Problems with Silent Hill on PS3

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Pyramid
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Pyramid »

Varshes wrote: My intention wasn't to whine about it, sure I have a PS1 and a PS2 I could play it in, I was merely reporting it. I've transfered all of my PS1 and PS2 saves to my PS3, doing this it could be a one-stop PS gaming machine, and I could save space by only having my PS3 out.
Youre right, you weren't whining, I chose my words badly, so sorry about that.

Didn't meant to be rude.
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j238/jeffrey_only/SHsingnature1new.png[/img]
xlespaul420x
Just Passing Through

Post by xlespaul420x »

lol good thing you posted this, i thought my ps3 was just messing up with my old games. but yeah, everytime i fire the handgun at those terodactyl things, that screeching thing goes on until i load a new screen or something
[img]http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7871/jamesph001ln0.jpg[/img]
OrlandoEastwood
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by OrlandoEastwood »

It would be smart if Sony would just get the game and see how many of the Silent Hill Games they could fit on 1 Blu-Ray disc. So then More Americans can get lazy by not getting up to switch the discs and then give Sony more money.
www.orlandoeastwoodfilms.tk // http://orlando-eastwood.tripod.com
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/OrlandoEastwoodFilms?feature=mhw4#p/a]Click here to view the Teaser Trailer & Behind the Scenes footage of [i]Trauma[/i]![/url]
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

Appears that Euro PS3 will have yet smaller compatibility with PS2 games. Sony said once 100% backwartd compatibility and now they chokin with it
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

The backward compatibility won't necessarily be smaller for European PS3s, it'll just be handled in a different way. In order to make the system approximately 6% cheaper, Sony will be excluding the physical components necessary for hardware-based backward compatibility in favor of the relatively cheap -- yet more versatile (though far from verbatim) -- process of software emulation. Basically they're doing exactly what they had always ripped on Micrsoft for doing.

Patience is the darkest side of power.
HeresJohnny
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by HeresJohnny »

For as much as the damn thing costs it should at least make waffles or see the future.
Scarlet
Historical Society Historian

Post by Scarlet »

That really pisses me off... needing software updates to make the games compatible. I still have PS1 and PS2, but what if my PS2 dies on me? Will I have to buy another one just to be able to play my games? Sony should have thought about it seriously and not try to fix things by using some kind of emulator.... :evil:
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

OrlandoEastwood wrote:It would be smart if Sony would just get the game and see how many of the Silent Hill Games they could fit on 1 Blu-Ray disc. So then More Americans can get lazy by not getting up to switch the discs and then give Sony more money.
You do realize that you're American, too? Hawaii's part of the States.

From everything that I've heard about these new consoles, I don't want them at all. I probably won't even by SH5 until the price goes down and I have free time for it. I'm just not that interested in games these days... so little out there intrigues me.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
extreme-nero
Hope House Careworker

Post by extreme-nero »

From everything that I've heard about these new consoles, I don't want them at all. I probably won't even by SH5 until the price goes down and I have free time for it. I'm just not that interested in games these days... so little out there intrigues me.
yea most of them are film license games or crap spin offs of games that have been done before and better, it makes me long for days when games companies pushed boundries with there games :roll: such metal gear solid 1 , gta 3 and dino crisis :D
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

I'm buying PS3 because I've already pre-ordered Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and Final Fantasy XIII. Since all the games will be released no sooner than 2008, I have plenty of time to buy the console. Maybe by then the price will drop and the software is working nicely.
HuMaNoId X
Just Passing Through

Post by HuMaNoId X »

Has anyone tried playing SH1 on the PS3 in a HDTV? The game looks HORRIBLE, I cant even see, its all pixlated and washed out, and I keep my PS3 updated always. Now SH3 looks ok, just ok not great. I have SH2 for xbox but the damn 360 won't run it, it does run SH4 but I never liked it enough to play it a 2nd time.
Nemi79
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Nemi79 »

Xbox games don't run on Xbox 360 ? :shock:
That's horrible!!
Darkness lurks even in the minds of the innocente
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

Nemi79 wrote:Xbox games don't run on Xbox 360 ? :shock:
That's horrible!!
The original Xbox's graphics chip was made by Nvidia, while the 360's is made by ATI, so the only old games that will work for this generation are the ones they spend the time to emulate. Not terribly exciting.

And yes, Humanoid, I know exactly what you're talking about. SH1 looks like rocks in a blender on an HDTV, and the situation only worsens with the PS3. Better display capabilities magnify the increased discrepancy between source resolutions.

Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

Awwww :'( this sucks ass!
I wan't them to remake it!
Just snaz up the graphics, and realise it for the PS3 nothing more
Dr. Gordon
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Dr. Gordon »

well, at least I know now that I should hold on to my PS2. Any way you could take some pictures to show what it looks like on the PS3?
Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

As with the positive aspects of high definition television, engine handling flaws -- which the PS2's not completely devoid of either -- aside, the nastiness with SH1 on the PS3/HDTV combo is directly and exclusively characteristic of the way the HDTV itself presents the image. Some sets are worse than others, but most monitors could scale the image to look just fine, so an image on a monitor truly wouldn't illustrate much.

Deathrow
Just Passing Through

Post by Deathrow »

Hopefully silent hill 5 will be for 360 since 360 is becoming really popular to more and more company's now. Even capcom have noticed the sucess of 360. I guess i will 'eventually' get the PS3, but not untill like........5 years from now when its dropped £150.
butters
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Problems with Silent Hill on PS3

Post by butters »

Varshes wrote:I decided to try playing Silent Hill on my PS3, if for nothing but the freedom of a decent wireless controller. Much to my dismay there is a big problem with the game on PS3. The first time I fired the handgun, this very loud and annoying buzzing sound started which does not go away until you switch areas. This makes the game totally unplayable. Makes me sad. :(
After reading this, I tried SH on my PS3 that I recently bought. It only started buzzing when I shot an enemy, but either way, it sucks. I also tried Tomb Raider 4 on it, and the graphics were noticeably more blocky than usual. I'll probably just play all my old games on the PS2.
Myrrh Macho Sehr Gacho
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Same problem here. SH1 is just TERRIBLE! I have an HD TV and I couldn't be worst! I'll keep playing in my PS2 because it's not worth to play the games on PS3. This disappoints me a lot.
freako104
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by freako104 »

I plan to get a PS3 at some point. I take it, I should keep my PS1 and PS2 since games seem to be worse for the PS3 or is it just SH?