School Courtyard

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

SilentSins
Just Passing Through

School Courtyard

Post by SilentSins »

I'm sure others have seen this but... when Rose runs from one building of the school to the courtyard to the other, did anyone else notice that in that hop scotch area, the starting area says "Hell?" I started to notice it after the 3rd time watching it. Could this be Alessa's doing? or been put there by the school children during the whole "witch" incident?
Silver Shamrock
Just Passing Through

Post by Silver Shamrock »

And the ending tile says 'Heaven'
x_Alessa_x
Just Passing Through

Post by x_Alessa_x »

I knew the start of the hopscotch said "Hell" but had not even noticed the "Heaven" at the top.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
My theory behind this is that the children in Alessa's childhood drew their hopscotch games like that. As far as I know for the most part, they and their parents were part of the cult and therefore religious zealots, and so they even brought their religion into simple games like hopscotch.

Didn't know if that even slightly counted as a spoiler. Best to be safe.

I'm trying to understand the whole story of Silent Hill and all, so maybe that sounds like it made no sense....but that's just what I think.

I thought it was pretty neat.
ayajeannebeck
Just Passing Through

Post by ayajeannebeck »

It would make sence, you jump up to the end [heaven], but ultamately return to the start [hell]
And amid the cacophany of shreiks and moans,
cries of help and gushing of blood,

silence sang the loudest of all...
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

ayajeannebeck wrote:It would make sence, you jump up to the end [heaven], but ultamately return to the start [hell]
No. It's more like a Christian concept. When you start (when you're born), you're not saved, you're in Hell, in a sense. Then if you get saved, when you make it to the end and you've stayed pure (stayed on the right path/numbers/etc.) you make it to Heaven. That would be according to them though, that's not truly what Christianity teaches.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
IsoscelesHead
Just Passing Through

Post by IsoscelesHead »

Yeah. My thoughts exactly. They might have taught the kids that at church, and brainwashed them through things like that.
put_here_2_feel_joy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by put_here_2_feel_joy »

lol I drew that hop-scotch in front of my house. I noticed it the first time I watched the movie. *thumbs up*
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/Dredge_/sunsetcopy.jpg[/img]
jsunderland67
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by jsunderland67 »

Huh, interesting. I'll have to look at that.
Only the Dark One opens and closes the door to Silent Hill.
The Necronoir
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Necronoir »

I did notice that, and it brought a smile to my face. Simple, understated, and yet very very effective. It gives you some idea of the great minds behind this movie adaptation. They weren't satisfied simply to do a scene for scene translation, but left their own indelible mark of the series.
Live the nightmare conceived by Adam Crowley:
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9746/nightmarecreaturesiconwx0.png[/img]
Adrasteia
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Adrasteia »

Really enjoyed noticing that in the film. It's the little details...
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I noticed that in the first time I watched the movie... Nice detail; maybe don't mean anything but fulfill the "creepy" requirements for a Silent Hill envoronment...