Silent hill movie Vs. Resident Evil 1 movie.

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

RE Vs SH

SH
87%
RE
13%

Total votes: 211

emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

I liked SH better and not just because it is SH. I am a huge RE fan and could
have a love for either or without prejudice.

Sh stayed true to the atmosphere and help way more elements in which tied it
to the game/games. You could turn on SH and automatically know that that was what was on.

RE did not stay true to the game/games. It just kind of did it's own thing and cast
aside the original storyline. If I turned on RE the movie it may take a few minutes
for me to figure out what the hell I was watching. There really was nothing to
standoutish about the movie to me.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
CherryHoleGrrrl
Just Passing Through

Post by CherryHoleGrrrl »

i think they tried too hard to make the first re movie appeal to non-gamers because they were trying to pull in more money to make sequels, etc and kind of fucked it up in the process.

i guess i gotta give to sh for the atmosphere, like everyone else.
Silent Hill Fan
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Hill Fan »

There is really no comparison of the two films. The Resident Evil games are awesome, but the movies suck! Silent Hill on the other hand, is a wonderful movie.
Deathrow
Just Passing Through

Post by Deathrow »

The silent hill movie at least stayed faithfull to the game. RE was just action and RE Apocalypse was just action and craziness which made that film completely unwatchable. I am a massive RE fan and to tell the truth i kind of prefer the RE games to the silent hill ones. I play silent hill less often though and it is a much scarier game than RE. Anyway .........what was i saying.....oh yea the silent hill movie was ok and thats about it. RE movie was just plain awefull.
Dream_Demon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dream_Demon »

Silent Hill was a WAAAAAAY better game to film adaption in almost every aspect. I enjoy the Resident Evil movies, but not to the extent that makes them actual good films.
Silent Hill, so peaceful
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Hill, so peaceful »

This is a Silent Hill fan forum, you'll be hard pressed to find someone who votes against the movie I think.
Exactly. But let me try at the Resevil forum and see how they feel... :lol:
"I am (Silent Hill, so peaceful)...if you want me to be!"- Silent Hill 2

It's the story that happened yesterday, but I know it's tomorrow.
Loveless_Dogg
Historical Society Historian

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

Resident Evil was the better movie because I didn't feel embarassed for watching it afterwards.
....Plus who doesn't love a good Zombie flick? :P
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
ilovemaria
Just Passing Through

Post by ilovemaria »

i am a fan of them too
but re1 was perfect
sweet_weeping_silence
Just Passing Through

Post by sweet_weeping_silence »

I am a big RE fan too, but I found that the RE movies weren't done very well. I mean, common, Nemesis was never nice, he never helped out anyone. I know that the SH movies didn't stay 100% true to the original storyline, but I enjoyed watching it more than the RE movies. The first RE though, was pretty good, better than the second one anyways.
Xx----at one end sits the seducer of she----xX
Silent Hill, so peaceful
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Hill, so peaceful »

Let's try doing the same topic in a Resident Evil forum, and then post the page to us so we can see what people say. I'll bet Resident Evil will win!
"I am (Silent Hill, so peaceful)...if you want me to be!"- Silent Hill 2

It's the story that happened yesterday, but I know it's tomorrow.
Heartbroken_Heather
Just Passing Through

Post by Heartbroken_Heather »

I picked RE not because I am any less of an SH fan, but because I expected more from the SH movie. Too high a standard, I guess.
"Don't you know? Your power is needed."
JOHNNYBEGOOD
Just Passing Through

Post by JOHNNYBEGOOD »

The Silent Hill movie was really what got me into Silent Hill in the first place, so I'll go with it.
[size=167]ಠ_ಠ[/size]
IamDemensentis
Just Passing Through

Post by IamDemensentis »

The reason why I liked SH better than RE1/2 was the fact that SH was trying to be a horrorfilm (even if it didn't succeed for my part) while Resident Evil was more of an actionmovie (Even though the Resident Evil games included a helluva lot of action, it always had some kind of horror in it, at least the first 3 games..)

Plus, fighting zombiedogs with perfect jumpkicks? Not my cup of tea :lol:
Mannen i svart sprang, och revolvermannnen följde efter. - Det Mörka Tornet 1

Oh! Is it garbage day?!

"Ah! Global warming went up 10%, just as wanted!"
TessannaDelone
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TessannaDelone »

Honestly the resident evil movie pissed me off a lot less then the silent hill movie. While the resident evil movie felt like it moved in a different direction from the games the silent hill movie actually felt like they dumbed its story down to reach a bigger audience. On the other hand Pyramid head made me squeal much more then the licker
[b]User Deactivated -- Underage.[/b]
Salem
Just Passing Through

Post by Salem »

Neither were great pieces of cinema in my opinion, but fun action/whatever movies. I guess I liked the SH one better because I'll take atmosphere over a lot of action anyday. However, the thought of Michelle Rodriguez... it almost compensates.
"Salem, you are wrong. You are wrong because you are seeing it from a different point of view."- Someone on another forum.

But yeah... that pretty much sums me up.
der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by der Morgenstern Czigany »

Both movies are great.
Both movies are my favorite.
Both movies can't be compared.
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/Isis-Osiris-Horus/RestlessDreams.jpg[/img]
[size=84]*Feel free to browse: http://www.youtube.com/89Winters .[/size]
Scanman22
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Scanman22 »

Paul Anderson is a retard! Why did he make a movie called "Resident Evil" if it wasn't going to be based on the games at all???? He should have called it "Techno Mutant Zombie Killer"! What a hack! Extinction looks like garbage as well. . .

And @ ilovemaria who said - "i am a fan of them too but re1 was perfect"

Perfect how? How the hell was it perfect in any way? The only thing it had in common with the game was that there is a mansion and a virus made by Umbrella. The rest is entirely different. Why oh why did they not follow the game in the least! They should have allowed George Romero film his version of Resident Evil! It least it took place in the mansion and had characters named Chris, Jill, Barry and Wesker. Not some crappy superhuman named Alice and her live in boyfriend becoming a Nemesis. Man, the rape of the RE movies makes me so angry! The worst part is, the movie studio thinks its good stuff and keeps giving Anderson the reigns to continue spurting out this nonsensical garbage! BOO! Perfect, my ass. . .
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

I actually really enjoy watching RE1 for all it's over the top glory, but I still prefer to watch Silent Hill. The second RE movie was just dredful, and Nemesis (although I never really found him that scary in the game) lost all his 'eek' about him and just became a sorta cute mascot lol.

I agree the acting in SH1 wasn't amazing, but let's face it, we've all seen a lot worse *looks in Uwe Boll's general direction*
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
greenrizz
Just Passing Through

Post by greenrizz »

Lets face it, the resident evil movie just sold on its name, it got bad reviews all over the internet aswel. but the silent hill movie is much more inttesting, even though it has little relevance to the main silent hill game story.
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

all of these movies l prefer to watch completely shitfaced. ESPECIALLY silent hill. it makes the movies tolerable.