Official Ending? (as revealed by Homecoming) *spoilers*

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

SyphonFilter1987

Post by SyphonFilter1987 »

AuraTwilight wrote:

I doubt the police would believe all that. As for Cybil hiding, as I said, it's possible that she got scared that The Order would try to kill her and decided to leave the state. Whether The Order would actually try to kill her for revenge or to shut her up is unknown. It's certainly possible. Claudia had killed Harry for revenge. She even told Heather that.
This was always silly. Why would the Order give a shit about Cybil? They're not evil devil worshippers out to spill the blood of anyone who crossed their path; they only killed Harry because he kidnapped their Jesus Machine.
You're speculating on her fate too. There's nothing that suggests The Order didn't know about Cybil. Harry only met Dahlia and Kaufmann yet Claudia knew about him and had him killed. Nor, for that matter, is there anything that proves that Cybil is dead.
Claudia knew about Harry and Heather because she got a psychic vision of the Woman in White handing Harry the baby. And she's so ignorant that she thought that the Woman in White was Alessa, so Claudia clearly doesn't know shit. She also never mentions anything about Harry running off with a baby with the assistance of a police officer. That'd probably be an important detail.
Yeah and Cybil helped Harry "kidnap" that Jesus machine. What you think is irrelevant. Just because you think it's silly doesn't stop it from being true. And The Order is a crazy group. As Wheeler said in that Homecoming game, they don't take kindly to people who don't share their beliefs. There's still a chance that The Order would try to kill Cybil and even if they didn't, it doesn't change the possibility that Cybil just decided to leave the state to get away from The Order.

And of course Claudia doesn't mention Cybil. As Hiroyuki Owaku pointed out in The Book of Lost Memories, Cybil is not involved with Silent Hill 3. Those are his words, not mine.
http://www.translatedmemories.com/bookpgs/Pg92-93.jpg

Anyway, that's the point of being ambiguous. It can go either way. Not going into details in regards to Cybil avoids contradicting the two good endings. All that has ever been said is that she disappeared. Same thing with James Sunderland in Silent Hill 4. It revealed that he disappeared but the details are not specified to avoid contradicting the endings.

Honestly, this debate is like beating a dead horse. :lol:
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Unlike with Silent Hill 2, Team Silent has openly confirmed which Silent Hill 1 ending is the correct one. They confirmed that Silent Hill 3 is based upon this ending.

So, either Owaku is openly contradicting his own team, or he's screwing with you in the same way Vincent screwed with Heather. No one with any sense of logic thinks Heather is gunning down real people in Silent Hill 3. Likewise, no one with any sense of logic thinks GOOD+ is anything but a fun bonus for people replaying Silent Hill 1.

The Silent Hill: Play Novel is not canon, but if it were, I understand it would only serve to confirm Cybil's death. Something to do with her viewing her own gravestone.
SyphonFilter1987

It's not just Owaku. There's also the statement that leaves open the possibility that Harry used the red liquid on Cybil but managed to find more for the sake of his daughter And I wasn't talking about Silent Hill: Play Novel. :roll: I don't believe that thing is canon. I was talking about the novelette. MMY/ERROR mentioned it and so did some other guy. I think his name is Burning Man. :?
Last edited by SyphonFilter1987 on 22 Jul 2009, edited 1 time in total.
alone in the town

SyphonFilter1987 wrote:It's not just Owaku. There's also the statement that leaves open the possibility that Harry used the red liquid on Cybil but managed to find more for the sake of his daughter
If you wish to interpret it that way, I guess. There are other ways to interpret that statement, too.
And I wasn't talking about Silent Hill: Play Novel. :roll: I don't believe that thing is canon. I was talking about the novelette. MMY/ERROR mentioned it and so did some other guy. I think his name is Burning Man. :?:
That's great. I still place the statements of the developers regarding the game above the vagaries of some fan-fiction writer.
SyphonFilter1987

MMY/ERROR and Burning Man said the novelette uses the canon ending (the good+ ending in the book) of Silent Hill and that it was sanctioned by the developers. I'm just stating what they said. :?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yeah and Cybil helped Harry "kidnap" that Jesus machine. What you think is irrelevant. Just because you think it's silly doesn't stop it from being true
Good thing it's not true anyway, right? Because it's fucking stupid, and Claudia never saw a perfect vision of what happened. How did Harry "help", anyway? She shot at Dahlia unsuccessfully, got her ass thrown across the room, then ran away with Harry after the "kidnapping" was already inexecution.
And The Order is a crazy group. As Wheeler said in that Homecoming game, they don't take kindly to people who don't share their beliefs.
"Not taking kindly" is different from "kill fucking everyone who slights you." The Order isn't ALL crazy. People like Claudia, Dahlia, and Leonard are seen as frightening, heretical, and batshit crazy in that order by the rest of the Order, as we're told in notes and recordings and by the developers themselves.
And of course Claudia doesn't mention Cybil. As Hiroyuki Owaku pointed out in The Book of Lost Memories, Cybil is not involved with Silent Hill 3. Those are his words, not mine.
Uea, I know what he said. But WHY isn't Cybil involved? Probably because she's pushing up daisies. There's no in-character reason why she wouldn't. Cybil's willing to fight demons to save a stranger's daughter by her own world. "It's crazy, but if there's a chance to save your daughter, I'm in."

If Cybil was in any way capable of helping Heather in any form, she would, and suggesting to the contrary requires Cybil to stop acting like Cybil. You might as well suggest that Kauffman only ever fucked Lisa that one time in Origins and at no other point, ever.
MMY/ERROR and Burning Man said the novelette uses the canon ending (the good+ ending in the book) of Silent Hill and that it was sanctioned by the developers. I'm just stating what they said.
MMY also has his own personal opinions and can be a conceited dick who uses his own theories as facts to support other theories. He's not exactly the Prophet of Silent Hill, and I wish people would stop treating every word he says like gospel. I get the same treatment in the .hack fandom, and it's fucking annoying.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SyphonFilter1987

AuraTwilight wrote:
Yeah and Cybil helped Harry "kidnap" that Jesus machine. What you think is irrelevant. Just because you think it's silly doesn't stop it from being true
Good thing it's not true anyway, right? Because it's fucking stupid, and Claudia never saw a perfect vision of what happened. How did Harry "help", anyway? She shot at Dahlia unsuccessfully, got her ass thrown across the room, then ran away with Harry after the "kidnapping" was already inexecution.
And The Order is a crazy group. As Wheeler said in that Homecoming game, they don't take kindly to people who don't share their beliefs.
"Not taking kindly" is different from "kill fucking everyone who slights you." The Order isn't ALL crazy. People like Claudia, Dahlia, and Leonard are seen as frightening, heretical, and batshit crazy in that order by the rest of the Order, as we're told in notes and recordings and by the developers themselves.
Uea, I know what he said. But WHY isn't Cybil involved? Probably because she's pushing up daisies. There's no in-character reason why she wouldn't. Cybil's willing to fight demons to save a stranger's daughter by her own world. "It's crazy, but if there's a chance to save your daughter, I'm in."

If Cybil was in any way capable of helping Heather in any form, she would, and suggesting to the contrary requires Cybil to stop acting like Cybil. You might as well suggest that Kauffman only ever fucked Lisa that one time in Origins and at no other point, ever.
MMY/ERROR and Burning Man said the novelette uses the canon ending (the good+ ending in the book) of Silent Hill and that it was sanctioned by the developers. I'm just stating what they said.
MMY also has his own personal opinions and can be a conceited dick who uses his own theories as facts to support other theories. He's not exactly the Prophet of Silent Hill, and I wish people would stop treating every word he says like gospel. I get the same treatment in the .hack fandom, and it's fucking annoying.

Calm down lady. Just because you think it's fucking stupid doesn't mean it is. By the way, don't you mean Cybil helped? You said Harry helped. Now who's being stupid? And yes, Cybil did help Harry. She looked for Cheryl and tried to stop Dahlia from making Alessa birth the god. It's not hard to believe The Order would try to kill her for revenge and even if they didn't, it doesn't change the possibility that she got scared and left town.

And why Cybil wasn't involved in Silent Hill 3? Because her fate is AMBIGUOUS. Owaku said what happened to her after the events of Silent Hill is left to players' imaginations. There's no reason for her to be in Silent Hill 3. It has nothing to do with her. There's no reason for her to be with Harry or Heather. Cybil only knew Harry for like one day.

By the way, I don't agree with everything MMY says. I don't believe Mary Shepherd was in Brookhaven before the events of Silent Hill 2. Oh, and I have never played Silent Hill: Origins. I did see a cutscene involving Lisa and Kaufmann being in a hotel room on Youtube though.

And seriously, you need to stop beating a dead horse. You're the one who keeps bumping this thread. I have the right to my opinion.

By the way, what's uea? Is that Latin or something? :lol:
Last edited by SyphonFilter1987 on 22 Jul 2009, edited 6 times in total.
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

SyphonFilter1987 wrote:

Calm down lady. Just because you think it's fucking stupid doesn't mean it is. By the way, don't you mean Cybil helped? You said Harry helped. Now who's being stupid? And yes, Cybil did help Harry. She looked for Cybil, tried to kill Dahlia and was investigating the drug trade. It's not hard to believe The Order would try to kill her and even if they didn't, it doesn't change the possibility that she got scared and left town.
Please, if you're going to call someone stupid for getting a name mixed up, then try not to make exactly the same mistake.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
SyphonFilter1987

stopped_clock wrote:
SyphonFilter1987 wrote:

Calm down lady. Just because you think it's fucking stupid doesn't mean it is. By the way, don't you mean Cybil helped? You said Harry helped. Now who's being stupid? And yes, Cybil did help Harry. She looked for Cybil, tried to kill Dahlia and was investigating the drug trade. It's not hard to believe The Order would try to kill her and even if they didn't, it doesn't change the possibility that she got scared and left town.
Please, if you're going to call someone stupid for getting a name mixed up, then try not to make exactly the same mistake.

LOL, you got me. I type fast and don't check for mistakes. Fine, me and Aura Twilight are BOTH stupid. :oops: :lol:

I stand by my other statement though. She's the one who is still beating a dead horse. :roll:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Calm down lady.
I'm not a lady.
Just because you think it's fucking stupid doesn't mean it is. By the way, don't you mean Cybil helped? You said Harry helped. Now who's being stupid?
It's five in the morning, go fuck yourself. What the hell is your problem with calling people morons over the slightest thing? I've called ideas stupid, but not people.
And yes, Cybil did help Harry. She looked for Cheryl and tried to stop Dahlia from making Alessa birth the god. It's not hard to believe The Order would try to kill her for revenge and even if they didn't, it doesn't change the possibility that she got scared and left town.
Claudia didn't seem to have seen any of that though, because if she did she'd know Alessa didn't want to birth God.

and Cybil's character puts her duty before fear. If she was gonna skip town, she'd leave with Harry and Heather.
And why Cybil wasn't involved in Silent Hill 3? Because her fate is AMBIGUOUS. Owaku said what happened to her after the events of Silent Hill is left to players' imaginations. There's no reason for her to be in Silent Hill 3. It has nothing to do with her. There's no reason for her to be with Harry or Heather. Cybil only knew Harry for like one day.
It has everything to do with her. If the Order can find Harry, it can find Cybil, and there's no reason why Cybil and Harry wouldn't keep in contact, and they have every reason in the world to stick together for safety. Good ending is canonical, her fate is ambiguous.
By the way, I don't agree with everything MMY says. I don't believe Mary Shepherd was in Brookhaven before the events of Silent Hill 2.
Then support your opinion with your own evidence instead of "MMY said"
And seriously, you need to stop beating a dead horse. You're the one who keeps bumping this thread. Just because you think you are the almighty God doesn't mean you are.
You're the one who bumped the thread after months of inactivity. You're the one I see acting as an almighty God, doing whatever the fuck you want, insulting people, and making demands and treating them as settled even if people don't agree to them. Get the fuck off the pedestal and stop talking down to people.
LOL, you got me. I type fast and don't check for mistakes.
Pfft. Atleast my exuse is "It's 5 in the morning and English isn't my first language and I type with a korean keyboard."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SyphonFilter1987

AuraTwilight wrote:
Calm down lady.
I'm not a lady.
Just because you think it's fucking stupid doesn't mean it is. By the way, don't you mean Cybil helped? You said Harry helped. Now who's being stupid?
It's five in the morning, go fuck yourself. What the hell is your problem with calling people morons over the slightest thing? I've called ideas stupid, but not people.
And yes, Cybil did help Harry. She looked for Cheryl and tried to stop Dahlia from making Alessa birth the god. It's not hard to believe The Order would try to kill her for revenge and even if they didn't, it doesn't change the possibility that she got scared and left town.
Claudia didn't seem to have seen any of that though, because if she did she'd know Alessa didn't want to birth God.

and Cybil's character puts her duty before fear. If she was gonna skip town, she'd leave with Harry and Heather.
It has everything to do with her. If the Order can find Harry, it can find Cybil, and there's no reason why Cybil and Harry wouldn't keep in contact, and they have every reason in the world to stick together for safety. Good ending is canonical, her fate is ambiguous.
By the way, I don't agree with everything MMY says. I don't believe Mary Shepherd was in Brookhaven before the events of Silent Hill 2.
Then support your opinion with your own evidence instead of "MMY said"
And seriously, you need to stop beating a dead horse. You're the one who keeps bumping this thread. Just because you think you are the almighty God doesn't mean you are.
You're the one who bumped the thread after months of inactivity. You're the one I see acting as an almighty God, doing whatever the fuck you want, insulting people, and making demands and treating them as settled even if people don't agree to them. Get the fuck off the pedestal and stop talking down to people.
LOL, you got me. I type fast and don't check for mistakes.
Pfft. Atleast my exuse is "It's 5 in the morning and English isn't my first language and I type with a korean keyboard."

You're Korean? I always pictured you being white. Anyway, I didn't bump the thread. PeachySekura did. And the Good+ ending is not canonical. Any of the Good endings is possible. And what your opinion is doesn't matter. Hiroyuki Owaku said Cybil's fate is up to the player. Silent Hill 3 has nothing to do with Cybil. Whether you like it or not. Cybil's fate is officially ambiguous.

As for fucking myself. LOL, no way. :lol:
Last edited by SyphonFilter1987 on 22 Jul 2009, edited 2 times in total.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm not Korean, though, I'm Japanese. I learned Japanese, then Korean, then English. And yea, way to be subtly racist.

I know you bumped one of the two threads discussing Cybil. Either way, you're not one to talk about beating the dead horse; you restarted the argument even if PeachySakura revived the thread. Cease the hypocrisy.
SyphonFilter1987

AuraTwilight wrote:I'm not Korean, though, I'm Japanese. I learned Japanese, then Korean, then English. And yea, way to be subtly racist.

I know you bumped one of the two threads discussing Cybil. Either way, you're not one to talk about beating the dead horse; you restarted the argument even if PeachySakura revived the thread. Cease the hypocrisy.
Well I'm sorry about getting your race and gender wrong. :oops: And I'm sorry for being a jackass. All I know is English and Spanish. And fine, I'll cease the hypocrisy but let me keep my opinion and don't call it stupid. You believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. This is fair. After all, Cybil's fate is left to players' imaginations. :wink:
alone in the town

At no point in any of these discussions has anyone said, or even implied, that you had no right to your opinions.

I think your opinion is 99.9975% without logical merit, but you have every right to express your opinion and no one has attempted to deny you that right.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

And furthermore, people have criticized your opinion and disagreed with it, even called the idea stupid, but that's not the same thing as "You need to change your opinion and you're an idiot."
JiGoKuShOuJiN
Just Passing Through

Post by JiGoKuShOuJiN »

But then if Cybil was dead.... there would probably be something about her in SH3 like "A cop helped me while searching for you... but i pwned her"
or something like that....
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

JiGoKuShOuJiN wrote:But then if Cybil was dead.... there would probably be something about her in SH3 like "A cop helped me while searching for you... but i pwned her"
I'm not really sure that you would tell your daughter that you're a cop killer!
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
SyphonFilter1987

JiGoKuShOuJiN wrote:But then if Cybil was dead.... there would probably be something about her in SH3 like "A cop helped me while searching for you... but i pwned her"
stopped_clock wrote:
I'm not really sure that you would tell your daughter that you're a cop killer!
Again, Cybil is not mentioned because her fate is ambiguous. If Heather did know anything about whether Cybil died or lived, she kept it to herself. Either way, Cybil is not involved with Silent Hill 3.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

But then if Cybil was dead.... there would probably be something about her in SH3 like "A cop helped me while searching for you... but i pwned her"
Okay, so Cybil isn't mentioned either way, but what's more likely? Mentioning someone who's alive and could help Heather, or mentioning someone you killed in self-defense but didn't know all that well? Anyway, Cybil's fate is probably in Harry's "To My Precious Daughter."
SyphonFilter1987

The first one is more likely in my opinion since nothing suggests or even implies that Cybil would stay in contact with Harry for 17 years. And as Hiroyuki Owaku (The scenario writer for Silent Hill 3) said, she's not involved with Silent Hill 3. But believe what you want. You do have the right to your opinion. Let me reiterate that.

And yes, Cybil's fate is DEFINITELY in Harry's "To My Precious Daughter" letter. :lol:
Last edited by SyphonFilter1987 on 23 Jul 2009, edited 3 times in total.