Silent hill movie Vs. Resident Evil 1 movie.

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

RE Vs SH

SH
87%
RE
13%

Total votes: 211

Phantom
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Phantom »

They were both good, but they definitely had their flaws. However, I did like SH better. As for RE, I thought 2 was better than 1.
[color=blue]See if you're still so relaxed when your eyeballs bleed.[/color]
LanceS133
Historical Society Historian

Post by LanceS133 »

I was just thinking yesterday about how the RE movie series panned out and how dissapointed I am with it. Ever since I played the first one I wanted a movie and after so many other games were released I got more excited about it. I havn't even bothered to see the 3rd movie yet, I can not stand Milla Jovovich, they totally ruined the whole movie series for me.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Goodnight
Historical Society Historian

Post by Goodnight »

Sorry, but Resident Evil all the way. They didn't try to bring in old, complex characters and re-vamp them the way SH did, and Pyramid Head, the Patients and the Bobblehead Nurses had no place in the SH1 world. In RE1, they used generic RE enemies who looked exactly like they did in-game.

I know I'm probably the only RE fan in the world who loves the movie series despite its many glaring flaws and deficiencies, but I just like them for what they are; zombie movies (and although I don't like Alice too much, I -do- like Milla Jovovich).

My major problem with Silent Hill is that I love the characters so much that I can't overlook the issues the way I can with Resident Evil. Especially poor Cybil.
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

I love SH, but I liked RE as well. SH stuck with the game storyline a lot more than RE. But, dude it is a SH forum.....
Life changes daily so go with it!
Yunee
Just Passing Through

Post by Yunee »

It's a really close call for me, because I enjoyed both, but I had to vote Silent hill- it was creepy, interesting,beautiful- everything the games are about. RE movie was all action, not close enough to the style of the game. Besides- I used to fear Nemesis, the RE movies made him look like a pussycat, he was so easy for Alice to beat :lol:
[img]http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/218/0/2/You_bet__they_die____by_Yunee.jpg[/img]

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.
agawa
Just Passing Through

Post by agawa »

I had to go with the RE movies. The first two were fun zombie flicks - stupid, yes, but fun. The SH movie is just...stupid. Beautiful, but still much less fun, and certainly not a better film.
...Now, the third RE movie I walked out on, and got my money back. That one was horrid.
Nyx
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nyx »

RE. 'Specially the very first one. I've never played the games, to be honest, so I can't compare, but I very much enjoyed the movies. 'Course, Milla is one of my absolute favorite actresses, so that's the main reason I decided to check them out in the first place.
ControlFreak
Subway Guard

Post by ControlFreak »

The Silent Hill movie was much closer to the series than the first (or any) of the Resident Evil movies. So, I have to say Silent Hill.

But, I do like the RE movies - I just wished they hadn't called them RE movies. :P
Caine
Just Passing Through

Post by Caine »

Well after watching RE1&2 (i still didnt watch 3) i really was pissed and thought how bad things could be. sure there were more bad game adaptions but RE1 is still super stupid but RE2 is much more idiotic with all these pseudo action sequences and totally crap presentation with no RE character.... i somehow enjoy RE1 as a tv movie when it's aired but come on, i thought after the first part they wouldnt do a sequel, seems this crap somehow was more accepted than i thought....

the only hope for a RE movie is the animated one getting out someday ! i think this will be a true RE movie, not these hollywood crap with no RE factor.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

I am so sick and tired of rez series period, game or movie. zombies are soo overrated. :roll: Silent hill at least kept with the feel of the game and sure the cultists were the dumbest shit I would never have come up with, but they did portray dahlia better then what I expected. who knew dahlia could be such a sad sight? (in a good way)
as far as rez, after that first 10 minutes is when it the shit really hit the fan
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
SHSharpshooter
Just Passing Through

Post by SHSharpshooter »

You know, I'm a fan of zombie movies. I've seen all of the 'of the Dead' movies and the remakes thus far. And even though they aren't zombies per se, I have seen all of the I Am Legend/Omega Man related films as well.

However, I prefer the Silent Hill film over the Resident Evil film because it followed more of the story. The SH movie altered the characters, which pissed me off, but at least it flowed with the game.

Resident Evil came out of left field and left me entirely confused. Who is Alice? Where is Chris Redfield? When did this happen? Where is Jill Valentine? The Resident Evil movie, like the DOOM, movie would have been better off as just another sci-fi action flick.
[img]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5676/shimsigms0.jpg[/img]
[i]"What is THIS? What are these...things! Why won't you leave me alone?!"[/i]
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

Sorry if I offended anyone with my comment about zombies being overrated, but I am just not into zombies that walk around dumb-founded and stupid looking and I don't find them creepy one iota. We all have different opinions about what is creepy. Silent Hill movie had that disturbing, creepy feeling(first time) while resident evil was just a shoot-em-up action bullshit. I guess I always root for the underdogs (meaning the lesser known)
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by