SILENT HILL ON PS3, how to save?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

SILENT HILL ON PS3, how to save?

Post by Shoot The Sky »

I just got silent hill and Im trying to play it on my PS3, but at my first save point, its saying no memory card is in it... isnt it build into the PS3? what am I doing wrong? have you guys had this happen or heard of this at all?
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

You have to mess around with the options in the system. You have to "format" a PS1 memory card in there.
I've gotten exactly how to, but I'm sure you can figure it out. Just look in the options, somewhere..
GioGio
Historical Society Historian

Post by GioGio »

That's strange, it should automatically save.
Just go through the options, check each and every one.
Maybe like Video G said, it may have a save option.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

What you have to do is create an internel memory card to save.

Go to your save data utilities (I forget what heading it's under... games??) and scroll up/down until you see the PS/PS2 memory card utility. There, you will have to create a PS1 memory card. You can name it for sorting, etc. Then, using triangle (I believe), you will have to assign it to either Slot 1 or Slot 2. Alternatively, you can dynamically assign slots if you hit the PS button during gameplay. There, among the many menu options, there is an option to assign cards you made.
Rammstein751
Just Passing Through

Post by Rammstein751 »

I'm really surprised you're able to play the original Silent Hill on your PS3. I have the original 60gb model, and every time I shoot a gun it makes an extremely loud noise, like a squeal, which stays until I leave the room. Pretty disappointing.
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

Rammstein751 wrote:I'm really surprised you're able to play the original Silent Hill on your PS3. I have the original 60gb model, and every time I shoot a gun it makes an extremely loud noise, like a squeal, which stays until I leave the room. Pretty disappointing.
It does it on the 80 gig too. It's technically playable, but it's really annoying.
Rammstein751
Just Passing Through

Post by Rammstein751 »

Enika wrote:
Rammstein751 wrote:I'm really surprised you're able to play the original Silent Hill on your PS3. I have the original 60gb model, and every time I shoot a gun it makes an extremely loud noise, like a squeal, which stays until I leave the room. Pretty disappointing.
It does it on the 80 gig too. It's technically playable, but it's really annoying.

It is technically playable, but it ruins all atmosphere that the game has.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Same problems here. It's a pity, really... :(
Chris Sunderland

Post by Chris Sunderland »

They should really put it on PSN.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]
silenthillgamer666
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillgamer666 »

i didnt know u can play the original silent hill on ps3 damn :?
I LOVE Silent Hill!!!
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

it's not worth it though.
just play on ps1 or ps2
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

Oh wow ok then its not just mine, kinda a releif, super lame though.
It actually makes my ears feel like they are bleeding... so high pitched. really does ruin it. infact I dont even play it for that reason.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Thanks to the posts in here, I popped SH1 into my PS3 yesterday to see about that glitch. I haven't had my PS3 that long and so hadn't played SH1 on it yet. At first, I thought mine didn't have the glitch because when I shot the gun after first getting it, nothing happened. But then when I shot it at the air screamer, that awful, lasting sound came. I continued testing it for several minutes, and it only happened when firing at a monster, not just firing randomly. Maybe the radio static has to be going off for it to happen, or... I don't know. :? It can happen inside or outside, and lasts until I leave the area. The sound stops when I pause the game, but continues when unpaused.

This isn't acceptable to me. Not only is the sound extremely loud and obnoxious, covering up other sounds and ruining the atmosphere, but I am not willing to play Silent Hill rushing through each area that I shoot an enemy in to get away from the sound.

I even made sure I got a used, completely backwards compatible model of PS3. (They stopped putting out the completely backwards compatible ones.)

Not only is SH1 an important game to me, but I now worry what other new glitches will pop up when playing other old games. A local store that sells mostly used things is having a sale next weekend, and PS2s will be cheap. I plan to get the 'fat' model of PS2, not only because it's listed as $40, about $10 cheaper than the slim one, but also because that's the model I had until I damaged it not long ago, then scrounged to buy my PS3...
Sigh.
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

It really is painful though isnt it?
I tried turning the radio off and frankly it is indeed the problem on mine, but now how do I hear when monsters are coming?
does it happen even in the school? I didnt get that far, my brain hurt...
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

^Aha, so it is the static! I thought so. I could get by without the radio, but I enjoy hearing it, so don't want to play through the game without it from now on. :shock:

I didn't play all the way to the school on the PS3, either. Not even close! It seems like a glitch that would continue throughout the whole game, in all locations, though. I mean, I experienced the glitch both in the cafe and then out on the streets. That was enough for me.
Chris Sunderland

Post by Chris Sunderland »

It only happens there and a couple of other places with the shotgun. Happened to me 3 or 4 times. Worth playing to see SH1 "smooth".
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]