Lisa's painting??? (spoilers)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Lisa's painting??? (spoilers)

Post by silenced angel »

Recently checked a Topic about Lisa's purpose, and noticed I made a comment more than two years ago, but noone answered, so I decided to open this topic. checked the SH1 list of topics didn't find anything about it

When you first meet Lisa in the hospital, we see a CGI animation, Lisa crawls to Harry and hugs him, however in the wall behind Lisa there's a painting with a black frame, and there's a woman in that painting...

Now, is it me or that woman looks like Lisa?

I got a youtube link, look at the wall behind Lisa after 00:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwdHpPIeJKI

And the actual image (the best I could get):

Hope this thread might be useful, and probably get an answer, or an opinion
thanks
nanook in heaven...
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

To me, it doesnt really look like Lisa. Lisa has straight hair and the girl in the picture does not.
Last edited by King Crimson on 12 Mar 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Greiver
Just Passing Through

Post by Greiver »

It does..wow I never would've noticed that...so no it isn't just you does it serve any purpose though or is it an easter egg>?

OOH she is employee of the month :D
Checking into reality
silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by silenced angel »

Thanks for sharing your opinions.

I actually thought about a theory for that painting, it may spoil someone
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:

if it really shows Lisa, it represents the room in which she is safe, a gift from Alessa in her twisted world: Lisa's room. And she's not suposed to leave that place, or else she will find out about herself. When she leaves, she remembers the stress she had when taking care of Alessa, and questions herself about being a person like Harry, or a monster, or the memory of someone else, and that destroys her...

Remember we meet her in that room 4 of the 5 times she appears, and althought she seems scared, she even claims that's the safest place for her, after she tells Harry she got out she starts remember and her world starts coming down.

Also, maybe has nothing to do, but we meet Kauffman for the first time, and Dahlia for the second time in that same room just in foggy world.
thanks for taking your time to read
nanook in heaven...
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Hmm, I guess it sorta looks like her... but then again, it just sort of looks like a generic portiat of a woman.
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

When Lisa starts remembering, isn't that when Alessa is losing control? Also, isn't the point to make Harry leave so Dahlia can't reach her? If that's so, that means the less Lisa remembers, the better. But why? That would mean that Lisa NOT remembering would somehow make Harry leave... :?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I think Lisa's purpose was to distract Harry and play on his kindness so he'd stop searching for Alessa and interrupting her plans.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

Well but I don't think just making friends w/Harry would divert him from finding his daughter.
bsheffield87
Just Passing Through

Post by bsheffield87 »

silenced angel wrote:Thanks for sharing your opinions.

I actually thought about a theory for that painting, it may spoil someone

if it really shows Lisa, it represents the room in which she is safe, a gift from Alessa in her twisted world: Lisa's room. And she's not suposed to leave that place, or else she will find out about herself. When she leaves, she remembers the stress she had when taking care of Alessa, and questions herself about being a person like Harry, or a monster, or the memory of someone else, and that destroys her...

Remember we meet her in that room 4 of the 5 times she appears, and althought she seems scared, she even claims that's the safest place for her, after she tells Harry she got out she starts remember and her world starts coming down.

Also, maybe has nothing to do, but we meet Kauffman for the first time, and Dahlia for the second time in that same room just in foggy world.
thanks for taking your time to read
That's actually a really interesting idea. BUT,
if you remember, although we meet Kauffman in that room as well, he's sitting in a chair with a gun and a monster lying before him that he'd just killed. So it can't be a safe room for him. Maybe it's safe in the otherworld but not in the foggy world or maybe only safe for Lisa? I don't know. It all gets confusing sometimes.
Fall, fall, fall, to the bottom of Hell,
Pool of blood, sea of fire, and needle mountains.
Fall man to Hell. Fall, fall, demons of Hell are calling you,
Pool of blood, sea of fire, and needle mountains.
Can't you hear the groan of the dead? Fall, fall, the darkness of Hell is boundless,
Pool of blood, sea of fire, and needle mountains. It is the lullaby of Hell.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Well but I don't think just making friends w/Harry would divert him from finding his daughter.
THANK YOU

The "Lisa is a manifestation to stop Harry" is one of the dumbest ideas I've read. So, Harry makes a new friend in a new place and he's just supposed to . . . stop! everything he's doing—namely finding his daughter—b/c this stranger tells him not to leave?

Right. Makes perfect sense.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

Wow, I thought that was generally accepted. It certainly was on SHF uk. I had read in a couple plot analyses that Lisa is there to somehow stop Harry from finding his daughter. And since I thought it was the accepted theory, I had wondered, being devil's advocate, how she does that. I know it's the one person Alessa feels comfortable with...since Lisa was nice to her. But there must be some other reason why she is there. Since Lisa starts "losing it" when Alessa's plans start getting screwed up by Dahlia, that means Lisa in her "normal" state is that way for some reason--that the Lisa being normal is helping Alessa. I have to believe it's more than just to be a nice girl for Harry to meet. That being supposedly so, I wanted to know HOW she is helping Alessa/stopping Harry.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

commonly accepted ≠ true

Lisa's not helping Alessa or Harry. She was brought into the otherworld just like the rest of the staff—as she & M.K. indicate—and managed to avoid the parasites that attacked Alchemilla Hospital's staff by staying in the examination room.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well but I don't think just making friends w/Harry would divert him from finding his daughter
Obviously not, since it doesn't work. But the intent is clearly there. "Don't leave me! Please!"
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Except that's not Alessa's doing, b/c Lisa is acting of her own volition: She doesn't want Harry to leave—and not b/c Alessa is commanding Lisa to say that.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Well but I don't think just making friends w/Harry would divert him from finding his daughter
Obviously not, since it doesn't work. But the intent is clearly there. "Don't leave me! Please!"
I think you're right. Alessa just underestimated what a parent will go through to find their child.
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Except that's not Alessa's doing, b/c Lisa is acting of her own volition: She doesn't want Harry to leave—and not b/c Alessa is commanding Lisa to say that.
That's your opinion.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Still doesn't change the fact that a pretty nurse isn't going to deter Harry from finding his daughter. Not much else did--in fact, everything seemed to conspire to make him more determined to find her, if that was at all possible. Not only that, when Lisa pleads for Harry to not leave her (I think after she tells him about the waterworks / sewer) he doesn't listen to what she says. He just comforts her, saying he'll come back as soon as he can. Hell, I think he even offered to have her come along if she was so determined to not be alone. But she said no, and he left anyway.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>That's your opinion.
No, not entirely. Lisa does nothing Alessa would have her do, assuming—an epic assumption—Lisa is Alessa's creation (which she isn't . . .). The entire argument is flawed: Alessa wants to stop Harry so she creates monsters to kill him; while those monsters fail, she also creates a pretty nurse to stop him from proceeding. How does Lisa attempt to stop Harry? "Please don't leave."

Real convincing, that Lisa. I bet she was on the debate squad. Probably squad leader.

To say Lisa is a construct of Alessa goes against what logic dictates. To say Lisa is a construct made to stop Harry is even more illogical.

Everything you seem to believe disregards (overlooked) evidence.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

MMY wrote:To say Lisa is a construct made to stop Harry is even more illogical.
I wouldn't downright say it's "illogical" because people can say that Alessa was trying to toy with emotion instead of "brute force" to stop Harry.

People like myself would disagree simply because there is a better alternative to stop Harry if that was Alessa's intention.

Cheryl. A construct in the appearance of Cheryl will throw Harry off any day. The dream sequence in the beginning is indication of that.

So, it doesn't make much sense to me that Alessa would create Lisa to stop Harry, when she perfectly knew a better candidate for that job.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

But Lisa was killed by Kaufmann. She's dead. So she must be Alessa's creation. I wish someone from the UK forum was here that really knew the theory/plot; I'm basically regurgitating what was said there. I've also read it in plot analyses.