not too important but an inconsistancy i found in the movie

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

not too important but an inconsistancy i found in the movie

Post by Jim beam was yo dADDY »

When chris first pulls up to the bridge he says nothing about a missing daughter, only his wife. Gucci then says something along the lines of " and if i know officer bennet she's out there looking for you wife and your DAUGHTER " how did he know? could be a goof or maybey there is more to gucci then meets the eye? I didn't turst him in the movie although he is a sympathetic charecter. i have read topics about how gucci could be a servent of some higher power.

btw i know my avatar is too big, im in the proccess of uploading a smaller version of it, im just on the snail speed 56 kand the web is very unforgiving.[/spoiler]
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

It goes without saying that Cybil likely sent information via radio to her precinct sometime after investigating the car at the gas station and before disappearing into Silent Hill.

How else would the cops even know to be looking in Silent Hill?
Figurine
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Figurine »

true, its not like some patient demon standing by the side of the road saw the car go through the gate and then happen to call the police 8)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/StrangeEmily/Silent%20Hill/mariasig.gif[/img]
Adrasteia
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Adrasteia »

Weird, too: the crash doesn't happen until after they break through the gate and drive for a while, yet the stopped car is very close to the edge of the road where the world breaks off and the bridge reappears when going home. Not sure if this is supposed to show how their souls were driving into Alessa's domain, yet their real selves stopped moving immediately after the break in worlds or what.
shot_at
Just Passing Through

Post by shot_at »

Sharon did recover from that crash awful quick, didn't really seem all too bothered for my liking, I reckon a sitting down and talking to to try and calm her down would have been appropriate, maybe give her some juice.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/riotsandradiowaves/sh3nurse09copylm5.jpg[/img]
Heather
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather »

No one can be sure what happens to Sharon between the time of the accident and when we see her at Dahlia's house. I'd say it's very likely that Sharon was wondering around the town (possibly 'sleep walking' or something like that) when Dahlia found her, shortly after her encounter with Rose and took her to 'safety'. It's unlikely that Sharon would have gone with Dahlia in a full state of awareness, or maybe she was regaining some of Alessa's memories and felt she could somehow trust her.

As for the title question, it's almost doubtless that Cybil would have radio'd back to the precinct with information on the car and driver. Either just after they pulled away from the gas station, or while she was running back to her bike what Rose sped off.
[img]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3387/newsh2nk0.png[/img]
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

If that was true that Dahlia found her, it would have had to been after Dahlia met with Rose in the locket scene. Otherwise Dahlia would not have been so dramatic. But Sharon sleeping-walking away from the car is a good assumption.
Heather
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Heather »

I'd say it definitely had to happen between the scene with the locket and the sequence on the Church stairs. And went looking for Sharon herself. Possibly Dahlia found her as she left the Church, as the world was alternating.
[img]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3387/newsh2nk0.png[/img]
Jim beam was yo dADDY
Just Passing Through

Post by Jim beam was yo dADDY »

I have also wondered why the demon at the end climbed all the way out of the fire to look at sharon, i thought while first watching the movie that some how the demon had ulterior motives and she was using rose to get to sharon, but maybey she just wanted to glimpse at mother and child reunited? then again after the climax sharon acts diffrent. not post dramatic deppression diffrent either. And yeah, how did the car get so far, yet be abandoned at the end of the bridge?
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe
Adrasteia
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Adrasteia »

There's also the scene where Rose is first wandering into town from her car and appears to be wearing a small carabiner around her neck on a chain, but no locket. Then once she gets into the downstairs level of that bowling alley, it becomes a locket again and stays that way through the rest of the movie. Mostly what I don't get is the sound of impact when they 'crash', yet there are no marks on the car and it hasn't run into anything.
Cybil Bennett
Just Passing Through

My 50th Post YEA!

Post by Cybil Bennett »

drumattica wrote:There's also the scene where Rose is first wandering into town from her car and appears to be wearing a small carabiner around her neck on a chain, but no locket. Then once she gets into the downstairs level of that bowling alley, it becomes a locket again and stays that way through the rest of the movie. Mostly what I don't get is the sound of impact when they 'crash', yet there are no marks on the car and it hasn't run into anything.
I was just getting ready to write about Rose wearing a small carabiner on the same chain that her locket it supposed to be on. I didn't notice that the locket appeared on the chain until she was showing it to Dahlia. I guess I'm going to have to watch the movie again.
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/Cybil_Bennett/CybilBennett.jpg[/img]

I can't tell you to remember me, but I can't bear you to forget me.

avatar by dish01 and signature by Dunkel_Teufel. U rock!