Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 21 Sep 2018

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 May 2009
Notes left: 1541
Last seen at: Some random piece of land enclosed by imaginary lines drawn on a map based on past conflict results.
AuraTwilight wrote:
The Punishment being talked about is referring to how Lisa is still trapped in the Otherworld later in SH3, when you see Heather climbing the ladder in the hospital and Valtiel is...doing something to her.
If that's true then Valtiel is a DICK!But how do you know that's Lisa?

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Jan 2006
Notes left: 4060
Last seen at: Carrollton, TX
Page 93 of Lost Memories includes a picture of a nurse stuck to the wall by the ladder. Next to the screenshot is the following caption:

Lisa appears along with Valtiel. Could it be that her spirit must continue to endure endless suffering?

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
I don't like that. What would be the point of her suffering in the Otherworld?

Post subject:

alone in the town wrote:
I don't like that. What would be the point of her suffering in the Otherworld?

the only reason I found would be to punish her for delaying the birth of god by easing Alessa's pain (I.E. making the call the Cheryl take longer).

in fact, I almost remember that being printed in there. lol

Post subject:

I guess she was punished for being a drug addict and aiding Kaufmann and Dahlia in keeping Alessa locked up in a room in the hospital's basement. That's all I can think of.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Jun 2009
Notes left: 121
"is to show that Alessa's influence is getting stronger" so maybe its just another manifestation..... since if it is true, the Alessa instinct inside Heather is probably gonna do something....

Post subject:

Well there's that too.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Jun 2009
Notes left: 82
I thought it was possible that Lisa was punishing her own spirit (sorta like what James did but worst) and that what it means is that Alessa's influence draws her to Heather. I mean even Heather mentions her in a completely non-vindictive way that suggests to me that the issue of her being punished is not of Alessa's doing.

That being said, on the original subject it may have just been precautiuon. Or maybe Lisa was placed there to make noisy people think that the patient there was infact a unqie case who is being taken care of. If someone found out that they had a little girl there who was not being treated then it could lead to problems (both in and outside the order, as not everyone seemed suppotive of Dahlia) down the road. Maybe Lisa was told to just watch the kid and Lisa chose to take care of Alessa's wounds herself since she is a nurse and leaving a little girl bleeding and pussing would be a very cruel thing for almost anyone to do. Lisa may have just been there to be a look out.

Report to me if anyone besides yourself, Dahlia, or me comes down here type thing.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Jun 2009
Notes left: 121
Perhaps she was punished for easing Alessa's pain(Since the baby needs pain to nurture) maybe she didn't know what the punishment is for be-friending Alessa.
So Lisa befriended someone, eased someone's pain but gets tortured after?
Hence the title: Tragic Beauty

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jan 2009
Notes left: 123
Last seen at: Behind the curtain
From what I remember Kaufman says something like "I never wanted this" during the pre-samael battle. Maybe he stationed Lisa to look after Alessa knowing that it would slow down the birth of God. After all, just like Vincent, he didn't share the same ideals as the cult.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Oct 2009
Notes left: 45
Kaufman was never truly an occultist, he just saw it as a way to make money and stay above the law. I doubt he even believed in the God until he had to experience it first hand, so it is logical that he would use Lisa to take care of Alessa as the incantation would be a bunch of make believe.

In SH3 the otherworld is coming from Alessa remembering her past, so naturally the previous incarnation would return with all the dellousions, including the regretful Lisa. What bothers me is that Lisa is still being tortured suggesting that the ending where she gains redemption and drags Kaufman to hell was not the right one.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jan 2009
Notes left: 123
Last seen at: Behind the curtain
That being said, Lisa was the one who sinned and not Kaufman, though he placed her in control, she was the one caring for Alessa, she was the one responsible for somewhat easing the child of her pain. I believe she drags Kaufman down as an act of revenge more than an act of redemption, thus still having to suffer for what she did.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
and Kauffman had some awareness and belief in the occult. He prepared potions and drugs to inhibit demons, and he profited off the use of Alessa's psychic powers.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Jul 2007
Notes left: 253
Last seen at: Palm Harbor
MMY wrote:
>doesn't mean she's immortal.
Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle writes Alessa is "a young girl who is unable to die as a result of being impregnated with God."

An inability to die indicates immortality as long as the god-fetus is in her.

True, but doesn't that mean that once it's born, she'll be just as vulnerable? Probably dying from either the burns or birth of the god-baby. This would mean that Alessa is in no way immortal. Only protected by the little viruses magic / curse / blessing, blah blah blah.

Not that it changes anything. Although you could kill her with a good enough katana to the gut / womb. I think the god protected her from death, but if it wasn't aware, could it have really know to guard where it was being grown? Maybe Lisa was there in a case a random crazy man came in with a knife or katana (if he'd beaten the game a few times) and stabbed her. I mean who better to guard a depressed burn victim than a druggie who's destined for the underworld. I mean Lisa just screamed " You won't win in a fight, I'll just flirt with you until my meds wear off, then I'll kick your ass".

Sorry, but I couldn't help it. Anyway, being serious, I think having an ace in the hole like Lisa as an insider would have been good for him. He was a schemer and a scammer, and wanted his ass covered in case something went wrong for him.

Post subject:

Quote:
Not that it changes anything. Although you could kill her with a good enough katana to the gut / womb.

You never fight Alessa.

Quote:
I think the god protected her from death, but if it wasn't aware, could it have really know to guard where it was being grown?

Maybe it's just a natural effect of the God's presence, instead of actual actions on God's part.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Jul 2007
Notes left: 253
Last seen at: Palm Harbor
Quote:
Quote:
Not that it changes anything. Although you could kill her with a good enough katana to the gut / womb.

You never fight Alessa.

Strictly speaking I didn't mean the player them self. I meant if things had been different. Or if someone else had come in randomly trying to kill her.

Quote:
Quote:
I think the god protected her from death, but if it wasn't aware, could it have really know to guard where it was being grown?

Maybe it's just a natural effect of the God's presence, instead of actual actions on God's part.

Hmm, good point. I still wonder if it was protected as well though.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Jan 2010
Notes left: 31
im certainlly no expert , but perhaps as a form of torture? their whole schtick is to make Alessa suffer in order to intensify her psychic powers so she can (properly) birth god. if they keep her alive and in agony i could see this working; after all Alessa wants to die (and end it all). perhaps Kaufmann "enlisted" lisa to ensure this and lisa is surprised to see Alessa live in her condition. i think that since kaufmann is a "non-believer" he doesn't think that Alessa's truly pregnant w/ God. makes sense i think...

right?

This is a journey of angst, fear, guilt, anxiety
-Rob Zombie

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 31 Mar 2008
Notes left: 201
Just because Alessa couldn't die does not mean her body couldn't be ravaged by infection to the point that she becomes an unfit vessel for god.

Post subject:

While you bring up a good point, I'm not so sure something so ephemeral and spiritual as pregnancy with a deity can be interrupted by mundane infections and mortal disease.

Post subject:

Is the book of lost memories worth reading? Is it canon? I see u can read it online but I'd rather have a real copy does anyone know where I can buy it