Silent Hill DVD Easter Eggs?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

scarab
Just Passing Through

Post by scarab »

Next they'll release the two-disc Director's Cut. Then they'll have the three-disc special edition with extra sprinkles and a PS2 version of Silent Hill Origins. Then for the 10th anniversary they'll have the 10-disc box set with a life-size Pyramid Head plushie (complete with Great Knife)!
I need a miracle and not someone's charity.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

This is kinda weird, since the UK release - scheduled for 4th Sept. - allegedly has the commentary (see play.com here - unless they're lying/wrong, of course). It's bizarre that it's not on the US release if one has been recorded. :?
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
9saves
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by 9saves »

Vixx wrote:This is kinda weird, since the UK release - scheduled for 4th Sept. - allegedly has the commentary (see play.com here - unless they're lying/wrong, of course). It's bizarre that it's not on the US release if one has been recorded. :?
Probably because Sony thought Americans would have a rough time understanding Gans. I don't know, something stupid like that.
Brem
Just Passing Through

Post by Brem »

Maybe that's why the U.K version has a later release. Maybe they're currently in the process or doing, or have finished doing, some commentary that will be included. It's probably unlikely, although I have got pictures of what is said to be the PAL version menu, and the only difference is under extras, which includes Theatrial Trailer and TV Spots, and I think one other thing. Otherwise it's just subtitles, with no options for changing any Audio. Although I couldn't say for sure if these are the real menus for the PAL version. I just found them on a site, that I can't even remember now!
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Turns out that UK release DOESN'T have a commentary, despite Play's assurances then (and still now, actually) that it does. Bastards.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
darcyb
Just Passing Through

Post by darcyb »

This isn't a menu Easter Egg, but it's a fun insertion.

When the husband is reading the web sites his wife was one, still-advance all that and you'll find the name of the Executive Producer (Andrew Mason) mentioned in the newspaper, poised as a fictitious character.