Things That You Dislike

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

SHF
Historical Society Historian

Re: Things That You Dislike

Post by SHF »

The graphics were sucky. but what can you expect from a PSX? other than that, the game was absolutely great..
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

I dislike nothing about the original Silent Hill. It's the only game in the series that is perfect, imo.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Nillin wrote:I dislike nothing about the original Silent Hill. It's the only game in the series that is perfect, imo.
Amen to that!!!!!!! :wink:
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Hmm, on replays the early part in the town can get boring, and early on the voice acting isn't too great, and occasionally characters drone on too long. Also, melee combat could have been handled a little better, but of course Harry wasn't a Soldier. And the final boss is too easy yet at the same time its attacks are really too hard to dodge.

Still, it's my second favorite game ever.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

I really can't think of anything I straight up hate.

The beginning of the game can be a bit boring. Especially if you're trying to get someone interested in the series.

Cybil can be really damn cheap.

The thing I hate the most really is that they haven't remade the damn game properly yet. As charming and awesome as the game is, it's one game out there that could really use it.
SHF

Post by SHF »

i agree.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

[*]The limits on the amount of ammo Harry can carry. Why can't he use every bullet he picks up instead of having a 200 round limit on the handgun ammo.
[*]The sewers - I inevitably end up getting lost each time.
Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

Everytime I play SH1 again, I have trouble adjusting to the controls, mainly with aiming and attacking.
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

^ Sometimes with shooting it can be hard getting Harry to switch targets. Otherwise I'm fine with the controls, I've played the game since I was five so I'm pretty used to them. 3D tank controls are the easiest for me to operate because I'm so used to them lol.
Lahkesis
Just Passing Through

Post by Lahkesis »

The graphics; but considering the year it was made, it can't be helped.
Nix
Just Passing Through

Post by Nix »

The graphics weren't a problem for me, but the enemy AI kinda blew me off...
Nothing lasts forever...
Zaneゼイン
Just Passing Through

Post by Zaneゼイン »

As many of the other people said "the air screamers" :x
They just make me run in a "weird way" rather than straightforward so that I can avoid their attacks and because of them the radio is constantly playing, I see them as a spam of a monster.

Dhalia´s voice makes me feel the temptation to skip the cutscene where she´s in :P

The way Harry got away during Lisa´s death. I understand that he was afraid, in fact I think I would´ve done the same (If I managed to survive until that moment :P ) but the way Lisa was alone, confused, scared, it just makes me sad that she "vanished" alone too :(
芸術家ー「闇心空中夢霊」
Magnolia
Just Passing Through

Post by Magnolia »

Navigating across the torn grating in the amusement park generated a level of annoyance comparable only to being locked in a room for 6 hours straight with Gunbound waiting room music mercilessly blaring away. It could have been the lighting in my room, but it took like 5-10 minutes for me to find my way around.
Image Image
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

^ Nope, that's normal, it is just really really hard to find your way around in that level. I can usually get through it pretty quickly now, but only cause I've played the game like twenty or twentyfive times. The only thing I like about that level is the lack of enemies, as well as the ride that's actually running. One of the better things in-game graphically IMO.
BillyWindow
Just Passing Through

Post by BillyWindow »

The never-to-be-sufficiently-accursed fog was my biggest gripe in the original Silent Hill. I couldn't see a thing, and it made it VERY hard for me to get anywhere.
"We're all okay until the day we're not"

Star Trek Online Character Name: Lieutenant Caroline Metrios
Commanding Officer, USS Oklahoma City NCC-97825
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Interesting timing on the bump, babe. :D

Honestly? The 3D movement being the only choice. That's IT.
I know why the "tank controls" are in this game, but that doesn't mean I have to like them. :P I suck with the 3D movement. I did better with it in the 3rd game than the first.

Liked the graphics, and most of the music. Interestingly enough, the first game has my least favorite SH soundtrack, and I still like it. So the movement was pretty much it.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Magnolia
Just Passing Through

Post by Magnolia »

first game has my least favorite SH soundtrack
WeeeOoOOWOEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOEOEEEEEEEEE *Incubus appears*

Weirdest damn "music" I have ever heard.
Image Image
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

The voice acting was really really bad.
Rayder
Just Passing Through

Re:

Post by Rayder »

Girl Interrupted wrote:The graphics. I'm sure when the game first came out it looked amazing, but not today. The poor graphics in this game is the main reason why I lose interest in playing Silent Hill (1) over again.

They should remake the first SH, the remake of the first Resident Evil game was amazing, and enjoyable to play. I think this game would be just as successful.
I wholeheartedly agree with this post. It's not really the fault of the game that the graphics are bad of course, but still, a remaster of this game would be a big seller, I think. As it is, the poor PS1 graphics really hurt my enjoyment of SH1 a lot by destroying my immersion and reminding me that I'm just playing a game.
I would really appreciate a PC remake, especially since I don't bother with consoles. Though I guess it wouldn't matter much because the PC I have can't even play Homecoming, let alone even newer games.

The only other thing I didn't like about this game was those flying bat thingies.....Air Screamers, I guess they're called? They were a pain.

Other than those two things, I do like the game, but the graphics are a real showstopper for me.