Silent Hill 1 Available On PSN Store

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

Qsilver7850 wrote:I live in the US, man, we don't get shit.
Be happy you don't live in Australia, they get even less than the US.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I've not found any statement saying why it was removed. I'm not too annoyed cos I have it for PS1 twice, but I really want it on my PSP! I hope it comes back soon.
Drainage64
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Drainage64 »

I just bought it today. Us psn store through my psp so I dont think it's removed as of now
-=Let's Positive thinking=-
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

I have it on PS3 and PSP from my PSN account I live int he USA and it is the superior version to play now.

There is a problem with using the Disc version in PS3 due to some loud high pitched sound after kiling creatures with the gun. This problem has been fixed on the PSN version and for all intents and purposes you'll should buy it.

If there any questions I can probably answer them. Save files from psx memory cards work just fine as if it was a disc copy, same goes for PSP. Really, it is great.
[img]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2263/scyronah6.gif[/img]
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

Before obtaining the digital copy from PSN I put the disc in my PS3 and played it. Sure enough, I had the shooting sound glitch. But then I used the remote play option to try it out on my PSP. I didn't experience any glitch.

To anyone wondering: I'd still recommend just getting the digital copy. As far as I know you can still get it from the US store for like $6 (and better to get it now incase they do take it off). I've already played it through twice and it's just like the disc version- so far I haven't experienced any glitches at all.
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

I've experienced a few minor glitches with the digital distribution so far. The most common ones that I have encountered are some transparent/disappearing polygon issues, and during cutscenes when characters say one-word lines they always get cut off after the first syllable. The only one that bothers me is the glitch with the dialog. Nothing too terrible has happened with the disappearing polygon bug yet, aside from the occasional chair leg being visible through the seat.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

@Terminus
Hm, I believe I've had those graphics problems on my disc copy.. so I didn't think it was anything different.
But the dialogue thing is weird. Is it similar to when you press X during the scene to purposely skip lines of dialogue?
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

I don't know, I've never skipped dialog during cutscenes in a Silent Hill game. The text stays on the screen as long as it should, but the voice acting cuts off abruptly. It seems to only happen when the line is no more than one word long, I've never had it happen on any lines that are longer than that.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

@Terminus
Okay, that's different. In fact, I haven't even listened for anything like that- is it very obvious?
Only thing I noticed (thought it was too trivial to bring up) was when the world shifts into the other world when Harry is outside (heading toward the lake), originally I remembered him saying "oh, uh... oh!" something like that, but it was very funny sounding.
In the digital copy I do not hear the last "Oh!" at all, it was almost like they removed it on purpose because it was so odd and out-of-place. Not that I miss it...
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

It's a bit noticeable, it sounds like a weird hiccup or gasp.
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

Oh I forgot to mention, if you use the PSP to play the game there will be some slowdown randomly, usually while running around silent hill, like near the beginning, when looking for Cheryl. All in all though it is awesome since you can copy the game to your ps3 or psp and essentially have two copies of the game and switch off when needing to play. On the go or at home...
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

I encountered another bug with the digital distribution just a few moments ago: I got the Bad+ ending, and when the credits rolled the music failed to play at all.
Drainage64
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Drainage64 »

It's a little sad that the digital distribution would have any glitches. I knew a guy who had a hacked psp and he the game on there ripped straight from his disk and then ran through some homebrew thing and played it like that on his psp..I got to play it a bit on his psp and it never had any problems from what I had seen...weird huh?
-=Let's Positive thinking=-
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

Man, well there's another reason I missed that- I've just gotten Good+ and UFO so far... I'll have to get Bad+ next and see if that happens to me.

On my disc game Esperándote (Bad ending) is the one always skipping and silencing out (possibly from the scratches)- all the other songs played fine, though. Not sure what's up with that..
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

The disc game still doesn't work after the 3.01 update. I gave in today and downloaded the PSN version. Haven't tried it out yet.

It sucks that there are still some problems with the digital version. And hopefully such things can be patched. Still it's gotta be better than the sound bug plaguing the disc game.
Scyron
Hope House Careworker

Post by Scyron »

They wont be patched, and the Disc version does work on ps3 with or without 3.01, I don't see how it wouldn't. All PS3 models can play psx games, backwards compatibility only matters for ps2 titles.

Silent Hill
Publisher: Konami Digital Ent.Product No: SLUS-00707
Description: Throughout gameplay, when the user’s character shoots an enemy, a medium pitched tone plays.
Jack Frober
Gravedigger

Post by Jack Frober »

He's talking about the issues with the sound in the disc version. PSone emulation is not perfect on PS3, some games have more or less issues than others.

Like I said in the other thread. My disc version works great, might have something to do with it being a PAL version.
This young man never had a bummer in some 33 LSD trips. Every one of them was a delight, everything under control. He needed only to snap his fingers and down he came, anytime. But on voyage 34 he finally met himself coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.
DaPyri
Just Passing Through

Post by DaPyri »

Can you change the language in the US Version from PSN? Coz i´m thinking about to buy it but there is no Silent Hill at EU store.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

Scyron wrote:They wont be patched, and the Disc version does work on ps3 with or without 3.01, I don't see how it wouldn't. All PS3 models can play psx games, backwards compatibility only matters for ps2 titles.

Silent Hill
Publisher: Konami Digital Ent.Product No: SLUS-00707
Description: Throughout gameplay, when the user’s character shoots an enemy, a medium pitched tone plays.
I have a PS3 with PS2 BC. As Jack said, the problem is there is a severe sound issue when you play the game. It happens at the start of the game in the Diner where you wake up and meet Cybil. After the monster crashes through the window, once you fire your gun, a very high pitched tone plays and does not go away.

For awhile Sony was updating the BC issues through firmware. But ever since their focus away from BC with the introduction of the 40GB models without PS2 BC, they've since stopped updating any BC issues completely.