Why would Kaufmann... *spoilers*

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

GrievousGarland

Why would Kaufmann... *spoilers*

Post by GrievousGarland »

Something has been bothering me lately because it doesn't seem to make much sense now that I think about it... :?

Why would Kaufmann force Lisa to care for Alessa in the first place? Isn't that counterproductive? The goal of the spell Dahlia and the cult cast was to bring back Cheryl, and Cheryl would be called by sensing the pain of her other half, correct? Then why would they insist on Alessa having a caretaker? Wouldn't that ease the pain and slow the process? Alessa technically didn't need one because the god inside her wouldn't let her die no matter what pain she was in.

In the book of lost memories it states that Lisa was still being punished by valtiel in SH3 for "slowing the birth of god" or something like that, so apparently it was the wrong thing to do (from the cult's standpoint) so why would Kaufmann insist on it?

Am I just crazy?
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Just because Alessa suffers wounds that normal people would die from doesn't mean she's immortal. Lisa was being punished for basically betraying the Mother of God.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
GrievousGarland

AuraTwilight wrote:Just because Alessa suffers wounds that normal people would die from doesn't mean she's immortal. Lisa was being punished for basically betraying the Mother of God.
Hmm... it's just that it says "delaying", not "betraying". It sounds like whatever she was doing was slowing the process down.

That does make more sense though, what you're saying.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Whichever the case, there's no way in hell Lisa taking care of Alessa was in any way detrimental, since Dahlia insisted it be done. No one knows Alessa is still alive, so there's no societal reason to care for her.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I have two theories that are not mutually-exclusive.

1: It's done as a precaution. Alessa proved to be physically resilient beyond any normal child considering what she endured, but according to Origins, she was removed prematurely. We know also from Origins that her internal organs were undamaged, that the damage was entirely external. Bear in mind, however, that God was supposed to be birthed shortly after the burning took place. The seven-year prolongation was not a part of the initial plan, and perhaps they don't know for sure she can survive long enough for Alessa's other half to return and reconstitute. Lisa is installed to ensure she does.

2: Lisa is addicted to a psychotropic narcotic. If the motel scene in Origins is any indication, it may leave Lisa in a very suggestible state. Kaufman may be mining her for information she hears when members of the Order check in on Alessa, because his goals are not the same as Dahlia's, and he's certainly the kind of guy who likes to cover his bases.
GrievousGarland

Well AITT, I think number 2 is more likely... because I doubt Alessa needed any care to continue living.

According to Lost Memories, Alessa was "made to continue living by means of an incantation." So she wasn't going to die regardless.

as Lisa said, "what is keeping that child alive?"
It certainly wasn't her doing, but she was punished for causing a delay anyway.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>doesn't mean she's immortal.
Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle writes Alessa is "a young girl who is unable to die as a result of being impregnated with God."

An inability to die indicates immortality as long as the god-fetus is in her.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
GrievousGarland

MMY wrote:>doesn't mean she's immortal.
Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle writes Alessa is "a young girl who is unable to die as a result of being impregnated with God."

Yep, rendering Lisa wholly unnecessary. Alessa wasn't going to die if you just left her there to rot, doing anything else would just slow down the process. I suppose Kaufmann must have stationed her there for informational purposes, or Dahlia was just an idiot in asking for her.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

>doesn't mean she's immortal.

Indeed, but do Kauffman and Dahlia KNOW this? Dahlia probably does, but Kauffman might not fully realize it, and letting Kauffman believe she can potentially die is a good way to keep him busy and under her control, Dahlia might realize.

To add on to AITT's ideas, Lisa might be there to watch Alessa, incase the bitch tries to kill herself with magic seals or something silly like that.
GrievousGarland

^^^ Yes, but if someone wanted to prevent that from happening though, they shouldn't have killed the hired help. >.>
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>do Kauffman and Dahlia KNOW this?
Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle writes this, "[Lisa] was charged with nursing Alessa, who was kept alive even with her severe burns by means of an incantation." The incantation was deliberately cast by Dahlia to keep Alessa alive, so, yes, Dahlia knew nothing could kill Alessa.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

The point of my statement is that Lisa is there to monitor Alessa and make sure she doesn't find a way to abrogate the incantation. Dahlia's cunning, as we've seen, and her plans have already been sidetracked before because of unforeseen developments.
FailingCancer
Just Passing Through

Post by FailingCancer »

Wait Lisa was PUNISHED? For what?
GrievousGarland

FailingCancer wrote:Wait Lisa was PUNISHED? For what?
In SH3 she was. Vegetable head is seen torturing her. *shudders*
FailingCancer
Just Passing Through

Post by FailingCancer »

Oh....I thought she did something to warrant being forced to care for Alessa but I guess she need the PTV right?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Punishment being talked about is referring to how Lisa is still trapped in the Otherworld later in SH3, when you see Heather climbing the ladder in the hospital and Valtiel is...doing something to her.
Rob Matter
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Rob Matter »

Ugh, more Lost Memories BS...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

You don't like Lost Memories?
FailingCancer
Just Passing Through

Post by FailingCancer »

I recognize that smiling face when Heather ascends the ladder as Lisa's, you know with the "What a Wonderful World" grafitti?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's not Lisa, surprisingly.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.