The town aged but the townsfolk didn't?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Silver Shamrock
Just Passing Through

The town aged but the townsfolk didn't?

Post by Silver Shamrock »

If i'm correct the Silent Hill townsfolk were trapped in Foggy Silent Hill for 30 years.

Which would make sence as the town certainly looked like it had been deserted for that timescale. Yet none of the townsfolk had aged atall?

So if they all didn't die in the end wouldn't Foggy Silent Hill eventually crumble away around them?
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

The town aged? What?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Haven't the people aged? Most of those thumpers look old and gaunt.

Maybe in some respect they have continued to function as a sort of real society, for instance, Anna might have been born after the apocalypse.

Obviously, I am not one of those who believe the cultists are really dead until Alessa gives everyone the power of five blades with the precision of one.
Silver Shamrock
Just Passing Through

Post by Silver Shamrock »

Yes i just assumed the town had aged.

Everything was old looking. Cars were old and rusty. Paint was cracking and peeling etc It looked exactly how a town would look if deserted for 30 years. Which is about how long it had been sat there deserted.

Notice how Rose's house was not in the same condition at the end of the film. Even though she and Sharon were still in the 'foggy' alternate plane.

As for the villagers themselves i realise lots of them looked pretty old but not all. Don't forget that there was no children, they were all burned so it seems. Which means that it was highly unlikely that Anna was born in 'Foggy' Silent Hill.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I think the lack of children is due to two factors:

1. It wouldn't do to have Alessa slaughter a bunch of kids in the end sequence. A ratings consideration above anything else.

2. Fucking doesn't seem to be a big past time for the Order

Several characters (Xtabella, Dahlia) have clearly aged. Anna might be close to thirty, certainly not much more. At best, she was a child when she was sucked into Silent Hill.
jblue
Just Passing Through

Post by jblue »

DO NOT care Any Details!
Everyone keep starting a wrong point, which try to explain all the detail we saw in the movie, but movie is of A Completely Commercial Purpose, there is no surprise why a ghost driving a car, nor a ghost being rekilled.....
We just watch it and enjoy the whole Framework of the story.
But according to Anna's age, I bet it not over 30, so It's kinda ridiculous that she was a human and be grown in that area. I prefer assume that the people around there, were never aged---maybe could be worn on the appearance, but not biologically aged.
I reply for an English-Practising reason, so don't make it serious. :twisted:
I am a Conter-Zionism for god's sake.
darcyb
Just Passing Through

Post by darcyb »

Considering they're in a self-imposed world/stasis of some kind, which means not still traditionally biological, why would one expect any aging on the character's part? A car doesn't consciously keep itself in its drama, so it ages. The people, are reliving their bull sh1t over and over, and keeping themselves in a timeless loop.

The cars, buildings, and trash cans occupy space on either planes. The people don't.
frost18286
Just Passing Through

Post by frost18286 »

After watching the movie I was wondering about the aging too, but more in Sharon's case. If she was dropped off at an orphanage before Alessa was burned 30 years prior, wouldn't that make 30 years old?
jblue
Just Passing Through

Post by jblue »

Upstair one, Alessa was burned anout 10, then suffering for twenty years, when she was about 30, Demon Evil torn out the Nice part of Alessa---the doughter little Sharon came, and ten more years later, you've already seen what's happened.
The most strangous sence in my mind was, at the ending when I completely saw Alessa's face and body, I notice that she's grown, she's aged, she's the only one that met the biological changes, but the else ones in the church, they didn't instead.
I am a Conter-Zionism for god's sake.
darcyb
Just Passing Through

Post by darcyb »

After having read a flurry of really brilliant posts in here, I'd like to take back my non-aging argument. :)
InsideTheMirror
Just Passing Through

Post by InsideTheMirror »

Oh, they aged just look at the mother. They also may or may not have reproduced do to doing the naughty. :shock:
Your the man now dog!
www.ytmnd.com