Dimensions explained in movie?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Mikari
Just Passing Through

Dimensions explained in movie?

Post by Mikari »

I was reading an interview and found the following.

"Q: What's your favorite scene in the movie?

My favorite scene in that movie… it’s difficult. I have some scenes that I like but in the film I have to transcribe hell and purgatory. The Darkness is hell and of course the foggy dimension is Purgatory.

At one moment I have to shoot something which looks like heaven. I think that’s my favorite sequence in the film. It’s a small sequence, but that’s my way to shoot heaven"

Opens up a lot of questions in the whole "alive/dead" debate if nothing else.

http://horror.about.com/od/movierelated ... gans_4.htm for the exact page.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

He was probably speaking in allegory and metaphor, in my opinion. I don't think Alessa is powerful enough to CREATE Heaven and Hell.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
special_b
Just Passing Through

Post by special_b »

I always thought Rose running into that white light when she is fleeing the nurses represented Heaven. That's probably not right, but that's how it struck me.

I agree with Aura. I doubt Alessa, demon influence or not, would be able to actually create such places. I don't even think the dimensions within Silent Hill are Purgatory and Hell in literal terms, it's being used metaphorically in that they have similar features of the literal Purgatory and Hell. In the foggy world you are trapped and can't get out, only to be judged and descend into the dark world, where fear and hate lurks around every corner.
Numboy
Gravedigger

Post by Numboy »

Maybe she can. she can switch from the purgatory to hell in a blink of an eye. maybe she can create heaven and hell (in the movie that is...)
[img]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6431/sigop2rt1.gif[/img]
Thanks to HammeringInMyHead for Re-Master this Sig... Awesome..
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, but then you gotta ask yourself where the souls of everyone else went for the past billions of years. Travelling dimensions and creating them is two entirely different things of huuuugely different magnitudes.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
special_b
Just Passing Through

Post by special_b »

I believe that there had to be some kind of demon or demonic force involved for this to happen. A little girl of 9 who has just been horribly burned, even if she has all that 'hate burning up inside of her', is not going to be able to do such things to an entire town without some kind of assistance from a third party. This, I think, is what most people gathered.

Moving on, this 'demon' had a link to hell, and was able to manipulate Alessa's pain and anger in order to swamp the town with hellish attributes. Not hell itself, just a reflection of that. If it were actually hell, you'd think just about anyone could wander in. But they can't.

I'm not sure if that made any sense, I'm just thinking out loud.
s4m.fish3r
Just Passing Through

Post by s4m.fish3r »

Numboy wrote:Maybe she can. she can switch from the purgatory to hell in a blink of an eye. maybe she can create heaven and hell (in the movie that is...)
agree...we dont know what she can do.
[img]http://img288.imageshack.us/img288/1137/sigishzu1.jpg[/img]
Thanks Amy for Firstaid Kit =)
Numboy
Gravedigger

Post by Numboy »

She created PH. I think she has great power..
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

again, making one monster and creating an entire world are two different things.
Numboy
Gravedigger

Post by Numboy »

But "she's got the power"... to create worlds and monsters. damn, if any of that was truth in real life. i would burn the mamifuckers up who were pickin on me... (or some others, just for fun..)
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

How do you know the capacity--or for that matter, limits--of her power? She was granted it by that weird Demon thing, so.. chances are the alternate dimensions are just that: alternate dimensions. Not heaven & hell--certainly not a dimension that could possibly rival heaven or hell.t

It's her own personal niche in reality used for punishing those who she believes deserve punishment. That should be apparent enough from watching and understanding the film.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Numboy
Gravedigger

Post by Numboy »

I think that with Krist's post the subject is covered, ain't it???
samddmas
Just Passing Through

Post by samddmas »

special_b wrote:and descend into the dark world, where fear and hate lurks around every corner.
Sounds like some cities in England.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

^Ba-Ziiiiing
n30sniip3r
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by n30sniip3r »

that's kinda...different to think about.
Mother is God in the eyes of a child.