Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 23 May 2017




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Problems with Silent Hill on PS3
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 07 Apr 2006
Notes left: 16
I decided to try playing Silent Hill on my PS3, if for nothing but the freedom of a decent wireless controller. Much to my dismay there is a big problem with the game on PS3. The first time I fired the handgun, this very loud and annoying buzzing sound started which does not go away until you switch areas. This makes the game totally unplayable. Makes me sad. :(


Top
   
 

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 Aug 2004
Notes left: 1123
Last seen at: Overlook Hotel
You probably need to download the newest updates for PS3 thru network updates. They will make fixes to the emulator/firmware etc as time goes on.

http://www.us.playstation.com/ps3/network/updates


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 Aug 2006
Notes left: 78
Last seen at: Brookhaven Psych Ward :)
Wow, I kinda wondered what would happen if you put a PS1 game on a PS3 console...Did anything else happen?

_________________
Image
By the wonderful nuggetmilf :)


Top
   
 

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 29 May 2006
Notes left: 1096
Last seen at: Mormons HQ
yep Ive heard about all these problems with PSX games on PS3 - it sad indeed. Like screen is wiped or isn't stretched properly or in 1080i black color turns out to be gray etc crap// Prehaps patches are going to fix them but somehow I wouldn't expect it since basic stuff shuld already be done. + consider yourself lucky that you didn't meet the regional issues becuse they are still present even though PS3 games itself doesn't not have'em


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 07 Apr 2006
Notes left: 16
silenthell88 wrote:
You probably need to download the newest updates for PS3 thru network updates. They will make fixes to the emulator/firmware etc as time goes on.

http://www.us.playstation.com/ps3/network/updates


Oh, I keep my PS3 up to date, I just updated it to the latest version right now and still have the same problem.


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 21 Dec 2006
Notes left: 879
Last seen at: Edinburgh, UK
You guys are lucky to own a PS3. they aren't out here in the UK untill March and then i won't be getting one for a few years untill the price drops....I'll start saving for one


Top
   
 

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 Aug 2004
Notes left: 1123
Last seen at: Overlook Hotel
Varshes wrote:
silenthell88 wrote:
You probably need to download the newest updates for PS3 thru network updates. They will make fixes to the emulator/firmware etc as time goes on.

http://www.us.playstation.com/ps3/network/updates


Oh, I keep my PS3 up to date, I just updated it to the latest version right now and still have the same problem.


The system just came out. I said over time. They'll make fixes as time goes on. They kept updating the PS2 all the way til the PS3 came out. It's a non-stop process of working out bugs. First releases of systems are always the buggiest.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 May 2006
Notes left: 2647
Last seen at: Bristol
Why are the next-gen consoles always so shitty when they're brand-new?

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Not sure, but I feel bad for all the people who risked gunshot wounds to buy one. I won't be looking for a PS3 until a game that I want is released on it.

_________________
I'm not dead yet, dammit.


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 25 Apr 2006
Notes left: 826
Last seen at: the place of broken dreams and mirrors
^ Likewise. Although I'll have to pay off this laptop first, so hopefully they'll wait on some games to keep my drooling at bay. :p


Top
   
 

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 11 May 2006
Notes left: 1070
Last seen at: Computer Lab at Midwich Elementary
Once reports come in that certain games aren't playing right, patches will probably be made to download for specific titles.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 Aug 2006
Notes left: 78
Last seen at: Brookhaven Psych Ward :)
Yeah, I'll probably stick to a PS2... but I'll be heart-broken if they put Silent Hill 5 on the PS3, but not the XBox 360.

The XBox 360 wouldn't even let me play SH 2 and 4 when I got it. I don't even know if they have added those games on...

_________________
Image
By the wonderful nuggetmilf :)


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 26 May 2005
Notes left: 205
Last seen at: Fort Worth, Texas
> I won't be looking for a PS3 until a game that I want is released on it.

Yeah, that's what I plan on doing. No sense in fighting other shoppers and paying ridiculously high prices for a system when there's no game I want for it yet.

_________________
Image
you know she moves like sin.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Jun 2005
Notes left: 48
I feel sorry for US PS3 users, they're like beta testers for European release.


Top
   
 

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 29 May 2006
Notes left: 1096
Last seen at: Mormons HQ
atb100 wrote:
I feel sorry for US PS3 users, they're like beta testers for European release.


we will get couple of patches but still PS3 has no interesting titles for now . I wouldnt buy PS3 to play SH1 atm anyway


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject: Re: Problems with Silent Hill on PS3
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 26 Dec 2006
Notes left: 358
Last seen at: IN UR HOZPITL, KILLIN UR NURSEZ
Varshes wrote:
I decided to try playing Silent Hill on my PS3, if for nothing but the freedom of a decent wireless controller. Much to my dismay there is a big problem with the game on PS3. The first time I fired the handgun, this very loud and annoying buzzing sound started which does not go away until you switch areas. This makes the game totally unplayable. Makes me sad. :(


Then stick with the iron pipe! ^^'

hardcore players stick with melee :D

_________________
Rule no. 34: If it exists, there is porn for it.
In het zwart - door een gat in de nacht - aan het heden ontsnapt. - J.A. Deelder


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Mar 2006
Notes left: 158
Last seen at: Otherside/Nowhere
You know, there's 2 generations of hard- and software between PS one and PS3, so I can bear these litlle glitches that ocurs on some older games (read: PSX games). IT would be much worse if the new games wouldn't work or the new hardware would bug.

So it's better to unwrap your old PSX than whine about PS3, that wasn't desingned for PSX games

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Problems with Silent Hill on PS3
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 Jun 2006
Notes left: 112
Last seen at: In my pants
Varshes wrote:
I decided to try playing Silent Hill on my PS3, if for nothing but the freedom of a decent wireless controller. Much to my dismay there is a big problem with the game on PS3. The first time I fired the handgun, this very loud and annoying buzzing sound started which does not go away until you switch areas. This makes the game totally unplayable. Makes me sad. :(

Then just pop it into your Ps2 X.x
Easy fix, eh?

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 07 Apr 2006
Notes left: 16
Pyramid wrote:
You know, there's 2 generations of hard- and software between PS one and PS3, so I can bear these litlle glitches that ocurs on some older games (read: PSX games). IT would be much worse if the new games wouldn't work or the new hardware would bug.

So it's better to unwrap your old PSX than whine about PS3, that wasn't desingned for PSX games


My intention wasn't to whine about it, sure I have a PS1 and a PS2 I could play it in, I was merely reporting it. I've transfered all of my PS1 and PS2 saves to my PS3, doing this it could be a one-stop PS gaming machine, and I could save space by only having my PS3 out.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 9
I think it is definite that Silent Hill 5 will be released for ps3 :wink:

_________________
It is the Mark Of Samael !
Don't let it be completed!!


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron