Where exactly was Cheryl? *spoilers*

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

GrievousGarland

Where exactly was Cheryl? *spoilers*

Post by GrievousGarland »

This is always something that has bothered me, so I suppose I will ask... where the hell was Cheryl the whole time Harry was running around? I always thought that as soon as she entered the town, she became one with Alessa but that doesn't seem to work with the events of the game. Who was the girl on the phone with Harry in the school? Where did the video in the mall come from? They both call Harry daddy, and the girl in the video has on Cheryl's clothes. :?

The only thing that I could think of was Dahlia having hold of her and using her to push Harry foward because Alessa herself certainly wouldn't do that.

Maybe Dahila has her tied to a chair somewhere and is slapping her across the face with her beautiful tie. :(

that is... unless I'm confused and that is Cheryl in the ending dressed in Alessa's clothes. I just always assumed that the girl sitting next the girl in the wheelchair was just a representation of Alessa when she was young. Was I that mistaken? :o

thanks for any info. This part was always a little vague for me.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

She was rejoined with Alessa.

>Who was the girl on the phone with Harry in the school? Where did the video in the mall come from? They both call Harry daddy, and the girl in the video has on Cheryl's clothes.

Cheryl's voice to torment Harry.

Probably Alessa or it's Harry's own fear manifesting.

And that means it HAS to be Cheryl...? Because Silent Hill has never before manipulated sound (Mary's voice on James' radio) or image (Maria) to 'get' to a person?

>Maybe Dahila has her tied to a chair somewhere and is slapping her across the face with her beautiful tie.

This is stupid.

>I just always assumed that the girl sitting next the girl in the wheelchair was just a representation of Alessa when she was young.

That's Cheryl "restored to her former self." Former self was Alessa, so..
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
GrievousGarland

k. Thanks for that. I just wouldn't think Alessa would want to show Harry those images because it would increase his drive. It being his own fear manifesting makes sense though. =/

and I was joking about the tie btw. lol
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I don't think it was Alessa, either though. She may be a little fucked up but she's not cruel or malicious and all of her interest in Harry through the game was a distant sort of curiosity.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Cheryl and Alessa merged, though I imagined that a little tiny bit of Cheryl's consciousness was subconsciously exploiting her own powers to try and reach her father.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The only time Cheryl is "seen" is during the opening sequence when Harry is chasing her image through the streets. This sequence, however, is a dream, while Harry is unconscious in his Jeep—and therefore Cheryl isn't really there: She simply vanished after the crash.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I wonder if perhaps the scene Harry views in the Silent Hill Town Center might at least be partially grounded in reality. After all, Heather experiences the exact same scene when she's in Central Square Mall.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I always thought it was an impression left on the Otherside--like the "videotape" Heather sees of Lisa in Brookhaven. It existed and it left its mark on that place. Other than that, the image of Cheryl.. doing whatever she was doing in the TV seemed more suggestive of a parent's fear for the worst when their child is missing. Either that or it had something to do with Cheryl's merging with Alessa.
alone in the town

It's confusing. In the intro to Silent Hill, you see Cheryl doing that thing Cheryl does even before the car wreck. And I can't tell if it's simply part of the montage, or if she's freaking out because of Alessa, who she will merge with in approximately 1.5 seconds.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

By the time Harry sees the video screen w/ Cheryl, she's already been merged w/ Alessa.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

No one's saying otherwise, MMY.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Krist. wrote, "or it had something to do with Cheryl's merging with Alessa." I read her comment as the event itself—Cheryl's appearance on the video screen—had to do w/ the merger.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

She was probably speaking along the same vein I was: IE, Cheryl's merging with Alessa is causing her to have an effect on the older girl's subconscious.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Now you understand my dislike of the overuse of the word "it."
Last edited by The Adversary on 21 May 2009, edited 1 time in total.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town

MMY wrote:Now you understand my dislike of the overuse of the word of "it."
Racist.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You're right. I do hate white people.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
GrievousGarland

MMY wrote:You're right. I do hate white people.
You like me though, right?
If you say no, I still have that embarrassing picture of you from the Christmas party. >.>

but yea, I get it now guys (or at least as much as I hope to get.) Thanks. :P
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

Krist. wrote:Other than that, the image of Cheryl.. doing whatever she was doing in the TV seemed more suggestive of a parent's fear for the worst when their child is missing.
Speaking of her doing whatever it is that she's doing... Anyone else think that what she is saying does not match her actions? I mean, she looks like she is hurting, struggling and screaming/crying out.. but they use the same sound clip from the phone call in the school. Maybe putting her in that kinda pain was a too much?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

PS1 laziness, nothing more.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

I just assumed it was a Lynch-esque mindfuck. Giving vision to the call he received, confirming or relieving his fears and calling reality and time into question in the process.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]