Was the other world a totally seperate dimension?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Lost Memories still says that Silent Hill gained its power to manifest one's unconsciousness after the large-scale shift.
I still can't see this even after looking exactly at the cited page. All I see it talking about is the power to call people to the town itself. Is it that "catalyst" word? Because that mean several different things in that exact same context.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

Furthermore, due to the large-scale shift to the otherworld that occurred in the first game, the town has become a great catalyst for the manifestation of peoples'
unconscious minds.
This.

@AuraTwilight: What can "catalyst" mean there, then?
JuriDawn wrote:So the town can just make people gather? Is that all? No, obviously they gather for the purpose of facing manifestations of their unconscious minds, as has been happening for some time.
What does "has been happening for some time" have anything to do with your assessment that the town gathers people for the purpose of them facing their manifestations?
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I was just trying to point out that it's possible for the manifestations of the unconscious to have been taking place since before SH1 without contradicting the passage from Lost Memories. Although apparently I was addressing the wrong passage.

If anyone needs me I'll be back there at square one :P

>. . .the town has become a great catalyst for the manifestation of peoples'
unconscious minds.

I've got it! What if before SH1, the town was just a good catalyst for the manifestation of peoples' unconscious minds?

I'm kidding, I'm kidding!