"GOOD": The only ending that can possibly be true.

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

mr. mason
Just Passing Through

Re: "GOOD": The only ending that can possibly be true.

Post by mr. mason »

ok, i mentioned that there are two variations of the kauffman confrontation, one that ends with harry saying that the stuff is dope and the other he dosent give it a second thought. aura said the one where he dosent say its dope isnt cannon, i asked why. then you said that it wasent cannon cause it implied harry figured it out on the spot. why couldnt he of just gone on without thinking about it
Words are our worst enimies, Only actions speak the truth.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

mr. mason wrote: second, there are two variations of the kauffman scene in the garage, one where harry says the suff is probably dope and the other he dosent make the connection. i think to have him metion the drugs he has to read the paper on the table in the lounge and find the indian runner stash, anyway if he only finds one of those clues he dosent make the connection.
I always do both of those things and I've never seen that version of that scene I don't think. He just asks "What is this?"

Edit: Now that I think about it, it's been a while since I've read that paper. Maybe I just don't remember.

Anyway, the MC doesn't have to know everything to be able to perform the action. That's what makes it a game, the player is able to think for the MC. Heather may well not know the first damn thing about Shakespere when you play SH3 on Hard Riddle Mode.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

aura said the one where he dosent say its dope isnt cannon, i asked why.
That's not what I said at all. What the hell are you going on about? Seriously.
The scene where he concludes it's dope is canon, so he can't not make the connection. We're also aware that the bottle has no cap, but that doesn't allow for some "get behind Cybil and throw it on her" bullshit.
My post in it's entirely. I do not ever, whatsoever, state that anything is "non-canon."

And no, there's no variations on the scene where Harry finds Aglaophotis in the motorcycle and Kauffman confiscates it. Harry speculates it's dope after Kauffman leaves every single time.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Harry speculates it's dope after Kauffman leaves every single time.<
That's not true. Only if Harry reads, or attempts to read, all of the newspaper clippings around town does Harry question the bottle's contents.
Last edited by The Adversary on 29 Jan 2011, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Oh fuck....
You DO realize that you just gave all TRSHE fans A LOT of ammo, don't you?

But I actually wasn't aware of that. Thanks.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

It's ammo for Good+ proponents only if they're dense. Because:
Whether or not he does openly state his analysis of the red liquid really doesn't matter. He's got reason to believe it might be, but even if he didn't think it was a narcotic, he certainly is not given any reason to believe that it's Magical Exorcism-flavored Kool-Aid. None of what he has experienced, learned, or uncovered by this point suggests to him that this stuff will in any way either disable Cybil or rid her of her parasite.
mr. mason
Just Passing Through

Post by mr. mason »

AuraTwilight wrote:The scene where he concludes it's dope is canon, so he can't not make the connection. We're also aware that the bottle has no cap, but that doesn't allow for some "get behind Cybil and throw it on her" bullshit.
i was asking why that version was the only canon one as you said here. i really don't know how else i can explain. christ i just wanted to make sure this stuff didnt get passed over.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, apparently I was not aware that there was an alternate version of the scene. My apologies.

Either way, Harry seems to read everything we have a chance to in canon, judging by his diary in SH3.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
mr. mason
Just Passing Through

Post by mr. mason »

thank you.... it may or may not help with the argument but i just wanted people to know that its a possibility
flipain
Just Passing Through

Post by flipain »

I was with "Alone in the town" from the first sentence, although I don't say the good+ ending is utterly impossible, I'm with Lemex in this, I do believe Harry would have been able under the right circunstances of savig Cybil, but it would go like 99,99% of not saving her against 0,01% of saving her.

Regarding the issues with the time loops, seriously, the thing of awake directly in the bar when you start a next fear game, is to me more of a curiosity than a fact about time loops in the actual plot. If the "time loops" started with Valtiel, and is him which makes them, it dosen´t make sense that Valtiel is bringing back Harry over and over again. Plus, in th 3, I don´t see loops either, Valtiel just resucite Heather because her path have not conclude like he wants, and this can be even avoided, since maybe Heather didn´t get to die in the actual plot of the 3 game. Sure that if you die in he game, and you resucite, you know, as player, things about that things that has to come, but it isn't implied in the plot that Heather, as character, remebered something, and it isn't even in loop really. And remember that maybe Heather dind't died in the actual plot a single time.

And, if Harry can remember that the red liquid can save Cybil... camon, he would not let her go to the amusement park, and probably would kill Dahlia on sight, and he don't do so.
My take is that there is no plot time loops.

I assure you that if Cybil was alive, she would habe been in contact with Harry, (another thing is that they not mention it, was is very doubtful), but no matter how little time they was together, they have gone through hell, being the only normal persons, that tipe of things is what make good friendships, if no more.

Aura said in one post that the magic symbols works in Silent Hill if you have faith in them... Well, I think it is correct, since in stories and worlds with magic and ancient powers and gods, the faith plays a very important role. Although, the Metatron crest did not work with Claudia, possibly becouse the lack of faith of Heather, but the pill did work, so, or either Heather started to beliebe openly, or the Aglaophotis works no matter the faith on it, which is also possible in a world where magic and ancient powers exsists.

About the things of the Otherworld dissapearing in the real world, it is an interesting theory, although I'm not 100% sure about it, but it doesn't matter in this.

I have a doubt though, what you think of this, guys?:
When Cybil is possesed she has increased strenth and resistance, or not?