Praying to Alessa

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Dream_Demon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Praying to Alessa

Post by Dream_Demon »

I searched and didn't find it anywhere and Spoilers are a given, right?

When Rose locks herself in the bathroom, she holds up her locket of Sharon. She starts praying; "Oh god, help me. Please help me." Then soon after, the darkness comes. It does help her, in the way that the Miners run off and are killed by those Bugs.

Now am I just thinking into this a little too much or could Alessa, maybe, have heard her?
disappeared
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by disappeared »

Alessa, through her dark side, says she led Rose to the lowest depths of the Brookhaven Hospital to tell her the truth. In essence she was looking out for her. It's very possible she heard Rose's plea for help and made the appropriate decisions to assist her.
-----------------------------------------------------
"If destiny interferes with reality, one
man's determination may merely be what
is determined by his fate."
-----------------------------------------------------
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well damn, if the Reaper's the one listening to our prayers I'm definately gonna scold my nephew even MORE for saying "I wish (Name) were dead!"
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
ValtielInvoked
Just Passing Through

Post by ValtielInvoked »

Hmm,that's a definate possibility that The Reaper heard her prayer and sent the darkness.
I was reading this interesting review someone wrote of the movie recently,where the fellow compares Alessa to Jesus Christ,in the same way that he died,but the guy says Silent Hill is like what would happen if Jesus came back pissed off about being crucified,seeking wrathful vengeance.
So the movie has an almost biblical feel.
I reject your reality and substitute my own :]
[img]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6540/vat1psdjf6.jpg[/img]
genshiken
Just Passing Through

Post by genshiken »

I was just watching that part, and all I thought was that there is no God, just the darkness waiting for a chance to come out and swallow the world.Of course I was falling alseep and my mind was in cruise control so that always affects my judgement...
innocent_bitch
Just Passing Through

Post by innocent_bitch »

Somehow... I think that in some way, the movie was trying to depict christianity or something like that. Werent Christabella and the other people satanist? then again, I could be wrong....
[b][color=red]Signature was removed because it was too large. Read the rules! 580 pix. X 100 pix.[/color][/b]
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

They were Christian Puritans, taking their faith way, way too far.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]