This game has succeded...(possible spoilers)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

This game has succeded...(possible spoilers)

Post by Anonymous »

To actually make me jump. The second didn't do that.

However....the first one has. Anyway, I just go to Midwitch School, and I've ran into....two stalkers. I was on the seond floor, back hallway I believe, and the radio goes off. Well, I kill a Mumbler, and the radio is still going off. I ran down the wallhay, ready to beat the crap out of whatever came at me. And then......"SQUEAK!"

Lights were out, had surround sound on...it WASN'T cool. :( But I laughed and followed the Stalker around. I think they're so cute. ^_^
pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

But....the second one didn't scare you at all?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It creeped me out. Especially the hospital. But nothing made me jump.
fafner87
Gravedigger

Post by fafner87 »

Is this your first time through? Because what you see in the sewers might make you jump too.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/fafner87/SilentHillsigbyAric.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah this is my first time through. When I encountered the first screamer in the Cafe, I was like "HOLY HELL THAT THING IS HUGE!" Practically the size of harry. o.o
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ya when i first playing sh1 in the school then i heard this bloody "SQUEAK!" i was like "WTF WAS THAT?!" i jumped out of my skin when i heard the "Squeak" damn it scared me i was only 11 at the time they stil do creep my out but not much as they used back then like the hugde Air Screamer bust threw the window i was on my bed almost fell off i was like "shit wtf is that thing?!" so since then some things in the game still do make me jump even tho im 17
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Man im gonna have to go back and playagain. been forever , and i've only played one time.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

Watch it in the sewers. There are things that happen that make me
literally jump to my feet. If you haven't gotten there yet then I hope
you have a healthy heart.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
Knick Knack
Gravedigger

Post by Knick Knack »

A little place called Nowhere is pretty interesting too. Pay attention to your surroundings and see if anything looks familiar.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ok The Hospital in this game scares the living shit out of me. No other SH made me jump like in the Hospital in this.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

it was sorta freaky in the lights when out . i do remember that , i also remember seeing a face in the rust, i think it was the hospital i saw it in, i dont think it was purposley put there but it looked like a face, wich to me was pretty cool.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Silent Hill isn't supposed to make you "jump".

That isn't the type of no-brain cheap scares they aim for, although they did some as a gag a few times. The true scares are meant to be within the atmosphere of the game. If that isn't what you feel or understand in the series, maybe its time to pop in Resident Evil.
GioGio
Historical Society Historian

Post by GioGio »

SH2 is creepy, no doubt about it, but I still say SH1 is by far the scariest.
The one thing about SH series I LOVE, no matter how many times I play, it still gives me the chills, even though I know what's coming. Especially SH1.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I jumped with that stupid phione ringing at the alternate school... And the "Daddy where are you" didn't help me to feel better...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

FrozenHalo wrote:Silent Hill isn't supposed to make you "jump".

That isn't the type of no-brain cheap scares they aim for, although they did some as a gag a few times. The true scares are meant to be within the atmosphere of the game. If that isn't what you feel or understand in the series, maybe its time to pop in Resident Evil.
For me...it creeps me out. Yet..everytime I see a monster thats whackable by my melee weapon, I go full force and just...kill it. XD

But something that you can't kill and goes SQEAK!"....makes me jump. Especially if I decide to turn the radio off for more of a thrill.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Jett Kakashi wrote:Yeah this is my first time through. When I encountered the first screamer in the Cafe, I was like "HOLY HELL THAT THING IS HUGE!" Practically the size of harry. o.o
Sorry to go off-topic, but I actually died the very first time I ever played this part.

Needless to say, I was extremely disheartened.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

Silent Hill is a phsycologial game made to create a sense
of fear. I feel drained after playing them for a while as the
adreneline rushes constantly wearing me out after a while.
I get mentally exausted as well. RE can keep their cheep
scares. Not that they are a bad thing, it just takes a smarter
person to feel the presence of a more subtle fear.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
SilentSteven
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentSteven »

emptimass wrote:Silent Hill is a phsycologial game made to create a sense
of fear. I feel drained after playing them for a while as the
adreneline rushes constantly wearing me out after a while.
I get mentally exausted as well. RE can keep their cheep
scares. Not that they are a bad thing, it just takes a smarter
person to feel the presence of a more subtle fear.
Right on! I remember playing the original Resident Evil on my own when I was younger and jumping on more than one occasion. I didn't jump that much playing through Silent Hill but the key thing is though that I didn't want to play Silent Hill on my own. The game created such an uneasy atmosphere that I felt almost uncomfortable when playing it.
When I got older I learnt to embrace this uneasy atmos and indeed it has become the main thing I like about playing the Silent Hill games. On the other hand though I got bored with Resi some time ago. They are two totally different beasts (I wouldn't really class SH as survival horror so much as psychological horror) and both enjoyable in their own right - for both scares and general fun - but for me you'll never be able to beat SH!
"They look like monsters to you?....."
henrytownsend
Just Passing Through

Post by henrytownsend »

I THINK SH1 IS REALLY SCARY, IM 27 YEARS OLD AND I STILL GET SCARED OF THAT GAME. I ALSO THINK ALL THE OTHER SILENT HILL GAMES A PRETTY SCARY. THOSE NURSES ARE SO CREEPY. :shock:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Silent Hill 1 was the creepiest but Silent Hill 2 freaks me out me out more, because of the whole run from PH concept....and I hate running.