Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 09 Dec 2019

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Nov 2005
Notes left: 289
Last seen at: Seattle
I remember speaking to you about this particular sound once before, and I don't think you had heard it as of that time. If we're referencing the same sound here, I'm glad that it finally warmed up to you.

But yes, my one and only time witnessing it was in a different location: just off of Finney, over by the Convenience Store 8. I had been switching back and forth between the game and a research paper, taking very little care to actually pause the game when neglecting it in favor of my studies. Harry had been patiently shifting his weight and making drowsy left/right checks for thirty minutes or so when it happened. A nice wholesome bash, like an axe slamming into a washing machine filled with accordions.

Patience is the darkest side of power.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jan 2007
Notes left: 90
Last seen at: Medford, Or
Lifetolifeless I heard that one too but it came as soon as I turned the corner making me scream and pout a like a little girl.

-I pee lots of stuff

8 more days and I'm twenty three!...it's not that great actually....

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Dec 2005
Notes left: 454
Last seen at: NYC
A different location, huh? Either the triggerspot switches randomly (and I certainly hope this isn't so. xD ) or there are multiple locations. I thought you'd heard it outside the school, Ltol.
And yes, I heard it and, soon after, thought back to our conversation, and my thoughts were something along the lines of 'OMG DAT WUZ IT. O___O' :)

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

UPDATE: I heard the same sound again in a different spot while I was playing a new game yesterday. This time, it was when I was in the alley picking up the pipe and the cover of Cheryl's sketchbook.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Aug 2005
Notes left: 157
Last seen at: Reading, PA
I finally heard the sound outside of Convinience Store 8. It sounded like a lower pitched version of the sound that plays when you start a new game. Kind of like a low note with a lot of reverb.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Apr 2007
Notes left: 565
Last seen at: silent hill funeral home
the metallic noise is the church bell ringing.
didnt you see the cutscene??
( this is for the question on previous page)

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

The metallic noise and the sound of the church bell are completely different.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Mar 2007
Notes left: 79
Last seen at: Norway
I cannot recall having heard this noise. I'll have to play some more.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Mar 2005
Notes left: 5
Last seen at: London
Funnily enough i heard a sound like the one described, but in seemingly empty rooms in the hospital... ts my first time playing through the first game and it scared me quite a bit. At first I was like 'why make me go into this room when its empty dammit', but upon walking back to the door i hear a loud sound out of nowhere. That promptly shut me up. I turned around but nothing changed... weird...

I would like to know why this random sound plays in these random locations. I mean, its not like the makers of Silent Hill to just slap in something like that for no reason... is it?

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 573
Last seen at: Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
Another way of torturing gamers, never heard it in 9 times I played the game.(European-PAL)

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/2 ... ef=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Jan 2007
Notes left: 46
Last seen at: At a Computer...
OMG I wanna hear this, I haven't played in almost a year, since I got stuck without ammo or health in Midwich, in Hard mode :roll: ...

Sounds devilishly freaky, especially if it's random... :shock:

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Reset your game and run on through; the sound seems to appear mostly in the beginning/first third of the game. :)

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Mar 2007
Notes left: 541
Last seen at: South Carolina, USA
i never heard the noise before. in the empty hospital rooms (near the basement storeroom) though, isnt that glass breaking that were hearing? it doesnt sound very metallic to me... there are a few loud bangs here and there, but i dont recall one sounding metallic

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Jul 2007
Notes left: 129
Last seen at: Canada
I have the Euro version and when i passed the school it made a strange sound :shock:

Henry Townshend - Silent Hill 4: The Room.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Aug 2007
Notes left: 102
yeah, i think it does.

everyone can argue with me, but me and my friend used to play this game everyday for months. she said what she thought it was, and i said since silent hill is.....different....its you, when you leave the sewer. youre basically passing over yourself again.

oh, and when the sound happens, im usually running the same way on the street, if that helps.....but not always....

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 1924
Last seen at: Katz Street
i just got this game yesterday,and im in the alternate hospital. and when i left midwitch i didnt hear any sounds.the only bangs iv heard are the glass bangs you hear in certain hospital rooms.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

I think those sounds are just put randomly by the Silent Team to freak out the player, but they are triggered by some action, like walking into a room or approaching an object. Those of you that heard that crash, what were you EXACTLY doing in that precise moment?

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 1924
Last seen at: Katz Street
The weirdest noise iv heard was a screech like sound after i came out of the hospital the first time.it lasted until i got to the antique shop( i think thats where i went ) and stopped upon contact with monsters.is this normal too?or is it what you heard or what???

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Jan 2007
Notes left: 46
Last seen at: At a Computer...
XBloodyRedPyramidX wrote:
The weirdest noise iv heard was a screech like sound after i came out of the hospital the first time.it lasted until i got to the antique shop( i think thats where i went ) and stopped upon contact with monsters.is this normal too?or is it what you heard or what???

This is a normal noise generated by the radio, to freak out the player.

The elusive "noise" around the school area seems to occur randomly. I can't remember if I heard it....

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

The Visionist wrote:
XBloodyRedPyramidX wrote:

This is a normal noise generated by the radio, to freak out the player.

The elusive "noise" around the school area seems to occur randomly. I can't remember if I heard it....

It is not the radio, ´cause if you turn it off you can still hear it. It´s enviromental and it increases as you get near the antique shop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next