This game has succeded...(possible spoilers)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I don't know, SH1 was a scary experience, but SH2 was just a completely different kind of scare for me. I felt sick, repulsed at some of the things I saw in SH2, and this cold chill which would flow through me at most parts of SH2. I completed SH1 3 times in a row to unlock items and endings because I got used to it's atmosphere, I completed SH2 only "once", because I did not have the nerve to play through it again, it really creeped me out. :shock:
Cherry Bomb
Historical Society Historian

Post by Cherry Bomb »

FrozenHalo wrote:Silent Hill isn't supposed to make you "jump".
How wrong is that, really?
henrytownsend wrote:I THINK SH1 IS REALLY SCARY, IM 27 YEARS OLD AND I STILL GET SCARED OF THAT GAME. I ALSO THINK ALL THE OTHER SILENT HILL GAMES A PRETTY SCARY. THOSE NURSES ARE SO CREEPY.
27 years old and yet you don't know how to switch Caps off?
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Cherry-spc-Bomb.png[/img][/url]
F

Post by F »

Let's not start an argument over that here, please.
Faded.Memories
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Faded.Memories »

I love the squeakers!! Sure, they scare you cause the radio goes off and such, but they're so cute! And sad! Anyone ever think that! That they're these sad little souls that are just....stuck in this horrible town. They squeak and run away from you and then fade away...
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/sephorasagredo/faded.gif[/img]

[i] ...are my screams just a whisper? [/i]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I have to agree, the first of the series was by far the scariest. It wasn't like Resident Evil, which is, full of plot-holes, and cheap thrills, and it wasn't like Alone In The Dark either, it was something different. Even after four games, they still leave so many questions unanswered, and I love that. It's a smart marketting and story-telling.

I still say, I love the first Silent Hill, and I loved frickin' Harry Mason. He was a curious sort. And I remember the cat. The bleeding cat, in Midwich Elementry, or, the second time you open that locker, heh, that was brilliant.

Man, I gotta play that game again...
somethindarker
Just Passing Through

Post by somethindarker »

man i remember the part in sh2 where u are in the hospital and you go into the base where you have to put the rings on the stupid door. well the monster in there scared the shit outta me. :evil:
www.myspace.com/somethindarker
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

I love the fact that most of the scares are just because of the atmosphere. Fatal Frame series reminds me of that.
I did jump out of my seat at one part though. When you investigate the locker room in the school and the first time it's a cat but the second time in the Alternate School it's the empty locker and then you turn around and a body falls out of a different locker. I've played the game four times now, I know it's there but it still gets me every time.
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
Rastek
Just Passing Through

Post by Rastek »

I THINK SH1 IS REALLY SCARY, IM 27 YEARS OLD AND I STILL GET SCARED OF THAT GAME. I ALSO THINK ALL THE OTHER SILENT HILL GAMES A PRETTY SCARY. THOSE NURSES ARE SO CREEPY. :shock:
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Seriously though, I first played SH2, and though I found the atmosphere to be the scariest thing ever, I must say that I felt a little dissapointed with the enemies. It's like they weren't really trying :? . However, finishing that game gave me the neverending desire to play the first one, which I did, a few weeks ago.

It was everything I expected of it. Everything. It's the only game I've played that hasn't dissapointed me in any way. That hasn't ever make me go "yeah, it's goo but it could use a little replay value/easier gameplay/better AI"

But I kinda ruined the expirience by GameFaqing my way through it.
Wait wHile thEse Rats End themselves And tomoRrow wE maY hOld oUr hands
(?)
heathergirl
Just Passing Through

Post by heathergirl »

The enemies didn't have to be great at all. As long as I couldn't see where I was going and that crazy music played as I ran aimlessly through some new part of Silent Hill without a map I was just dandy.

SH in comparison to RE is (in yet another analogy) like facing an enemy and knowing how to fight them or having an enemy staring at you from around a dark corner giving you no knowledge as to when they're going to strike or what they'll use but that they will and they look extremely dangerous (and scary)

I agree that the Larvel Stalkers are the bomb. <3*
7th God
Just Passing Through

Post by 7th God »

i remember been... like 12 or more when i entered the school i went around killing some stalkers opening some doors and stuff, but then... i entered the bath room Fu**kk a little girl starts to F**king cry man that was bad really bad... top scare, and man that f**cking piano thats heard in the yard ahhhh made me crap my self a lot! :shock:
[img]http://www.morbidcuriosityshop.com/Menu%20Items%20(Text)/Killers/Kemper,%20Edmund.jpg[/img]
MeatyDistraction
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MeatyDistraction »

Was I the only person that laughed my ass off when one of the Stalkers would squeak?

I was dying laughing. Hell, I still laugh like crazy when they squeak.
"Are you goin' to Hell or Heaven? Did you walk with the sinners, or pray with the reverend? Tell the truth, I did a little of both, but ain't no tellin' where I'm goin' 'til my body's a ghost."
toadstool
Gravedigger

Post by toadstool »

what are the stalkers?
anyway the whole game creeped me out. ive never played any game like it before. its the best
HARK, do you not hear the voices,
they are only audible if you listen first
MeatyDistraction
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MeatyDistraction »

The little shadow things that follow you around. They can't be killed, and don't hurt you. They're just there to put you on edge, and maybe waste your ammo.

They're actually pretty cute.
"Are you goin' to Hell or Heaven? Did you walk with the sinners, or pray with the reverend? Tell the truth, I did a little of both, but ain't no tellin' where I'm goin' 'til my body's a ghost."
EyeNixon
Just Passing Through

Post by EyeNixon »

They're the souls of fat little children.
Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'
Shine on the one that's gone and left me blue
Nemi79
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Nemi79 »

The stalkers still make me jump out of my seat.

I'll ever forget the first time I played SH1 and when you go out into the backyard of the Gordon House, and it gets all dark, that gave me chills, still does.

And yes, the crying in the bathroom still makes my blood go cold
Darkness lurks even in the minds of the innocente
Allen
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Allen »

I think the most chilling moment in all the games is either

1) The basment of SH3 when you hear the wheelchair spinning and the massive amounts of blood leading around the corner or...

2) When you knock down the wall in SH4 and slowly turn around the shelf to find
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Walters crusified body, ugh....
sweet_weeping_silence
Just Passing Through

Post by sweet_weeping_silence »

The first time I saw the stalkers I wasn't scared but I kept my distance. When I saw it fall over I thought it was so cute and I wanted there to be a button to help it back up and give it a cookie.
Xx----at one end sits the seducer of she----xX
toadstool
Gravedigger

Post by toadstool »

I think the most chilling moment in all the games is either

1) The basment of SH3 when you hear the wheelchair spinning and the massive amounts of blood leading around the corner or...

2) When you knock down the wall in SH4 and slowly turn around the shelf to find
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Walters crusified body, ugh....
wow, i thought i was bad, jeez...lol
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Please use the actual quote function when quoting a post with a spoiler, toadstool. And I don't know what you find bad or funny about Allen's post, but yours is kinda spammy.
toadstool
Gravedigger

Post by toadstool »

Please use the actual quote function when quoting a post with a spoiler, toadstool. And I don't know what you find bad or funny about Allen's post, but yours is kinda spammy.
thats what i mean, so this is in the sh1 part, but his post should be in happy burger or lakeside, right?
i was only pointing that out in a loving manner