Official Ending? (as revealed by Homecoming) *spoilers*

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

overachiever547
Gravedigger

Official Ending? (as revealed by Homecoming) *spoilers*

Post by overachiever547 »

A cutscene in Silent Hill: Homecoming has a policeman character named Deputy Wheeler talk about why he fears Silent Hill. He relates to Alex a story about his work at the police station in Brahms, and a fellow police officer who was biking to/around Silent Hill
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
and was never seen again. Is this perhaps confirming that the Good Ending (where Harry receives Heather but kills Cybil at Lakeside) is the official ending of Silent Hill? Unless Cybil denounced her identity, or Wheeler is talking about some completely different police officer (though it seems in-game like a direct reference), this seems to be the case.
Hurm...
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

I think SH3 already proved which SH1 ending was real... This sort of just seals the deal, you know?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

WOW!! I deal with spoilers but not alot!! I knew now I am going to meet a police who knows Cybil but please dont mention anything in spoiler as I get use to open every spoiler I see without feeling.
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

Thats a shame...

I always thought the Good+ ending was the real one.
l33tspaniard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by l33tspaniard »

SH3 vaguely confirmed it. There was no mention of Cybil either way.
Aamon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Aamon »

I always thought that was the case, Harry never used the red liquid (forget how to spell it's name) on Cybil because he didn't know what it was and instead gave the crystallised stuff to Heather to protect her after seeing what it did to Alessa.
l33tspaniard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by l33tspaniard »

So did I. So did everyone. But there's no certainty in an assumption.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Aamon wrote:I always thought that was the case, Harry never used the red liquid (forget how to spell it's name) on Cybil because he didn't know what it was and instead gave the crystallised stuff to Heather to protect her after seeing what it did to Alessa.
So did every smart person who could put two and two together. I guess Homecoming just had to seal the deal, yeah?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

Explains why cybyl not in the picture in SH3. Im glad they sewed some of missing peices together in Homecoming.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
ValTanner
Just Passing Through

Post by ValTanner »

Yeah, I figured after SH3, it was definitely confirmed that Cybil was dead. Course, there really was no reason for Heather to mention her... But, regardless, Harry was the only one to survive SH1. The story Heather tells Douglas in the car ride to Silent Hill proves that she died in SH1.

It was nice to hear about Cybil again, but even Wheeler says that he knew her a long time ago, so he indirectly says that he hasn't heard anything about her in a while, meaning, she probably didn't make it out of the town...ever.
The hate I hate believing...
I never saw it coming...
You have your orders, soldier...
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

At least Homecoming gave a nod to where it all began.
Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

If you take the good+ ending, is just an extra ending for the player like its just for fun, how suppose Harry knew that Cybil is going to be in trouble?! SO that he got the red liquid to save her? How he knew that he wanted to take the red liquid with him? That doesn't make sense, its just for fun.
TDR
Just Passing Through

Post by TDR »

You are a complete and utter moron. So by your logic, SH2's In Water ending is not the canon version because some players never got that ending the first time around. SH4's Escape ending is not the canon version either because some players never got that ending the first time around. For your information, several people in GameFAQS stated that they got the good + ending the first time around. Also, I'm sure that some people got the bad endings when they first played Silent Hill. That obviously does not prove one of the bad endings is canon.

There is NO proof at all that Cybil is dead. Alll Wheeler said was that no one knows what happened to her. In SH4, it was revealed that SH2 protagonist James Sunderland disappeared when he went to Silent Hill. His father doesn't know what happened to her. Does that mean he killed himself in SH2? No, not at all.

If you had paid attention while playing SH: Homecoming and SH3, you would have learned that The Order bears a grudge against anyone who ruins their plans. They are good at tracking people down and as Wheeler pointed out, they don't take kindly to people who don't share their beliefs.

SH3 NEVER confirmed that Cybil died. In fact, it hinted toward Cybil surviving. In SH1, Harry had a lot more red liquid but in SH3, the amount of red liquid he had was the size of a small pendant.

It's not hard to believe at all that Cybil decided to flee the state and start a new life. Harry Mason did the same thing after he was given a new baby by Alessa. James Sunderland may have done the same thing after the events of SH2.

It's not hard to believe Harry would used the red liquid on Cybil. Maybe he was so hell bent on saving her that he did anything he could think of to save her. The bottom line is Konami has NEVER confirmed that James or Cybil died when they went to Silent Hill. Silent Hill writer Hiroyuki Owaku stated that what happened to Cybil after the events of Silent Hill is "left to players' imaginations. Konami wouldn't have added the ending if they didn't think people would have gotten the ending. :roll:

http://www.translatedmemories.com/bookpgs/Pg92-93.jpg
victim21
Woodside Apartments Janitor
Location: deepest recess of Walters mind... I got a train here :D

Post by victim21 »

You may not agree, but no need to call someone a complete and utter moron, that's just rude!

As much as I loved Cybil and wish she did survive, I feel she probably died. It makes the story far more interesting, and surely in SH3 she would have had some mention, I mean she was an important part to Harrys survival, I would sure be telling my daughter of the cop that saved my ass.

Also, they may have multiple endings in game, but they can make whichever one they want true by future games, it is their series.

That's like saying you believe the bad ending or whichever one Harry doesnt get the baby is true, even though the third game totally proves it wrong.

I agree on SH2 though, that his fate is not totally sealed in stone.

But yeah, no need to be so rude about your points!

Oh, and out of curiosity, which part of sh3 hints at Cybil being alive? I haven't played it in a while, but I can't remember such hints.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/The-doodler/sig.jpg[/img]
Big thanks to Milfy for my Avvy :D Sig was by me, woop!
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

They did say though that Cybil's fate is up the viewer in lost memories so thats what I guess it technically is. Either way though her role ended after SH1 apparantly. I'll agree though that just like James in SH2 the information we recieved could have been interpreted through multiple endings and just not one. In my opinion though i'd say she probably died. I always hated the opinion though that because Heather has the red liquid in the pendant obviously Harry didn't use it on Cybil. Is it not possible he could have gotten more liquid at a later date?
Aamon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Aamon »

Where would Harry get more liquid? As far as I can tell, Aglaophotis isn't just something you can waltz down to the local supermarket and buy...
PartyHard
Just Passing Through

Post by PartyHard »

Even in Translated Memories it mentions that the Good Ending is the 'orthodox one'.

Cybil is dead, deal.
TDR
Just Passing Through

Post by TDR »

Do any of you pay attention when you read? Hiroyiku Owaku stated that Cybil's fate is ambiguous in the SAME TRANSLATED MEMORIES. The whole "orthodox ending" thing is unreliable. Deal with that.

As for the red liquid, did it ever occur to you that maybe he still had a tiny bit left? The amount he had in SH3 was very small. He had a lot more in Silent Hill. That's what I meant by the hint. As for the lack of her being mentioned in SH3, it's called being ambiguous.

This is the pendant. A lot smaller than the amount he had in the first Silent Hill. :P

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/48270 ... endant.JPG

The bottom line is there is no confirmation she is dead. Believe what you want but don't claim the good ending is the canon version. And please pay attention when you read. :roll:

Thank you. :wink:

This forum is quite interesting.
Last edited by TDR on 02 Dec 2008, edited 4 times in total.
Aamon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Aamon »

TDR wrote:As for the aghlaphotis, did it ever occur to you that maybe he still had a tiny bit left? The amount he had in SH3 was very small. He had a lot more in Silent Hill.
The bottle and liquid disappear from Harrys' inventory after being used, that is a possible indication that he has none left.
TDR wrote:Thank you. This forum is quite interesting. :wink:
I agree.
TDR
Just Passing Through

Post by TDR »

Again, he might have had a tiny bit left. Hiroyuki Owaku is a writer. He knows what he's talking about. And if he had killed Cybil, Heather might have had a lot more red liquid. Again, it's ambiguous.
:roll:
Last edited by TDR on 02 Dec 2008, edited 1 time in total.