NTSC Silent Hill

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

NTSC Silent Hill

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section but I wanted to know if the NTSC version of Silent Hill will work in my European PS3. Homecoming from the US works but then the games are region free aren't they. I was just wondering as I wanted to play the Uncencored version.
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

If I recall, Silent Hill 1 had a pretty nasty audio-related bug when played on the PS3. I don't know if that issue was ever taken care of, as it's been about a year since I last tried to play SH1 on my PS3.
Last edited by Terminus on 08 Jan 2009, edited 2 times in total.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Yeah, that bug is still there, but I live in the UK so i have a PAL version of the game, 2 of them actually, and I wanna play the NTSC version because that one isnt cencered
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

I don't believe that NTSC Silent Hill 1 will work on your PS3. What I heard was, while the PS3 games don't have a region lock, PSX and PS2 games still retain them.
blueoccult

Post by blueoccult »

You could always try finding an old PSX on ebay or something, I dont believe they are that expensive.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I would need an NTSC one then wouldn't I. Gurrr, Oh well. Never mind. Thanks for the help anyway.