Lisa's painting??? (spoilers)

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

whiteclaudia9
Just Passing Through

Post by whiteclaudia9 »

Oh yeah! The eye twitching thing...That had me confused for the longest time.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Her eye is twitching.
She abuses a highly addictive and potent hallucinogen.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
GrievousGarland

Post by GrievousGarland »

MMY wrote:>Her eye is twitching.
She abuses a highly addictive and potent hallucinogen.
That she has no recollection of doing. She doesn't remember the basement storeroom. None of that shit happened to the Lisa we meet.

Plus, she shows no other affects till then. You can rationalize it that way if you wish. But it's just plain stupid.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

It doesn't make much sense for Alessa to try other measures when she already knows one that will be effective.

Sorry to say, but that sounds like a pretty uneducated statement. It makes perfect sense to use other measures. If you were really that intent on stopping someone, wouldn't you use ANY means at your disposal? Sure, the "cheryl construct" worked in a sense, but I'm sure she would try any and everything else as backup in case cheryl failed or only served to slow harry down, which, in essence, is all she did.
revalations 23:16
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

I don't thin PTV is potent enough to cause derangements and eye twitching HOURS after the last dosage (you can't tell me Lisa's been snorting the shit while waiting for Harry).

And to me, it seems pretty clear that the events were set off by Alessa's control being broken. While Alessa is active, Lisa has a subconscious drive to not leave the room she can't explain or override, then when the Flauros is used, Lisa gains enough willpower and freedom to go investigate the basement.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>That she has no recollection of doing.
So if I don't remember doing something I didn't do it? Vehicular manslaughter never sounded so feasible.

>PTV [isn't] potent enough to cause derangements and eye twitching HOURS after the last dosage
And you base this on. . . ? As far as I know, there's absolutely nothing regarding the effects of PTV save for what the audience is shown in Silent Hill. I'm pretty sure what you mean to say is, "I don't like the idea PTV is potent enough to cause eye twitching b/c I don't want to think you may have in fact introduced a point I had previously not considered."

>Lisa gains enough willpower and freedom to go investigate the basement.
Funny that the place she goes afterward is where all the PTV is.
Last edited by The Adversary on 26 Jun 2009, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

MMY wrote:>That she has no recollection of doing.
So if I don't remember doing something I didn't do it? Vehicular manslaughter never sounded so feasible.

>PTV [isn't] potent enough to cause derangements and eye twitching HOURS after the last dosage
And you base this on. . . ? As far as I know, there's absolutely nothing regarding the effects of PTV save for what the audience is shown in Silent Hill. I'm pretty what you mean to say is, "I don't like the idea PTV is potent enough to cause eye twitching b/c I don't want to think you may have in fact introduced a point I had previously not considered."

....so there!

Does her eye twitching really have to mean anything speacial? Maybe she just has a tick....
GrievousGarland

MMY wrote:>That she has no recollection of doing.

And you base this on. . . ? As far as I know, there's absolutely nothing regarding the effects of PTV save for what the audience is shown in Silent Hill. I'm pretty sure what you mean to say is, "I don't like the idea PTV is potent enough to cause eye twitching b/c I don't want to think you may have in fact introduced a point I had previously not considered."

Yes, but nothing indicates that PTV would do that. You are assuming it does because you don't like the idea of Lisa falling apart.

She wouldn't take any of that PTV in the basement anyway because she doesn't know what it is. Remember? The basement seems only vaguely familiar.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>nothing indicates that PTV would do that.
Occam's razor slices and dices:

Lisa's eye twitches b/c she's falling apart after a præternatural pyramid is unleashed vs. Lisa's eye twitches b/c she has a drug problem

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . .

>She wouldn't take any of that PTV in the basement anyway because she doesn't know what it is.
The boxes all indicate exactly what's in them. Lisa knows how to read. I bet she could figure it out.

Regardless of how familiar she is down there, she goes there. Remember the last line of her diary? "Need drug." Huh. And Harry happens to find her in M.K.'s drug storeroom.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
GrievousGarland

MMY wrote:>nothing indicates that PTV would do that.
Occam's razor slices and dices:

Lisa's eye twitches b/c she's falling apart after a præternatural pyramid is unleashed vs. Lisa's eye twitches b/c she has a drug problem

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . .

>She wouldn't take any of that PTV in the basement anyway because she doesn't know what it is.
The boxes all indicate exactly what's in them. Lisa knows how to read. I bet she could figure it out.

Regardless of how familiar she is down there, she goes there. Remember the last line of her diary? "Need drug." Huh. And Harry happens to find her in M.K.'s drug storeroom.
Lisa doesn't know she has a drug problem until after she leaves Harry the last time. It is impossible for her to have taken the white claudia she finds in the basement and the result be the eye twitch.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Lisa doesn't know she has a drug problem
I wish I would've recorded my immediate reaction to reading that. I don't think I could possibly imitate the "WHAT?" I just ejected.

So the final line of her diary is no indication of addiction? and, equally important, how is it "impossible for her to have taken the [PTV] she finds in the basement'?

This discussion becomes more and more absurd as the moments pass, and you're making less and less sense as the moments pass. I have a feeling there's a direct correlation between the two.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

MMY wrote:>Lisa doesn't know she has a drug problem
I wish I would've recorded my immediate reaction to reading that. I don't think I could possibly imitate the "WHAT?" I just ejected.

So the final line of her diary is no indication of addiction? and, equally important, how is it "impossible for her to have taken the [PTV] she finds in the basement'?

This discussion becomes more and more absurd as the moments pass, and you're making less and less sense as the moments pass. I have a feeling there's a direct correlation between the two.
You should change your name from MMY to AHLW. (Always Has the Last Word)

Good point about the absurdity to nonsense correlation of the latter pages of this thread though...
GrievousGarland

MMY wrote:>Lisa doesn't know she has a drug problem

Hmm... you must not get it. Before Lisa finds that diary she doesn't know she has a drug problem. She doesn't know who Alessa is, and the basement is only vaguely familiar. She doesn't even know what white claudia is.

The past 7 years are gone, this is made evident by her not knowing what's in the basement when Harry asks. When she does finally go down there, it's only "strangely familiar". She hasn't put together any of the pieces. So she isn't going to dope herself up and sit behind Harry and twitch when he wakes up. That's bullshit.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

I jump into the middle of this argument to say:
You're arguing over whether the twitch in someone's eye is relevant or not. Whether it's because she's "falling apart" or because she's on dope doesn't matter. The point is to immediately get you suspicious about what's going on, make those little flags go up. Arguing over what it's caused by is nearly pointless.
GrievousGarland

Yes, I suppose it is. MMY and I clearly have drastic disagreements over the nature of Lisa. I don't think any of this debating is going to iron them out.

I mean, I'm arguing with the guy who thinks that Lisa has a parasite. It's futile.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

You can at least prove to yourself, and whoever's reading your posts, your point. Unfortunately I never saw the point because I was too busy wondering why you guys were arguing over something so superficial. But hey, that's just me; maybe this is a bigger deal than I can see.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Hmm... you must not get it.
There's nothing to "get." Lisa doesn't "find" the diary. Harry does.

Your clouded perception of what you want Lisa to be is absurd, and disregards logic.

>You can at least prove to yourself, and whoever's reading your posts, your point.
He can't prove his point b/c there's no evidence w/ which to prove it. Fan-fiction doesn't count.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
GrievousGarland

MMY wrote:>Hmm... you must not get it.
There's nothing to "get." Lisa doesn't "find" the diary. Harry does.

Your clouded perception of what you want Lisa to be is absurd, and disregards logic.

>You can at least prove to yourself, and whoever's reading your posts, your point.
He can't prove his point b/c there's no evidence w/ which to prove it. Fan-fiction doesn't count.
Like I said, we disagree. But calling it fan-fiction is kinda rude. I'm just going on what the game gives me. The game doesn't need to print everything in huge, red letters for it to be true. Are you also the person that doesn't believe that Angela was sexually abused? :roll:

Plus, given the fact that what you think makes zero sense... my logic is a lot clearer.

and listen, that diary doesn't appear until after you watch Lisa die (again!), before that it's no where to be found. Isn't it safe to assume that the diary's appearance has something to do with Lisa appearing (you know, like she had it on her person)?

and like I said, the poor girl remembers nothing, not until long after you see the eye twitch. Do I have to make you a time line? You are not getting it buddy. Wish you'd listen for once.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, more, "There's pretty much no drug in real life that still retains a high for over eight hours like PTV would have to in order to be responsible, and there's especially no drug in real life that is taken, has a high, then stops doing anything, then several hours alter, starts making the bitch tweak back out."
It's also where Alessa's Room is, and probably what made her freak out and start remembering things. I don't know about you, but even if I was a drug addict, I wouldn't be shooting up while my coworkers are possessed zombies out to kill me.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

AuraTwilight wrote:I don't know about you, but even if I was a drug addict, I wouldn't be shooting up while my coworkers are possessed zombies out to kill me.
You don't know junkies very well...

We don't know anything about the effects. It's very plausible that the twitching is caused by the drug; it's also plausible that it's a nervous reaction. Agree to disagree.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]