Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 10 Dec 2019

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11384
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
You don't know junkies very well...

I know that a good number of junkies can put off their addictions momentarily to get out of a life or death situation.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jun 2009
Notes left: 648
Unfortunately, a good number of junkies put themselves into life or death situations to fix.

I'm speaking of heroin though, there's no knowing the effects of addiction and withdrawal in PTV

Post subject:

neonblack wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:
I don't know about you, but even if I was a drug addict, I wouldn't be shooting up while my coworkers are possessed zombies out to kill me.

You don't know junkies very well...

We don't know anything about the effects. It's very plausible that the twitching is caused by the drug; it's also plausible that it's a nervous reaction. Agree to disagree.

People are forgetting that it's impossible for Lisa to have taken the white Claudia in the basement because she barely remembers anything when she returns to Harry to tell him about it. She isn't going to scoop and snort a bunch of white powder that seems "strangely familiar" to her, if she even saw that stuff down there in the first place.

The eye twitch occurs directly after the flauros is used. You see a very drastic change in Lisa. Her movements are jerky and unnatural too. The main point of that cutscene was to tell you that something was wrong with her. It's screaming for you to make the connection between the flauros and it.

and plus, the cutscene of Lisa falling apart makes no sense either unless you blame it on the flauros. Why would she die then? You try to say it's because she realizes she's dead, but she shows intent in staying alive. She wants Harry to stay with her, to "protect her". It's obvious that she still wants to go on living whether she is undead or not. Yet, she falls apart because she no longer has the power to hold herself together. Without Alessa she unravels right in front of Harry's eyes.

Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Dec 2004
Notes left: 2560
Last seen at: Insomnia land, where I am Queen!
See, this is why I <3 Aura. Fun to debate with, and actually knows enough junkies to know how they would react in a zombie apocalypse. :D And I thought I had a colorful cast of friends. :D
Thomas, you ignored my post, or missed it. Are you not the one who started the whole Lisa is dead and she falls apart because of the Flauros thing? I swear I read that in one of your theories, and I was like "oh, yeah, that makes sense."
In any event, I can't go with you on this one. If Lisa is dead, she isn't snorting anything. Even if she did, would drugs have an effect on someone who is a construct of someone else's mind? I can just hear that conversation in the afterlife, or while they are chilling as ghosts somewhere.
Alessa: Goddamit, Lisa, I created you to keep Harry busy, not get high.
Lisa: I have no idea what's going on here. *snorts*
Alessa: *sigh* Dumb, flirty, PTV addicted bitch. I don't know why I loved you so.

:D

Peachy's Predictions on Tumblr
Peachy's Predictions. on LiveJournal

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Jun 2009
Notes left: 82
This topic is WAY off. I mean it's supposed to be about the picture right? Now it's turned into a stupid arguement where people just yell "I'm right" back and forth.
Has anyone stopped to consider that either possiblity holds water? Nope it's just my way or your an idiot. Frankly Silent Hill is a series that offers the ablity to hold diffrent beliefs on what happened. When people become stubberon like all of you are being then you start argueing and topics become way off. Like I said this topic is
"Lisa's Painting???"

(I'd like to note Lisa still exists in the town in the third game, so she didn't dissapear or fall apart or whatever. Maybe because she remembered she is now being punished for it, mayeb she was gievn the gift of "completely" forgetting and becoming the Lisa that Alessa loved so the town could not punish her, but when Alessa's power waned she could no longer hold back those memories and the returned to Lisa. Since Lisa regain those memories the town punished her. If we think about Sielnt Hill 2, maybe Lisa is being punished, because now that she remembers she thinks she should be punished....that just popped into my head out of no where)

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>Are you not the one who started the whole Lisa is dead and she falls apart because of the Flauros thing?
No, I'm not. President Evil probably did in 1999.

>If Lisa is dead, she isn't snorting anything.
I've only said Lisa is dead after Harry sees her bleed in the storeroom. Neither Harry nor the audience sees Lisa "snorting anything" after then, either, so I'm not sure what you're point is.

>would drugs have an effect on someone who is a construct of someone else's mind?
Again: I'm not saying the Lisa in Silent Hill is a "construct of [Alessa]'s mind."

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2008
Notes left: 586
Last seen at: Lake Tahoe, U.S.A.
OverlordMikey wrote:
This topic is WAY off. I mean it's supposed to be about the picture right? Now it's turned into a stupid arguement where people just yell "I'm right" back and forth.
Has anyone stopped to consider that either possiblity holds water? Nope it's just my way or your an idiot. Frankly Silent Hill is a series that offers the ablity to hold diffrent beliefs on what happened. When people become stubberon like all of you are being then you start argueing and topics become way off. Like I said this topic is
"Lisa's Painting???"

(I'd like to note Lisa still exists in the town in the third game, so she didn't dissapear or fall apart or whatever. Maybe because she remembered she is now being punished for it, mayeb she was gievn the gift of "completely" forgetting and becoming the Lisa that Alessa loved so the town could not punish her, but when Alessa's power waned she could no longer hold back those memories and the returned to Lisa. Since Lisa regain those memories the town punished her. If we think about Sielnt Hill 2, maybe Lisa is being punished, because now that she remembers she thinks she should be punished....that just popped into my head out of no where)

And who the hell are you? Stop being a quazi-moderator. We don't need to be lectured by you about "being stubborn" ...It's called "debating" And you have no place to say which side conversations, that happen to be mostly about Lisa anyway, are considered "arguing"
and discredit them.

revalations 23:16

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

SHACKled89451 wrote:
OverlordMikey wrote:
"Lisa's Painting???"

And who the hell are you? Stop being a quazi-moderator. We don't need to be lectured by you about "being stubborn" ...It's called "debating" And you have no place to say which side conversations, that happen to be mostly about Lisa anyway, are considered "arguing"
and discredit them.

I was saying this topic has gotten way off track and no one is going to prove themselves right since neither answer can be proven as the truth. I'm not trying to be a quazi-moderator. I'm saying your "debateing" about something that has nothing to do with the topic of the post.

I never discredited anyone what are you talking about?

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

>I was saying this topic has gotten way off track

And I'm saying that's not really your call to make, hence "quazi-moderator"

>I'm saying your "debateing" about something that has nothing to do with the topic of the post.

The thread is about "Lisa's painting" Is it really so strange that this topic would spur several side-discussions about, um, LISA?

That's what this forum is for, if the thread doesn't spawn a deeper conversation surrounding the topic, than it get's pretty boring.

If the topic really starts going in a wierd direction or people start flaming each other, then a real moderator steps in and cools things down.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

SHACKled89451 wrote:
>I was saying this topic has gotten way off track

And I'm saying that's not really your call to make, hence "quazi-moderator"

>I'm saying your "debateing" about something that has nothing to do with the topic of the post.

The thread is about "Lisa's painting" Is it really so strange that this topic would spur several side-discussions about, um, LISA?

That's what this forum is for, if the thread doesn't spawn a deeper conversation surrounding the topic, than it get's pretty boring.

If the topic really starts going in a wierd direction or people start flaming each other, then a real moderator steps in and cools things down.

Other then the rude way you obviously intended that. I guess you right. Alright.

Lisa didn't fall apart or dissapear. She still exists in Silent Hill so her existence can't possibly depend on Alessa. It may be possible that that happend to Lisa because she remembered the truth since Alessa's power weakend. When she was saying she's like the others she means Delilah and Kuffman, she means a bad person who deserves punishment (which the other two don't think they deserve) and then she begins to be punished by the town for it.....it's possible
Delilah and Kuffman don't think they deserve to be punished, Lisa feels guilty and she is punished. That seems to be how the town works.....

(I think I spelled those two names wrong...eh they don't deserve my spell checking)

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

>Other then the rude way you obviously intended that. I guess you right. Alright.

Wasn't trying to be rude, just thought your little "all of you are acting.." statements were uncalled for.

Quote:
Lisa didn't fall apart or dissapear. She still exists in Silent Hill so her existence can't possibly depend on Alessa.

Might I ask how you came to that conclusion?

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>Might I ask how you came to that conclusion?
She is in the [otherside] w/ Valtiel, where "her spirit must continue to endure endless suffering."

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

MMY wrote:
She is in the [otherside] w/ Valtiel, where "her spirit must continue to endure endless suffering."

Sorry, I meant the part about Alessa...

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Sorry I was having a bad day. No excuse I know. Anywho....

SHACKled89451 wrote:
MMY wrote:

Sorry, I meant the part about Alessa...

One word "Heather"

In more then one word (put in spoilers just incase...)

[spoiler]Heather is Alessa in a way. Unless part of Alessa stayed for a Holiday, Lisa would not be around to suffer unless she was not a construct of Alessa who left as part of Heather.[/spoiler]

I suppose some lingering effects and such could keep "construct" Lisa in Silent Hill, but why would she be suffering? Why would Alessa just leave an exact look alike of Lisa in town to suffer for all eternity. My opinion is that Lisa is bringing the suffering down on herself.

Like I said I think Lisa began suffering because she remembered and that Alessa was blocking her bad memories so she would be the "innocent" Lisa Alessa liked and not the "bad" Lisa who was suffering. When Alessa lost her control the memories came back. Lisa began to be punished.

This doesn't mean that Alessa did or didn't make her do things. Heck she may have been trying to hook Harry and her up! Wouldn't that be cute, heck let's mix it all into one!

Quote:
Alessa: Well I'm at it I guess I could find Daddy/Harry a nice Girlfriend, I know Lisa who I am keeping in that one place anyway! I'll manipulate her, it's for the best anyway! Plus It would distract him and he wouldn't feel as bad. I hope he stays in that room with her and they get along. I sure hope nothing goes wrong and Lisa remembers everything or Harry would get freaked out! *Later* Damn Lisa's not very lucky when it comes to guys is she. Then again I guess I'm a bad matchmaker. (Hahahaha cute huh I doubt it but why not!)

Then again it's only a possiblity. (I hope I worded that right, my head's kinda fuzzy and light today.)

Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Dec 2004
Notes left: 2560
Last seen at: Insomnia land, where I am Queen!
Ah, that must be it, Thomas. Sorry for the confusion. You did the Virun VII crest thingy. My bad. :D
I don't know what my point was anymore either, lol. :P
I was just going to say for you boys to play nice. There's no need to get your knickers in a twist. :mrgreen: So, what else is there to say about Lisa's painting? Who do we think painted it? Alessa? DaVinci? Let's all try to steer this puppy back on topic, before we get locked down. :)

Peachy's Predictions on Tumblr
Peachy's Predictions. on LiveJournal

Post subject:

Just one question, before we mention about the paiting, and about Alchemelia hospital, why would Lisa be in the nightmare, I mean she helped Alessa, Alessa likes her, Also heather remembered her [spoiler]As long as Heather is Alessa[/spiler] But why could Lisa be in that nightmare, she don't even diserve this.[/spoiler]

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Sorry Peachy.....

Raider Man wrote:
Just one question, before we mention about the paiting, and about Alchemelia hospital, why would Lisa be in the nightmare, I mean she helped Alessa, Alessa likes her, Also heather remembered her [spoiler]As long as Heather is Alessa[/spiler] But why could Lisa be in that nightmare, she don't even diserve this.[/spoiler]

As I said before my belief is her own guilt, not Alessa punishing her or anything like that.

Pablo Picasso...what he painted other stuff!

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Hmmmm...

Missing since: 19 Jul 2009
Notes left: 200
Last seen at: Jack's Inn, trying to use the free wifi
Yeah, Alessa wouldnt have brought Lisa back to punish her D:

Alessa LOVED Lisa. As Lisa seemed to be the only one who truely cared for her or shown any sympathy towards her, [The movie made me rage when they said "She even punished someone who was only curious" FJIDOJGODISG -facekeyboard-]

She even bought her a diary! T_T

Lisa was in the Nightmare because of her connection to Alessa me thinks :3
[spoiler]My own opinion is that because Lisa was kind to her, Lisa stays in her true form even throughout the nightmare, almost like she's part of saving her when she's with Harry. When Alessa gets out of control, Lisa begins to break down into the true monster she is T_______T[/spoiler]

ANYHOO! Back on topic! 8D

I think the painting might have some relevance, I mean. Harry's flashlight shines over it, so the gamer obviously notices it >.>
-watches clip again-

Well, what I notice is that their smiles are very similiar o.o;;
Or maybe thats just my eyesight acting up! XD

To me, it looks like a similar angle of the two, but flipped?
But again, maybe my weak eyesight talking X_X;;

Post subject:

I don't think that this is Lisa's picture.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I think it changes within the versions...

But if it was her then it would be like this:

But can't see the reason why there would be a picture drawn of her...

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Raider Man wrote:
I don't think that this is Lisa's picture.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I think it changes within the versions...

But if it was her then it would be like this:

But can't see the reason why there would be a picture drawn of her...

Employee of the month? :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next