This game has succeded...(possible spoilers)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Happy Burger has nothing to do with Silent Hill games. Nor does Lakeside.

You've been here almost two months, maybe you should figure that out by now.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
pink_isnt_well000

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

toadstool wrote:
Please use the actual quote function when quoting a post with a spoiler, toadstool. And I don't know what you find bad or funny about Allen's post, but yours is kinda spammy.
thats what i mean, so this is in the sh1 part, but his post should be in happy burger or lakeside, right?
i was only pointing that out in a loving manner
HAPPY BURGER: Sit down, grab a burger and bring all of your off-topic discussions here ...

LAKESIDE: Discuss your favourite non-Silent Hill related game, music, movie or any other media here...

You need to start reading stuff. You have no idea how close to getting the boot you are. Really we have enough moderators we don't need your help. Especially since you yourself can't understand things here.
F

Post by F »

Don't say I didn't warn you, Stool. If you want any help on figuring how to post things and where, PM me and I'll gladly do so. Don't worry, I will not cuss you out.
LaraeGunn
Subway Guard

Post by LaraeGunn »

F wrote: I will not cuss you out.
I almost want to PM you based on that alone, haha.

Anyway,
the only things that really got to me were the alternate school, and Nowhere.
21121henry
Just Passing Through

Post by 21121henry »

i hate the part after you kill(or saved)cybil and Alessa shows up.My game went wacko there was lines everywhere and Harry had no upper body it sucked!and scared the crap outta me!
[img]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb240/MCRhenry/resorthome.gif[/img]
malee
Just Passing Through

Post by malee »

are those stalkers are "squeak" ing? well,i play the game without the sound,and i didnt know they used to squeak :mrgreen: and sometimes you can see alessa's ghost running through the corridors in nowhere.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
and that cat in the locker room really makes me laugh.it runs away,and we hear its scream..it is really so funny :mrgreen:
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Anonymous wrote:It creeped me out. Especially the hospital. But nothing made me jump.
praying mantis things in the sewer?

still makes me jump
Last edited by SHACKled89451 on 02 Jun 2009, edited 1 time in total.
revalations 23:16
Empyrean
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Empyrean »

SH1 was a much scarier game. SH2 does not compare to the fright of the first.
Xerophan
Just Passing Through

Post by Xerophan »

But I laughed and followed the Stalker around. I think they're so cute. ^_^
Omg I agree! I was just thinking today that the squeakers (are they really called stalkers? I don't know...hehe) are freakin' cute. Which is weird to say about something in a Silent Hill game. I agree with many of the others, though, that the sewer area was the scariest part of the game. Didn't really make me jump, but worrying about turning the corner and running into a..."short thing with long claws" (trying to not make spoilers) was brutal
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I'll have to say, the stalkers made me jump. The first time, the radio went off, and this shadow went across the floor and I almost jumped. Also, the part in the sewers when the scratchers attack you from above scares the crap out of me.
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

Little shadowy bastards in the school always make me jump. SH1 is the only game that scares the shit out of me EVERY and EACH time I play it.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Two more instances come to mind.

1) In SH:O, when you exit the staircase in the sanitarium on the second floor and you meet the remnant for the first time.

2) In SH2, when you head up Nathan Ave. for the first time and the mannequin jumps out of the woods at you if you don't stick the middle of the road.
Xerophan
Just Passing Through

Post by Xerophan »

Travis wrote:Little shadowy bastards in the school always make me jump. SH1 is the only game that scares the shit out of me EVERY and EACH time I play it.
Same with me. I know this may sound a tad childish, but after a realllly long break [like eight years] from SH1 (the game's scratched up, finally got it to work [barely]) I played and I actually got mentally exhausted (freaked the fuck out lol). Had to turn off the game for a short hiatus. Kinda sucks now, 'cause now I've again beaten it like, ten times and it's lost some (not all) of it's scare-factor. But two places will never cease to scare me: Midwich School, and the Sewers. For some reason, normal school scares me more than nightmare school.
2 Favorite Quotes:

"[color=#0000FF]I was weak. That’s why I needed you.... Needed someone to punish me for my sins.... But that’s all over now.... I know the truth.... Now it’s time to end this."[/color]--James Sunderland

[color=#BF0000]"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty....It's all the same once you're dead. And a corpse can't laugh."[/color]--Eddie
flown
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by flown »

Xerophan wrote:
Travis wrote:Little shadowy bastards in the school always make me jump. SH1 is the only game that scares the shit out of me EVERY and EACH time I play it.
Same with me. I know this may sound a tad childish, but after a realllly long break [like eight years] from SH1 (the game's scratched up, finally got it to work [barely]) I played and I actually got mentally exhausted (freaked the fuck out lol). Had to turn off the game for a short hiatus. Kinda sucks now, 'cause now I've again beaten it like, ten times and it's lost some (not all) of it's scare-factor. But two places will never cease to scare me: Midwich School, and the Sewers. For some reason, normal school scares me more than nightmare school.
i agree, the horror of it all comes out better in a somewhat normal surrounding then when all the walls are dripping from blood.
Long before the existence of Silent Hill, the ground there was seen as sacred by native americans and it was the place where rituals occured...

[img]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss323/vollublevolar/homecoming-1-5-1-1.jpg[/img]
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

After playing a few times, I sit in the library and watch larval stalkers trip over themselves and laugh my ass off.
Xerophan
Just Passing Through

Post by Xerophan »

KiramidHead wrote:After playing a few times, I sit in the library and watch larval stalkers trip over themselves and laugh my ass off.
That's always fun too. =]

The only time I ever found them scary was the first time I played the game...and even then they mainly just surprised me, rather than scared. Also, sometimes when I'm at the amusement park, there are larval stalkers that attack me. But it's weird...sometimes it's them, other times it's the grey children. I dunno if it's a glitch or what...because I know different regions have different monsters, but I've been playing the same copy for many, many years. For some reason, the monsters at the park just change like every other play through.

Another case in which they actually scare me is the Other Hospital...'cause they attack there, too. I guess, to me at least, if they're runnin' 'round trippin' o'er themselves ( I love apostrophes lol) then it's pretty damn funny. If they've got a knife in hand and they're willing to use it, then...not so funny.
2 Favorite Quotes:

"[color=#0000FF]I was weak. That’s why I needed you.... Needed someone to punish me for my sins.... But that’s all over now.... I know the truth.... Now it’s time to end this."[/color]--James Sunderland

[color=#BF0000]"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty....It's all the same once you're dead. And a corpse can't laugh."[/color]--Eddie