Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 11 Dec 2019

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Mar 2009
Notes left: 1081
Last seen at: North of The Wall
neonblack wrote:
^ Yeah.

I mean, so many people hold SH1 in high regards because of nostalgia, and nostalgia's cool, and I understand the graphics are part of the charm, but come on. The monsters and environments look terrible. This isn't the development team's fault, it is the platform. I would like seeing the environments and monsters the way the artists envisioned them.

The reason I hold SH1 in such high regard has nothing to do with nostalgia, it's because it's still the only SH game than can absolutely fucking terrify me. I've never had an issue with the graphics, I honestly think that (for what it is) is looks good, and it doesn't detract from the game for me at all.

That said, if they brought out a new version with updated graphics (even just up to SH3 standards rather than current gen) and new voice acting I wouldn't say no.

And ride a pack of dogs

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Jun 2008
Notes left: 1766
Last seen at: Chicago
I kind of love the graphics, and they definitely do not detract from the amazing gameplay and story. I just would like to see the monsters like they were meant to be seen, but that is a what-if wish. I absolutely love the game, and if the hypothetical remake never happens, I'm totally fine with that. It's not a matter of fixing the game. How can you fix what's not broken? I speak only of improving upon perfection.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Jul 2009
Notes left: 73
Last seen at: England
As long as they didn't alter the story in anyway and just updated the graphics and the voice acting, I would buy it. The graphics don't really bother me though. A remake would be great for all of the Silent Hill fans that haven't played the first installment. SH1 is a bitch to find. I had to buy mine off Ebay :o

Post subject:

I got lucky and found mine at Gamecrazy. It was like the only copy too.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Feb 2008
Notes left: 310
Last seen at: A physiatric ward
Those graphics were pretty incredible for the time. I was amazed by the lighting effects.
If i'm not mistaken, before the PS2 was released, there was a real time demo of the prerendered scene where Cybil walks into the cafe.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Mar 2009
Notes left: 1081
Last seen at: North of The Wall
Seal of Megatron wrote:
Those graphics were pretty incredible for the time. I was amazed by the lighting effects.
If i'm not mistaken, before the PS2 was released, there was a real time demo of the prerendered scene where Cybil walks into the cafe.

The graphics were incredible for the time, mainly the fact that the it was a survival horror game with a fully 3d world, SIlent Hill was the first game to do that. everything else had always used prerendered 2d backgrounds. That was why SH was able to pull off those incredible cinematic camera angles. Also, the realtime lighting from the flashlight was just incerdible for the time.

rm2kking wrote:

I'm always surprised when I hear these sorts of coments. I've had my copy since I was about 13!

And ride a pack of dogs

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Feb 2008
Notes left: 310
Last seen at: A physiatric ward
I worship my copy as if it was the mighty IMHOTEP!!!

Post subject:

As do I!
I got it years ago at Gamecrazy and I love it. I only wish they had given me the original case and manual... Not that I am complaining too much though. I love my copy!

Post subject:

rm2kking wrote:

I found mine on Amazon. It's not hard to find the game on the internet.

Post subject:

rm2kking wrote:
As do I!
I got it years ago at Gamecrazy and I love it. I only wish they had given me the original case and manual... Not that I am complaining too much though. I love my copy!

Ain't it the truth. I got Resident Evil 2 and 3 on Amazon but they didn't give me the manual or cases. :roll: I did manage to get the manual and case for Silent Hill1, 2 and 3. Lucky me. :D

Last edited by SyphonFilter1987 on 23 Jul 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:

Yes... lucky you :evil:

lol. I dearly wish I had the original case though.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 573
Last seen at: Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
I greatly wish for a remake to be done. Yet I fear terribly that strange tendency of game designers to change story aspects.

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/2 ... ef=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.

Post subject:

Yes, like the REmake.

Post subject:

I don't have a Nintendo Gamecube so I never played that Resident Evil Remake. :(

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2006
Notes left: 573
Last seen at: Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia
SyphonFilter1987 wrote:
I don't have a Nintendo Gamecube so I never played that Resident Evil Remake. :(

Good graphics, acceptable gameplay, overall a decent remake in my opinion.

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/2 ... ef=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.

Post subject:

Borrowed it from a friend, but he asked for it back quite soon. I didn't get very far at all. I was really disappointed because I had wanted to play it for some time prior to that :(

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Jun 2009
Notes left: 80
Last seen at: Midwich Elementary School
An SH1 remake?Hell yeah!After all these years,a remake of SH1 sounds likes music to my ears.

As for the graphics,the animation and these stuff,I think that SH1 was very good on that level,and especially with the animation of Harry and all the other characters.E.g. Harry would not stop like a robot while running,instead he will take these 2-3 steps needed to reduce the force of his body.Another example,is that Harry,would not aim instantly with the handgun like being electrified up his @ss,but he would move his leg back,and lift his arms in order to aim properly,while having the correct balance.All these things made SH1 being some years ahead from the other games of the genre.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Jun 2008
Notes left: 693
Yeah, I was excited when they announced SM (before it was called SM, and everyone thought it was just going to be a remake, not a re-imagining). But then they revealed that it was going to be a "Re-Imagining" instead of a remake, and I felt a little jipped. Ah well, I'm still looking forward to what SM has in store, although, not with as much interest as I would have for a real installment to the canonverse.

They really do need to make a true remake. Sounds like a fangame project that I'd love to see, if Konami is seriously not up to it.

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Jun 2008
Notes left: 3453
Last seen at: New Jersey
11x20 wrote:
They really do need to make a true remake.

Why, exactly? The game is fine as is.

In my opinion, if you're going to spend all that time, energy, and more importantly money remaking a game, you should remake a game that was hyped to death but sucks and therefore actually needs a remake so that the disappointed fans would take an interest. Like what happened with Siren.

For example, I could understand if they wanted to remake the PS3 game Lair. It was overhyped and ended up sucking. If they decided to tweak a lot of stuff and make it a genuinely good exclusive for the PS3, then it would help Sony and so on and so forth.

I'm personally glad that Shattered Memories isn't a remake.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Jun 2008
Notes left: 693
I'm also glad that SM isn't a remake, because if they remade SH1 with the ideas they put into SM, fans would go apeshit. Honestly, if they had the time and money, I would like to see both.

I've got a lot of friends whom I want to experience SH1, but they won't because they are "good graphics" whores.

I feel that SH1 is one of the best installments of the series. It's direct and to the point. Not so much of psychological issues introduced in SH2, and not as much of the cult that we got smothered by in SH3. It's a good balance of what everyone likes. A little psychological, and a little cult. But not too much of either. So yes, it is fine as is.

Though don't kid yourself, the voice acting is choppy, Harry runs like he just got jackhammered in the ass, and while we all love it and appreciate it for all these flaws, you'd buy an SH1 remake. I know you would, being the SH fan you are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next