some random info on silent hill and dahlia kauffmen ect

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

adam18au
Just Passing Through

some random info on silent hill and dahlia kauffmen ect

Post by adam18au »

hi i found some things about silent hill people might want to read about if they didnt know

Dahlia runs into Harry at the Hospital because she had come to ransack Kaufmann's office and destroy his sample of Aglaophotis, but Kaufmann merely left it there as a decoy. If Harry saves Kaufmann from a demon attack (this is fully up to the player), the Doctor leaves immediately to retrieve another vial.

When Harry reaches Dahlia again, Cheryl and Alessa are preparing to merge. Dahlia explains their connection, but her cryptic speech only frustrates Harry. The ritual is performed, and Cheryl and Alessa join. At this point, the player's actions affect the outcome of the scene, although Dahlia's fate is the same:

As previously stated, Dahlia gives hints to Harry Mason throughout the game of where he might find his daughter. She also confides that the town is being absorbed by darkness. During the game, seals are carved throughout the town, and Dahlia refers to them as "the mark of Samael." She tells Harry that if all of the seals are complete, all is lost. Dahlia emerges a second time in Alchemilla Hospital and impatiently tells Harry that he is wasting time. She does not appear again until the finale, when Harry has become completely removed from reality. Dahlia waits with Alessa in a void at the edge of the Otherword ("Nowhere").

As the player uncovers evidence, it gradually becomes evident that Dahlia is hiding her true motives and is actually responsible for demons overrunning the town. She is leader of Silent Hill's cult, which is devoted to engineering the birth of their "God". Although Dahlia envisions a "paradise", the benevolence of the cult's deity is in doubt. Adding to the urgency of Dahlia's mission is the Mark of Samael, a mystical crest which Alessa is allegedly laying throughout town. The function and meaning of the symbol is unexplained, but Dahlia is most anxious to capture Alessa before she can create any more. She later confesses that the talisman Alessa is using does not belong to Samael, but to Metatron.[3] Dahlia fully intends for Harry to survive, despite Alessa using her reality-bending powers to hinder his progress. In that sense, Harry is Dahlia's pawn.

Dahlia Gillespie is the leader of The Order, a doomsday cult that worships angels, particularly fallen ones. Although her given age is 46, her physical appearance looks much older than that.[1] Dahlia is the mother of Alessa, whose presence has summoned poltergeist activity since she was a child. These disturbances, along with Alessa's latent telekinetic powers, saw her branded her a witch by her classmates. Dahlia knew her daughter's powers were linked to the dark "God" which Silent Hill's cult worshipped. Hoping to "birth" her god through Alessa, Dahlia used occult rituals to impregnate her daughter. To expediate the summoning of God, Dahlia set their house on fire with Alessa trapped inside. Although the fire was ruled an accident, Alessa was left completely disfigured from the resultant burns.

Through the use of a magical incantation invoked by her mother, Alessa lingered despite her injuries (which should have been fatal) and was placed in the care of Dr. Michael Kaufmann, a cult affiliate. While the constant torture of her wounds helped refine Alessa's reality-bending powers, she resisted being used as a container for the 'God', and her soul split in two halves, using a form of Bilocation in order to escape her torture. Her other form, a newborn was discovered by Harry Mason and his wife, who named her Cheryl and raised her as their own.

At some point over the course of her captivity, Alessa overhears a conversation about a 'special visitor' she is to receive, and becomes aware of her mother's intent to still carry out her plan to use her to 'birth' the God. Alessa realizes that for however long she continues to live, this remains a possibility. Knowing that Cheryl holds the other half of her power, Alessa summons her telepathically back to Silent Hill so she can end her life and prevent the God's birth.

During this time, Kaufmann grew impatient after waiting for the return he had been promised (wealth, presumably) for his role in the conspiracy, leading to a falling out with Dahlia. Kaufmann stashed vials of Aglaophotis, a chemical capable of 'aborting' the demon in Alessa and ending Dahlia's plans, if she ever turned on him.[2]
TleilaxuEyes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TleilaxuEyes »

Sounds pretty accurate. Where are you quoting this from?
I'm the kind of kid that can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing if it came up
And slit your throat.
-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!
adam18au
Just Passing Through

Post by adam18au »

wikipedia and befor people go you can change anything on wikipedia you cant only on certain pages and you cant change anything to do with silent hill on the pages
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Everything you've posted here is common knowledge except for the following misinformation:

Dahlia runs into Harry at the Hospital because she had come to ransack Kaufmann's office and destroy his sample of Aglaophotis, but Kaufmann merely left it there as a decoy.
Common knowledge stated in the game mixed with an incorrect assumption. Dahlia didn't run into Harry by accident, she had to give him the key to the antique shop so he could continue hunting Alessa for her.

Dahlia emerges a second time in Alchemilla Hospital and impatiently tells Harry that he is wasting time. She does not appear again until the finale, when Harry has become completely removed from reality.
Dahlia appears at the Lakeside Amusement Park when Harry uses the Flauros on Alessa. And Harry's "removed from reality" throughout the entire game. There's some debate as to the exact nature of the shift to "Nowhere".

Dahlia . . . is actually responsible for demons overrunning the town.
Incorrect.

Dahlia Gillespie is the leader of The Order, a doomsday cult that worships angels, particularly fallen ones.
False, half-right, and wrong.

Knowing that Cheryl holds the other half of her power, Alessa summons her telepathically back to Silent Hill
Nope.

Wikipedia is crap.
adam18au
Just Passing Through

Post by adam18au »

Wikipedia is crap.

its not common knowladge theirs about 50 romours in their explained and wikipedia isent crap they can get sued for posting fabricated gacts thats why you cant change the stuff on that page

use administrators have a go at us for replying with crap like that yet use can do it
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

Dahlia emerges a second time in Alchemilla Hospital and impatiently tells Harry that he is wasting time. She does not appear again until the finale, when Harry has become completely removed from reality. Dahlia waits with Alessa in a void at the edge of the Otherword ("Nowhere").
No, you forgot the houseboat.

I never thought of not saving Kaufmann in the hospital. What happens if you don't go in that room in the hospital? That would drasticaly change the game...
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>What happens if you don't go in that room in the hospital?
You can't not meet Kaufmann.

Wikipedia is, in fact, absolute crap when it pertains to Silent Hill, and I pity any fool that goes there for Silent Hill information. All Wikipedia has for Silent Hill is fan-based interpretation, with or without evidence. If I wanted to, I could go into the site and change the name of god to Mario Heliogabalis.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

It has been a couple of years since I played, and I was pretty sure you could not avoid meeting him, I thought you had to go through the room, but I was not certain...
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

There's a part later on in Annie's Bar, if I remember correctly, where you can choose to save Kaufmann from a mumbler. If you save him, he'll show up at the end of the game to throw Aglaophotis on the holy woman in white and totally mess up her day.

its not common knowladge theirs about 50 romours in their explained and wikipedia isent crap they can get sued for posting fabricated gacts
Anyone who thinks any of that information is up for debate or subject to "romours" hasn't played the game. That's all there is to it. And Wikipedia didn't post any of that information. It's the location of the misinformation, not the source.

. . . thats why you cant change the stuff on that page
Yes you can.

use administrators have a go at us for replying with crap like that yet use can do it
We don't. And "you" is not "use". Those are very different words.
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

Right, that's how you get the bad ending. You can miss the whole resort area I think. At least the bar and hotel and Indian Runner part