with how passionate Gans was to pretty much close to perfectly adapting the game into film and how we all loved it. And with the fact that he's as big a fan of the games as we are, I think there will be a special edition, or something like that. Cause while I was watching those special features on the making of and what not I was shocked to see what I thought were scenes filmed and recorded (for the supposed 3 1/2 hour movie that should've or could've been) and put into the special features.

It's not impossible to put let's say the theatrical version(what we saw on dvd, and in theaters) and have the original what would've been 3 1/2 film on the same disc, possibly in the extra features. I mean Kevin Smith's 10th Anniversary Oober Edition of clerks has 2 different ways of the film, what is on the original regular dvd, and another version or something like that in the special fatures area. I have yet to get that though. But I have no doubt sometime, SOMETIME down the line a special edition will come out. Wheather it has the 3 1/2 long version I sadly enough cannot say for that. I hope it does though.
Only the Dark One opens and closes the door to Silent Hill.
Dark Sky
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Sky »

jsunderland67 wrote:Cause while I was watching those special features on the making of and what not I was shocked to see what I thought were scenes filmed and recorded (for the supposed 3 1/2 hour movie that should've or could've been) and put into the special features.
Well...you really should realise that there isn't really a "3 and a half hour version" of Silent Hill... That was just the length of the rough edit of the film incorporating all the filmed material.

Every film has a rought cut made initially, and then the real work begins in editing it down and shaping the material into a proper film which flows well. It's just part of the filmmaking process.

Think of it like a sculpture starting out with a huge slab of stone and then slowly chipping away until he's left with what he intended the world to see: a face.

You can clamour away for the "three and a half hour" version of the movie, but ultimately it'll just be like watching a giant slab of uncut stone and not what Gans intended at all.

Which isn't to say that it wouldn't be nice to have a few of the more interesting deleted scenes as extras on the DVD! And, of couse, a commentary.

And a sequel.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

RecurringNightmare wrote:um, my disc has commentary..
Really? Are you in the UK, US or elsewhere? What version do you have?
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
jsunderland67
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by jsunderland67 »

You're probably right. The 3 1/2 hour one was probably just all footage he wanted on there before just trying to find and put together what he REALLY wanted on the dvd, but if I was him and I thought the games fans loved this movie and wanted more special features or a sequal so fast, I would later on send out a special edition with that whole 3 1/2 hour thing just to please the fans, and just to let them see what I originally had. I know alot of people would want to see it.
Only the Dark One opens and closes the door to Silent Hill.
TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TerryRed »

This might be out of Gans's control... he may not have a choice in these matters...
The current progress of my Silent Hill pinball (video) game can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/aMklvWiUqhY