Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 18 Oct 2019




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message


 Post subject:

OK guys I read all your posts, some of you say that Alessa had been burned, Alessa didnt burn in school! So there is something else that explains why the floor is like this in school alternate, I think that Alessa had been locked in cage, but also not in school!! Well then I dont know, but I like to know the reason of why the floor in school alternate appears like this, good idea, good topic. :wink:


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Aug 2008
Notes left: 586
Last seen at: Lake Tahoe, U.S.A.
Raider Man wrote:
OK guys I read all your posts, some of you say that Alessa had been burned, Alessa didnt burn in school! So there is something else that explains why the floor is like this in school alternate, I think that Alessa had been locked in cage, but also not in school!! Well then I dont know, but I like to know the reason of why the floor in school alternate appears like this, good idea, good topic. :wink:


It doesn't matter where she was burned... the fact that the floor is metal grating is most likley the result of the world around her deteriorating and decaying.. she was the one creating the otherworld, therefore her influence over the town was seen everywhere, especially the school, where some of her most tramatic memories happened..

_________________
revalations 23:16


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Sep 2008
Notes left: 149
Last seen at: the dying earth
i think its there because its not something you normally see. in lamest terms, its just there to freak you out, giving you the feeling that there is nothing below you and you could fall through at any time. i don't think there's that much more significance than that

_________________
"It is the end of days, and i am the Reaper."-Dark Alessa


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Aug 2008
Notes left: 586
Last seen at: Lake Tahoe, U.S.A.
DarkeningNightmare wrote:
i think its there because its not something you normally see. in lamest terms, its just there to freak you out, giving you the feeling that there is nothing below you and you could fall through at any time. i don't think there's that much more significance than that


Somehow I doubt that, since this occurance is not limited to this title in the series..

_________________
revalations 23:16


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

DarkeningNightmare wrote:
i think its there because its not something you normally see. in lamest terms, its just there to freak you out, giving you the feeling that there is nothing below you and you could fall through at any time. i don't think there's that much more significance than that


Yes I am with you, it may come to just to show you how much its scray, well then there is no reason for that, who knows, we may see something more strange things will come in SH5 and 6 and ofcourse we're going to see strange things it doesnt mean that there is a reason, Silent Hill is a horror game as we all know, so it may just scare us, while you're playing at the alternate school, do you feel something strange is going on with you? Or its just me.


Top
   
 

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 08 Jan 2009
Notes left: 1085
Last seen at: Greece
Raider Man wrote:
Silent Hill is a horror game as we all know, so it may just scare us, while you're playing at the alternate school, do you feel something strange is going on with you? Or its just me.
Well, the alternate school was the first serious mindfuck in the game. As someone said it is supposed to be the ultimate nightmare becoming alive. The whole enviroment is too twisted and disturbing. The rust, the bodies, the headless dolls, the bloody fan, the creepy noises/music and the sound Harry's steps make on the metallic floor really creep me out.

_________________
Image
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 28 Mar 2009
Notes left: 21
I think the chain link fence effect is to make you feel locked in, as said before. Alessa being locked in a hospital room after her oh-so-loving mother tried to burn her to death made her feel like there was no escape from Silent Hill, even if she had the physical ability to try. Most likely the reason the roads just cut off and fall in to nothingness, too.


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
I don't attribute it to fencing. I attribute it to being a visual symbol that reflects Harry's growing feeling of despair: all you have is a very thin and mostly transparent barrier separating Harry from endless oblivion. Note that, the farther into the game you go, the weaker that barrier is. In the school, the floor is mostly intact. In the hospital, large pieces are missing. Later, outside, the floor grating is shredded and gouged. By the time you reach Lakeside Amusement Park, entire sections are wholly obliterated.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 46
Last seen at: Nurse's Station on the Second Floor
It's just a rusted and bloody creepy-sounding chain-link-fence-floor. :P

_________________
James: Me? No... I'd never kill myself...
It's hot as hell in here.
Angela: You see it too? For me, it's always like this.


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
Or yes, the progressive deterioration may just be entirely random and without meaning.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

I think it's trying to show that the alternate version of silent hill is built on something that isn't actually there. You look under the floor and see nothing but never-ending black. It's trying to say that Alessa is the thing holding it up and together, unlike the foggy silent hill which actually has some standing in reality.

and plus it's pretty creep by itself too. :P


Top
   
 

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 06 Mar 2008
Notes left: 1482
Last seen at: Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
>unlike the foggy silent hill which actually has some standing in reality.
Not necessarily, since it's not proven. The foggy world could be just as far away from reality as Nowhere.

_________________
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 May 2009
Notes left: 46
Last seen at: Nurse's Station on the Second Floor
>I think it's trying to show that the alternate version of silent hill is built on something that isn't actually there. You look under the floor and see nothing but never-ending black. It's trying to say that Alessa is the thing holding it up and together, unlike the foggy silent hill which actually has some standing in reality.


Interesting thinking! :idea:

I think I know what you're saying.
The rusty cage/fence effect is a physical manifestation of how Alessa's powers can entrap people (or "cage" them, if you will) within their own minds and delusions.

Maybe that's why the rusty floor appears more often in the Otherworld; specifically because Alessa has more power and control in that area.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Aug 2008
Notes left: 586
Last seen at: Lake Tahoe, U.S.A.
Quote:
Maybe that's why the rusty floor appears more often in the Otherworld; specifically because Alessa has more power and control in that area.



I wasn't aware the grated floor appeared anywhere besides the otherworld...

_________________
revalations 23:16


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

Jonipoon wrote:
>unlike the foggy silent hill which actually has some standing in reality.
Not necessarily, since it's not proven. The foggy world could be just as far away from reality as Nowhere.


I'm just saying that foggy silent hill seems closer to reality. I've always looked at it as a midpoint between regular silent hill, which we never, and alternate silent hill. It's a place where Alessa's influence still shows (fog, snow, roads ending abruptly, ect.) but reality is still playing a dominate role in it's existence. Alternate SH is where Alessa truly plays.


Top
   
 

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 06 Mar 2008
Notes left: 1482
Last seen at: Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
>I've always looked at it [foggy silent hill] as a midpoint between regular silent hill, which we never [see], and alternate silent hill.

And your thoughts are a. . . reliable source. . ?


>It's a place where Alessa's influence still shows (fog, snow, roads ending abruptly, ect.) but reality is still playing a dominate role in it's existence.

Foggy Silent Hill isn't created by Alessa's influence.

Anyway. . . There's no indication anywhere that the foggy world would lie closer to reality than the other worlds. Why would it anyway? The intensification of the town which happend after the events of SH1 made the whole town stronger. All dimensions plays a part in this intensification.

What's reality? Are you the one to decide what's "reality" or not? No.

_________________
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 08 Nov 2008
Notes left: 357
Last seen at: Blackwater Park
While we can't deny that Alessas manifested fears appear in foggy Silent Hill too, i don't think that Alessa created anything - neither on the foggy nor the otherworld layer - consciously, talking about the design.

_________________
there's comfort in silence


Top
   
 

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 06 Mar 2008
Notes left: 1482
Last seen at: Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium
Sure we can. He said that the fog and ending roads are part of Alessa's influence.

_________________
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 08 Nov 2008
Notes left: 357
Last seen at: Blackwater Park
Well, I was rather talking about the monsters than cataclysms or fog.

_________________
there's comfort in silence


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

Jonipoon wrote:
>I've always looked at it [foggy silent hill] as a midpoint between regular silent hill, which we never [see], and alternate silent hill.

And your thoughts are a. . . reliable source. . ?


>It's a place where Alessa's influence still shows (fog, snow, roads ending abruptly, ect.) but reality is still playing a dominate role in it's existence.

Foggy Silent Hill isn't created by Alessa's influence.

Anyway. . . There's no indication anywhere that the foggy world would lie closer to reality than the other worlds. Why would it anyway? The intensification of the town which happend after the events of SH1 made the whole town stronger. All dimensions plays a part in this intensification.

What's reality? Are you the one to decide what's "reality" or not? No.


my, it seems someone is getting a little touchy.
All I did was tell you what I thought. I never said you had to believe it or anything, nor have you been able to prove me incorrect. Most of silent hill is up to the players interpretation anyway. Who told you that Alessa wasn't influencing foggy silent hill anyway? Are your thoughts a reliable source? (See! I can be snippy too. =p)

and you have to be blind to not see why foggy silent hill would lie closer to reality. Which are you more likely to see in real life, a town covered in fog and snow or one perpetually dark with metal grating that covers endless black? It's basic logic.

and reality is what silent hill was like shortly before the arrival of Harry Mason. You know, before all the people disappeared suddenly and all roads leading out of town mysteriously fell to pieces.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: