A Question for the fans of the games.

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

MrGillespie
Just Passing Through

A Question for the fans of the games.

Post by MrGillespie »

I'm a fan of the games myself, but I've always wondered why so many people would like a direct adaptation of the game in the movies? Wouldn't that be kinda boring since you know what would happen for the most part? I mean sure, it'd be different, but the major story changes would be the same. I'm not trying to be rude or judgemental, I just wanted to know why people would prefer that?

Personally I think its more interesting to base it on the games but not exactly. Kinda like what they did with this movie. Some of the characters were the same but the major plot was altered a bit. That way both the gamers and the non-gamers would both have an original cinema experience, but still be able to point out references.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/pvsinger_kfox/eragonbanner-1.gif[/img]

"Into the fire, she swallowed their hate."

-Dahlia Gillespie
scarab
Just Passing Through

Post by scarab »

I thought it was a lot better than Resident Evil. Two billion times better than House Of The Dead.

I like to see the creatures in action. Silent Hill has had some of the best creatures in the Horror genre and to see them moving on the big screen was quite a treat.

Also, the making of features on the DVD are quite awesome to watch, even though when watching it you realize that they cut out the Anna/Patient Demon scene from the final movie.
I need a miracle and not someone's charity.
frenchy
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by frenchy »

I see it like this - if it's a direct adaptation there's not much chance for them to fuck it up. But if they were able to let their imaginations run wild it might not turn out so good, therefore it would not be liked as much.
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/emu_kid/bubbleheadnurse_1copycopy.jpg[/img]
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

Even if it was the same story, it would have the same effect. Yeah, you know the plot and storyline events as they come in order. But you would still be watching it instead of playing through it, and it would be presented in a real time manner as movies are made rather than through cutscenes and gameplay.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

scarab I think your avatar is too big
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

I'd love to see a direct adaptation of SH1. But only if they did it right. Yeah, I'd know exactly what happens next, but that wouldn't make it any less special. I loved the SH movie, saw it the day it came out, bought the DVD the day it came out.

But they had better get good actors and they better act like the characters, they need to talk, act and feel like those from the game. The settings also have to be equally as freaky as they were in the game. Alchemilla Hospital still gives the creeps, and it had better in any movie. "Nowhere" makes me feel lost and isolated, cut off from the world and it better in the movie too.

Personally, I'd like to see direct adaptations of all the games, but they had better get it right if they don't want angry fans outside their studio with emergency hammers and steel pipes :wink:
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down