Question About the Silent Hill DVD

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Question About the Silent Hill DVD

Post by Anonymous »

I recently heard that the DVD version of the Silent Hill movie is a lot brighter than the Theatre version when it was out in cinemas. I was just wondering if this is true or not, because I have not been able to get hold of the movie yet as I am currently away on holiday, however, I will be getting it when I return. So, can anyone tell me please, is the DVD version any good? Thanks.
CasuallyDressed
Hope House Careworker

Post by CasuallyDressed »

DVD version is...Well...DVD quality. At least mine is, dunno about the Region1 release. It does seem a tiny bit brighter, especially the scene where PH gets introduced, but other than that it all looks pretty much the same.
[img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/steve_juneau/Matt.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/brian_wants_brains]Add me on MySpazz![/url]
genshiken
Just Passing Through

Post by genshiken »

Yeah the R1 DVD release is brighter too, it doesn't take away from the experience though it just shows more of the little details in the movie, but it isn't like nuclear winter bright just enough to show more thats all.
GioGio
Historical Society Historian

Post by GioGio »

I bought the movie, "The Real one this time" on the 22nd and I didn't notice it being brighter, it was just fine for viewing.
During the dark scenes, it was bright enough to see.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Exelent, well that´s good enough for me. I just heard that it´s a lot brighter and the sound is a lot sharper, I didn´t know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Well, thanks for your replies.
ValtielInvoked
Just Passing Through

Post by ValtielInvoked »

It seems to have a slight brightness addition when it comes to my particular copy,but it's barely noticeable.
Doesn't take away from the movie in the least though.
I reject your reality and substitute my own :]
[img]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6540/vat1psdjf6.jpg[/img]
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

It is brighter, and better so you can see the details better. Also, it seems that Dahlia is easier to understand in the DVD than in the theaters.
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

I dont really notice any different between the version I saw in the theater and the DVD.
Ethos

Post by Ethos »

I didn't either.

Everything looked the same, and my tv is on a brighter setting, so if anything, it looked darker on my tv on auto mode or whatever that thing's called.
seravance
Just Passing Through

Post by seravance »

Are there two versions of the DVD? When I rented it and watched it the other day, I could have sworn that it was Christabella who gave the light to Rose in the end, saying 'the light will attract them but without it you cannot see.' Then I bought the DVD from Wal-Mart and it's a guy in one of those suits suit that says it.

Was it really Christabella who said it or did I just imagine that?
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/Butterflies_and_faeries/Graphics/1122.jpg[/img]
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

Something I noticed in the DVD upon watching it again (I just did that a few hours ago). I could see pyramid head dragging the body in the school when the roaches were everywhere. When I watched the movie in the theaters I could swear that I coudln't see it at all...

Is this a difference anyone noticed?
damjrok
Just Passing Through

Post by damjrok »

Well, I saw Silent Hill at a brand new theater with Digital Projectors and whatever, so it looked basically the same to me at home. Although the ambient sounds are easier to take in at home, which totally explains Dahlia's speeches being more audible.
Dane Cook is not funny
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

Dahlia still has some lines im not entirely sure im hearing right... What does she say on the stairs when it gets all dark... "blahblahblah vengence be careful what you choose"?
TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TerryRed »

The movie Theatres will always be darker than at home on a TV.... its just physics.... thats all. Especially if you are talking about film-using Theatres as opposed to digital projectors (which are much better and which i have).

My setup...

Watching Silent Hill...

This is a using DVI digital projector. Even then...the colours are brighter on a normal TV...it's just the way lighting works..

As for Dahlia... she says "Fire doesn't cleanse... it blackens"

Then she says "Evil wakes in Vengeance...be careful what you choose..."

DVD subtitles are GREAT!!!!
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

Hahaha yeah subtitiles hurrm...

*hides face in shame*.
zaftgirl
Just Passing Through

Post by zaftgirl »

thagerty wrote:The movie Theatres will always be darker than at home on a TV.... its just physics.... thats all. Especially if you are talking about film-using Theatres as opposed to digital projectors (which are much better and which i have).

My setup...

Watching Silent Hill...

This is a using DVI digital projector. Even then...the colours are brighter on a normal TV...it's just the way lighting works..

As for Dahlia... she says "Fire doesn't cleanse... it blackens"

Then she says "Evil wakes in Vengeance...be careful what you choose..."

DVD subtitles are GREAT!!!!
Dude....your house looks so comfy! *drags all the peeps in this thread to go over and watch SH movie at your house* XD
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

Yeah man... that television is freaking EPIC!